Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisher vs. Stephenson

Default Fisher vs. Stephenson

The "Alex Smith" debate is OVER (probably not).

I'm not saying that anything has been settled one way or the other ..... I'm just saying that we have all made our points one way or the other -- nobody's opinion will change until we at least get into the regular season.

So let's talk about LT (the 2nd most important position, imo)

I think Donald Stephenson is the best LT on the team -- pass blocking at least.
    If the Chiefs wanna be a better down field pass offense ..... they need their best pass blocker playing LT.

That doesn't mean that Fisher can't still be a good player for the Chiefs at RT ..... but the job shouldn't be handed to him just because he was a #1 overall pick.

....... just like the job shouldn't be handed to Smith just because he's making the most money. Ijs.....
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Bull. You only value facts that match your biases. I called you out correctly as a troll from word go. The only issues you've ever brought up on the forum are hot-bed topics amongst Chiefs fans, and never once have I seen you make a post about why you like the team or what players from the past present or future that got you interested. Instead it was about bashing Alex Smith from word go. You can't even start a new topic without mentioning Alex Smith and the proof lies in the start of this thread.
    Wish I could have given this 10 thumbs up! For Billy-bob it's all about Alex Smith. For me and most folks here it's ALL ABOUT THE CHIEFS! OUR Chiefs! OUR team!

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    This is the 1st time i evej sen him post anything besides an alex smith topic buthe still found a way to make it about alex. So i guess you can say this is an improvement.
    An "improvement"? Yes. But like Ronald Reagan said...Trust, but verify. When Billy-bob can make at least half his posts have nothing to do with QB then I'll start thinking about trust.

So does that mean Fisher is a better run blocker then?? I fell like Fisher will turn the corner this year

I sincerely hope Fisher has his breakout year this year...we need some kind of continuity on this OL - which - imo, is the weak point of this football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    So does that mean Fisher is a better run blocker then?? I fell like Fisher will turn the corner this year
    To me Fisher seemed like his run-blocking game was better than his pass-blocking game last year....but I am no expert. We need him to have a "breakout" year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I sincerely hope Fisher has his breakout year this year...we need some kind of continuity on this OL - which - imo, is the weak point of this football team.
    Yup. I agree that O-line is our weak point this year. O-line was mostly ignored by pissoli and we are paying the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    So does that mean Fisher is a better run blocker then??
    I'd say that he is, but blind side pass protection is why LT are valued higher than all other O-linemen.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    But they don't seem to struggle in the run blocking department.

The quality of offensive line play is more about perception than people care to admit. There are no independent, objective metrics to evaluate. It's mostly eyeball test.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Yup. I agree that O-line is our weak point this year. O-line was mostly ignored by pissoli and we are paying the price.
    Pioli spent top 3 round picks on offensive linemen seemingly every year. Jeff Allen, Donald Stephenson, Rodney Hudson, Jon Asamoah ..... signed Ryan Lilja, Eric Winston, etc. He poured resources into the offensive line. His biggest mistake was marrying himself to Matt Cassel and ignoring the QB position.

If a lack of talent was the problem for the Chiefs' offensive line, Dorsey/Reid would've done a lot more than they have to address it over the past 3 offseasons. All they've really done is draft Fisher to replace a departing Albert, Morse to replace a departing Hudson and traded for Ben Grubbs.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 08-27-2015 at 12:55 AM.

we actually have to keep these guys too when the time comes

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    Pioli spent top 3 round picks on offensive linemen seemingly every year. Jeff Allen, Donald Stephenson, Rodney Hudson, Jon Asamoah ..... signed Ryan Lilja, Eric Winston, etc. He poured resources into the offensive line. His biggest mistake was marrying himself to Matt Cassel and ignoring the QB position.

If a lack of talent was the problem for the Chiefs' offensive line, Dorsey/Reid would've done a lot more than they have to address it over the past 3 offseasons. All they've really done is draft Fisher to replace a departing Albert, Morse to replace a departing Hudson and traded for Ben Grubbs.
    You may be right there. It was vermeil and herm edwards that left us with old olineman and never drafted any replacements when ot came to oline. And mostly on vermeil or his time as a coach.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast