Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fisher vs. Stephenson

Default Fisher vs. Stephenson

The "Alex Smith" debate is OVER (probably not).

I'm not saying that anything has been settled one way or the other ..... I'm just saying that we have all made our points one way or the other -- nobody's opinion will change until we at least get into the regular season.

So let's talk about LT (the 2nd most important position, imo)

I think Donald Stephenson is the best LT on the team -- pass blocking at least.
    If the Chiefs wanna be a better down field pass offense ..... they need their best pass blocker playing LT.

That doesn't mean that Fisher can't still be a good player for the Chiefs at RT ..... but the job shouldn't be handed to him just because he was a #1 overall pick.

....... just like the job shouldn't be handed to Smith just because he's making the most money. Ijs.....
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

^^ Only one of those O-Lineman mentioned regarding Pioli was worth a grain of salt, and that was Hudson. Allen and Stephenson are still undistinguished, and the others mentioned were mediocre. And they all came far too late to save either Cassel or Pioli's skin.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ^^ Only one of those O-Lineman mentioned regarding Pioli was worth a grain of salt, and that was Hudson. Allen and Stephenson are still undistinguished, and the others mentioned were mediocre. And they all came far too late to save either Cassel or Pioli's skin.
    His point was that Pioli ignored the Oline, and it's the reason why we have problems on the Oline today. That's not it at all.

The Chiefs don't lack talent on the Oline. It's a problem with the offense as a whole - particularly in the pass game.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Pioli atleast drafted some olineman unlike vermeil and edwards. I blame it more on vermeil. He knew oline was ageing but he didnt care. Uz he was retiring then left team with over the hill players and herm never addressed it either i dont think.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Pioli atleast drafted some olineman unlike vermeil and edwards. I blame it more on vermeil. He knew oline was ageing but he didnt care. Uz he was retiring then left team with over the hill players and herm never addressed it either i dont think.
    Yup as good of a coach as he was he left the well dry in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Vermeil left KC 10 years ago, and you're blaming him for today's problems? Seriously?

Reid and Dorsey have had 3 offseasons, and they don't seem to be in a panic about a lack of talent along the Oline. They'll be fine, they just have to come together as an offense.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 08-28-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    Vermeil left KC 10 years ago, and you're blaming him for today's problems? Seriously?
    This is actually a surprise to you? People in KC have been having been saying that for a long time.

Reid and Dorsey have had 3 offseasons, and they don't seem to be in a panic about a lack of talent along the Oline. They'll be fine, they just have to come together as an offense.
    Im not blaming them but its what lead us down this road. You cant put all the blame on the current staff cuz they have to clean and sort with what hane their dealt with when they arrive. Can only add so much every year. And i was just trying to pkin5 out that pioli atleast drafted olineman which was a start. Not saying it was good enough. But if you dont draft oline to develop then you will be left with nothing when they retire or leave. Which was what happened with vermeil and edwards. Vermeil teams was older team and when edsards came in it was rebuild mode and he neglected the oline. It wasnt tell pioli got here we drafted oline. Since reid has gotten here he has drafted 4 oline i believe. So its not going by ignored as bad as it was with herm. Vermeil inherited a good line and then brought in willie roaf but left us with an aging team all around.

I think the offense will continue to make strides. I still believe that Fisher has what it takes to become a good starting LT in this league. The man has played 2 seasons in this league coming out of a small school. The first learning a new side of the line while adjusting to NFL game speed and the next coming off a surgery. I think that is grounds to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am certainly not encouraged by what I have seen of this O Line so far this offseason but I think the team can adjust and make it work.

Oh, so nobody thought that Stephenson looks better at LT than Fisher?

Oh, so nobody thought that Stephenson looks better at LT than Fisher?
    No NOT Really looked about the same

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast