Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The "Developing Players" thread

Default The "Developing Players" thread

I Hope Fisher will be back soon and continue to develop. I think he actually IS an ascending player, injuries notwithstanding. Beyond him the two that immediately come to mind are Dee Ford and Aaron Murray.

1- I'm so disappointed in the fact that he got the rib injury. He needs all the reps he can get. What's the latest on his injury? Has there been a word about how long he will be out?

2- I'm not convinced (like some fans are) that Aaron Murray has what it takes to become our QBOTF. But if he is being groomed with that possibility in mind, how is he going to develop if all he is asked to do is to hand off? He is not going to get many reps in the 3rd preseason game and maybe late reps in the 4th. I don't see much enthusiasm among the coaches to have him read Ds and pass. Big question mark for me.

What do you think?

BTW, feel free to discuss other young players here with some potential of starting some day.

I was extremely disappointed with LDT last night

I've heard that Ford could be out 3-6 weeks, but nothing confirmed.

Murry has become a mystery, and you have to wonder if he's going to get a chance to do more than just hand off. We all want to see what he can do throwing the football & hoped he'd get time with the 2's, but it hasn't happened.

And yes, LDT didn't look comfortable at RG and looked much better playing LG the week before. He has to pick it up.

Well Reid said after he took that shot on the Safety he wouldn't take any chances and play it safe, especially if they were leading, As for Dee Ford I thought Chip Block were Illegal now

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Well Reid said after he took that shot on the Safety he wouldn't take any chances and play it safe, especially if they were leading, As for Dee Ford I thought Chip Block were Illegal now
    No, the chip block was legal. It wasn't a crackback coming from the side, that WR's do. Ford will have to wary of that in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    No, the chip block was legal. It wasn't a crackback coming from the side, that WR's do. Ford will have to wary of that in the future.
    Thank You for describing that to me Demps, I always get confused with the too. Hopefully he is mindful of that in the future

He better be. He payed a heavy tuition for that bit of education.

I think Murray is going to get a LOT of time in preseason game 4

Alex will get little if any time during that game.

I am let down that all he has done is hand off not sure how he is suppose to show anything doing that. But maybe they are just waiting on week 4 to get a look at him
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think Murray is going to get a LOT of time in preseason game 4

Alex will get little if any time during that game.

I am let down that all he has done is hand off not sure how he is suppose to show anything doing that. But maybe they are just waiting on week 4 to get a look at him
    So far Murray has been playing with mostly the 3's. It would make sense that when they let him play with the 2's that they start letting Murray wing it downfield.

Maybe Reid isn't overly high on Murray

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast