Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3-0 in the pre-season....

Default 3-0 in the pre-season....

Yeah....it's only pre-season, but 3-0 is still 3-0 (including a win against the Seahawks). From what I read, the #1 O-line looked pretty good tonight, Maclin looked like everything we hoped for and Alex looked looked pretty damned good too. My juices are flowing and I'm starting to think....MAYBE, just MAYBE we can win the West, win a playoff game and....maybe...and......

DAMN!!!!! It's FUN to be a Chiefs fan again!!!!! :)

Tonight was a really good step forward. It's just preseason, and I'm convinced we need to do a lot better within our division but if we do there's no reason we can't be in the playoffs.

I hope they run the table and go 4-0. Something peculiar happened the last time they went unbeaten in the pre-season. They also just happened to go unbeaten in the post-season. It happened back in '69.

Some people say the pre season doesn't mean anything I don't buy it . 3-0 I think sets the tone and builds confidence going into the beginning of the season

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Some people say the pre season doesn't mean anything I don't buy it . 3-0 I think sets the tone and builds confidence going into the beginning of the season
    DAMN RIGHT! In 2013 when we started out 9-0 there were a few games in that run that we could easily have lost but the players wouldn't let that happen because they believed we would win. They found that "little extra something" that turned what should have been a loss into a win.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I hope they run the table and go 4-0. Something peculiar happened the last time they went unbeaten in the pre-season. They also just happened to go unbeaten in the post-season. It happened back in '69.
    Was '69 the last time we went undefeated in preseason???

I'd rather go 3-1 in the pre season than go 4-0 with injuries. Next game will probably be the backups backups playing for the most part

Preseason is just a confident booster and gaining experience. Oline play was impressive ut im keeping in mind i dont think the titans def was that good bjt its good for the oline to gain experience and confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Preseason is just a confident booster and gaining experience. Oline play was impressive ut im keeping in mind i dont think the titans def was that good bjt its good for the oline to gain experience and confidence.
    YUP! Confidence is very important. We saw that during the 9-0 start in 2013.

2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast