Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisher vs. Stephenson

Default Fisher vs. Stephenson

The "Alex Smith" debate is OVER (probably not).

I'm not saying that anything has been settled one way or the other ..... I'm just saying that we have all made our points one way or the other -- nobody's opinion will change until we at least get into the regular season.

So let's talk about LT (the 2nd most important position, imo)

I think Donald Stephenson is the best LT on the team -- pass blocking at least.
    If the Chiefs wanna be a better down field pass offense ..... they need their best pass blocker playing LT.

That doesn't mean that Fisher can't still be a good player for the Chiefs at RT ..... but the job shouldn't be handed to him just because he was a #1 overall pick.

....... just like the job shouldn't be handed to Smith just because he's making the most money. Ijs.....
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

My opinion is that we really won't know until the season starts and Fisher odd playing again. I was hoping to get a taste of him in preseason, but the injury stalled that. I'm cautiously optimistic that Fisher will look a lot better, but in all honesty that isn't based on any objective data.

Am I crazy or did Billy-bob post a new thread with no body to the post? My screen is showing no words in the body of his post?????

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    The "Alex Smith" debate is OVER (probably not).

I'm not saying that anything has been settled one way or the other ..... I'm just saying that we have all made our points one way or the other -- nobody's opinion will change until we at least get into the regular season.

So let's talk about LT (the 2nd most important position, imo)

I think Donald Stephenson is the best LT on the team -- pass blocking at least.
    If the Chiefs wanna be a better down field pass offense ..... they need their best pass blocker playing LT.

That doesn't mean that Fisher can't still be a good player for the Chiefs at RT ..... but the job shouldn't be handed to him just because he was a #1 overall pick.

....... just like the job shouldn't be handed to Smith just because he's making the most money. Ijs.....
    CT, can you see his post now?

Side note: aren't we all mature enough to not call each other names when we don't agree with what someone else says? It seems like as soon as someone disagrees nowadays it turns into nothing but insulting them. Are we in kindergarten? Can't we have a mature discussion without resorting to name calling? Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

Side note: aren't we all mature enough to not call each other names when we don't agree with what someone else says? It seems like as soon as someone disagrees nowadays it turns into nothing but insulting them. Are we in kindergarten? Can't we have a mature discussion without resorting to name calling? Wtf?
    Yup. See it now in your quote. Thank you. No idea why my computer shows his post as blank.

On the rest of your post....I think you know I try to be a pretty friendly sort but to be honest I find his signature line arrogant as hell and his endless pedantic posts about Alex Smith to be more than a bit annoying. I am not one of the folks in this world that believes I have a "right" not to be offended, but I do believe that if somebody offends me day in and day out I DO believe I have the right to "needle" them a bit.

If that offends you then I apologize--to you. But I believe I am staying within the rules of the board and besides I spent most of my adult life in the South where "Billy-bob" is pretty close to a friendly nickname. So...No....with all due respect I do not accept your rebuke for the nickname I use for him. You're a military man. I served 8 years in the infantry (11B) and as you know nicknames in the military can get a lot rougher than "Billy-bob". He annoys the hell out of me so I think that so long as I don't use foul language etc that I am within my rights to annoy him a bit. And I certainly do it more gently than I'd like to.

But if the use of "Billy-bob" truly offends you then I'll be happy to discuss it with you via PM or alternatively you would, of course, be within your rights to take it up with the moderators and request that I be "warned" or "banned". Banter amongst enlisted men is one thing, but the mods are our officers and I will naturally follow their orders.

Respectfully.....CTC

Sorry, jap, but like ctchiefsfan, I also don't see it that way. Stephanie Rae Jean offers no credible input & does nothing but whine continually about disliking Alex Smith, as though Stephanie Rae Jean crapped in her diaper when Alex was brought to the Chiefs & Stephanie Rae Jean hasn't had her diaper changed since. Don't believe it? Then take notice of how Stephanie Rae Jean never makes mention of Alex's performance in the Indy playoff game that surpassed the post-season performances of other Chiefs QB's like Len Dawson, Joe Montana, and Trent Green, which is saying something. Instead, Stephanie Rae Jean stays miles away from it & pretends it never happened.

All the trash that Stephanie Rae Jean posts regarding Alex Smith has already been heard countless times before & to be honest, I don't really care if anyone's feelings are hurt by my counter-attacks on Stephanie Rae Jean. If Stephanie Rae Jean can't post anything noteworthy & can only post bashing Alex Smith like a stuck record, then Stephanie Rae Jean should STFU and move on without posting.

As for Fisher, like I said, he has gotten no reps at RT during TC or any practice sessions, whereas Stephenson and Allen have, so it would be pointless to try to move Fisher to RT at this stage.

My opinion is that we really won't know until the season starts and Fisher odd playing again. I was hoping to get a taste of him in preseason, but the injury stalled that. I'm cautiously optimistic that Fisher will look a lot better, but in all honesty that isn't based on any objective data.

Yea, I was hoping to see a lot more of Fisher's development at LT this pre-season as well. Seems like he's been fighting injury every since the day he was drafted. To be completely honest, I've never thought much of him as an NFL LT as far as pass blocking is concerned. Of course with what the Chiefs have invested in him ...... he's going to get every opportunity to fill the role they envisioned when they selected him #1 overall. I'm just not sure it's the best decision for the team.

On the other hand, I've felt that Stephenson had a legit chance to be a quality NFL LT ever since the days when he would fill in for Branden Albert. There's no doubt in my mind that he's ahead of Fisher when it comes to pass block skills, but he doesn't seem to be able to get out of Reid's doghouse.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

I don't know, man....... just listen to 'em.

At some point a simple disagreement about a player became personal; a grudge of sorts.

I guess we all have our own way of handling situations where our beliefs and opinions are challenged. Personally, it's something I enjoy - football talks or otherwise. I try to value facts over my own hopes and biases, and I'm secure in my position enough to hold an unpopular idea.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 08-26-2015 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    I don't know, man....... just listen to 'em.

At some point a simple disagreement about a player became personal; a grudge of sorts.

I guess we all have our own way of handling situations where our beliefs and opinions are challenged. Personally, it's something I enjoy - football talks or otherwise. I try to value facts over my own hopes and biases, and I'm secure in my position enough to hold an unpopular idea.
    Bull. You only value facts that match your biases. I called you out correctly as a troll from word go. The only issues you've ever brought up on the forum are hot-bed topics amongst Chiefs fans, and never once have I seen you make a post about why you like the team or what players from the past present or future that got you interested. Instead it was about bashing Alex Smith from word go. You can't even start a new topic without mentioning Alex Smith and the proof lies in the start of this thread.

This is the 1st time i evej sen him post anything besides an alex smith topic buthe still found a way to make it about alex. So i guess you can say this is an improvement.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast