Thread: chase daniel

Default chase daniel

I really don't care if you are pro Alex smith or anti Alex smith. Chase has looked sharp during this pre season so far .he has brought a spark to the offense while he has been in there. and has made some dang good plays.he deserves some credit. And puts us in a very good spot depth wise if something were to happen to our STARTER Alex smith. And no this is not a bench Alex smith thread. This is a dang it feels good to have a competent back up in the worst case scenario

Chase has been damn good this preseason

I've never understood the rush from some wanting to trade him
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Daniel has done a good job for us every time he has gotten on the field when it counted. I have spoken a lot about trading him.....but I've always said "only if Reid feels we have a good #2 to replace him."

At this point it seems pretty clear that Alex is our #1 and Daniel is #2 for this season and I'm totally good with that.

But I will say this....I'd see no problem with putting Daniel in late in a game where we were down by 10 or more points. I've watched the NFL enough to know that often a change of QB late in the game makes a HUGE difference. Not because the replacement QB is "better" but because the change of tempo and "style" often completely befuddles the enemy defense.

Being honest....how many of us have watched a #2 QB come in and rescue a game in the last quarter? Lord knows I have seen it a ton of times.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Daniel has done a good job for us every time he has gotten on the field when it counted. I have spoken a lot about trading him.....but I've always said "only if Reid feels we have a good #2 to replace him."

At this point it seems pretty clear that Alex is our #1 and Daniel is #2 for this season and I'm totally good with that.

But I will say this....I'd see no problem with putting Daniel in late in a game where we were down by 10 or more points. I've watched the NFL enough to know that often a change of QB late in the game makes a HUGE difference. Not because the replacement QB is "better" but because the change of tempo and "style" often completely befuddles the enemy defense.

Being honest....how many of us have watched a #2 QB come in and rescue a game in the last quarter? Lord knows I have seen it a ton of times.
    My gut tells me it is far less often than when the #2 QB comes in and makes no difference in winning the game. I think we selectively remember the heroic #2s because it is unexpected. We don't remember when things go as they should and the number two plays like a number two.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    My gut tells me it is far less often than when the #2 QB comes in and makes no difference in winning the game. I think we selectively remember the heroic #2s because it is unexpected. We don't remember when things go as they should and the number two plays like a number two.
    That is almost assuredly true. But y'know....when you are down by 10 or more with 10 minutes or less left to play and your #1 has been ineffective for 50 minutes, then why not "throw the dice"? If the #1 QB doesn't have the self-confidence to deal with that then he shouldn't be a #1 QB.

Think back to the New England game last year. We pasted the splats so bad they pulled Brady. Doesn't seem to have had any ill effect on Brady.

All I'm saying is that if Alex ain't getting the job done and the game is pretty much lost anyway then what is the harm in throwing Daniel in and seeing what happens.