Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fisher vs. Stephenson

Default Fisher vs. Stephenson

The "Alex Smith" debate is OVER (probably not).

I'm not saying that anything has been settled one way or the other ..... I'm just saying that we have all made our points one way or the other -- nobody's opinion will change until we at least get into the regular season.

So let's talk about LT (the 2nd most important position, imo)

I think Donald Stephenson is the best LT on the team -- pass blocking at least.
    If the Chiefs wanna be a better down field pass offense ..... they need their best pass blocker playing LT.

That doesn't mean that Fisher can't still be a good player for the Chiefs at RT ..... but the job shouldn't be handed to him just because he was a #1 overall pick.

....... just like the job shouldn't be handed to Smith just because he's making the most money. Ijs.....
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Stephenson has been better.

But Fisher was a project who hasn't yet begun to touch his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Stephenson has been better.

But Fisher was a project who hasn't yet begun to touch his potential.
    I think it's safe to assume that they'll start Fisher at LT and Stephenson at RT.

Obviously I feel that Stephenson is a better LT than Fisher, but I also think Fisher would make a better RT than would Stephenson. That's the irony of it all, imo.

Stephenson looks like a totally different player when he plays LT than he does when he plays RT.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    I think it's safe to assume that they'll start Fisher at LT and Stephenson at RT.

Obviously I feel that Stephenson is a better LT than Fisher, but I also think Fisher would make a better RT than would Stephenson. That's the irony of it all, imo.

Stephenson looks like a totally different player when he plays LT than he does when he plays RT.
    I believe motivation is the reason he looks better on the left side, and that might have something to do with his stay in the dog house last year.

So when fisher and allen comes back. The line up could be.

Fisher,grubbs,morse,allen,stephenson

I believe allen was playing or having a good camp before injury. He started at rg but when stephenson struggled they moved all to rt but if stephenson is doing good can move allen back to rg.

Or if stephenson really is the better lt then keep him there and move fisher to rt. Also it would give fisher more time to grow and wont be getting the def best end across from him. I dont believe him switching from rt to lt really hurt him. Reid even said they usually start rookies inside to protect them before they move them outside. Wo i dont see the big deal switching sides.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sorry, jap, but like ctchiefsfan, I also don't see it that way. Stephanie Rae Jean offers no credible input
    An apology is not necessary.

Well I will be F***ed up the ash with a nail-studded baseball bat. I don't agree with this decision, but y'know...Andy Reid knows more about running a football team than I do.

An apology is not necessary.
    Are you really trying to piss everybody here off? We try to be polite around here. Stop being an ash. Behave the way you would if you were talking to someone face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Are you really trying to piss everybody here off? We try to be polite around here. Stop being an ash. Behave the way you would if you were talking to someone face to face.
    He's ripping everything way out of context. Here's the vid that puts into proper context:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...d-797d21e34365

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    He's ripping everything way out of context. Here's the vid that puts into proper context:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...d-797d21e34365
    Demps....I'm watching it now, but I sure as hell loved the part where he told that reporter off for being a dumb-***.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast