Thread: Homer alert!

Default Homer alert!

Most of you know more about the nuts and bolts of football than I do. I'm just a Chiefs fan, not a coach or GM that "should have been".

But I'm starting to think that in Reid and Dorsey we have a coach/GM team that can get us where we want to go. Seems like we're seeing a LOT of guys that were picked up very late in the draft or as UDFA that are starting to look like they could have an impact. That is mostly Dorsey. When we first hired him the thing I remember most is that he was supposed to be good at finding gold in the discount meat rack. And Reid, Sutton and Toub seem to be doing a great job taking these guys that most teams and fans would consider "camp fodder" and turning them into legitimate players.

Call me crazy if you will, but I really think we are on the right track.

^^Just look back and compare to the Pioli regime & one can easily see that there were a few talented players, but nothing in the way of depth and competition, and nothing was coming from the later rounds of the draft. You could tell that the Pioli regime was going NOWHERE, as he wasn't building a football team, he was running a political ZOO.

That was the very reason in 2012, that I suggested right here on this very forum for the Chiefs to can Pioli and look up north to GB for a GM candidate, as it was quite clear in 2012, that another GM from GB -- John Schneider in Seattle -- was making Pioli look like a real scrub as a GM, and you could see the GB way was working FAR better up in Seattle, than the NE way was working in KC. GB had always had a GREAT scouting dept. and they knew how to dig for talent (like undrafted CB Sam Shields in 2010).

I had no doubt that when it was announced that Dorsey was going to become the Chiefs GM, that the scouting for players was going to change dynamically and that players were going to be found, that the Pioli regime would not have found.

I absolutely think we are on the right track .I have pretty high expectations for this year. The defense is solid as long as our o line can protect and run block. And Alex takes his game to the next level. Superbowl is not that far fetched. I also love Dorsey's pick of Peters listening him speak of this kid. It sounds like Peters brings a swagger to that defense. Then you look at all the other pro bowler solid players stacked. Kelce Charles and maclin heading the offense.come on o line . Sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Call me crazy if you will, but I really think we are on the right track.
    Eh, maybe. We'll see. I'm not overly impressed thus far. Many felt that we were on the right track with Pioli and Haley after their first 2 seasons in KC too.

Andy Reid is clearly a better coach than is Haley, but other than that, I haven't noticed any substantive differences.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    Eh, maybe. We'll see. I'm not overly impressed thus far. Many felt that we were on the right track with Pioli and Haley after their first 2 seasons in KC too.

Andy Reid is clearly a better coach than is Haley, but other than that, I haven't noticed any substantive differences.
    Disagree. I knew Haley was a joke the first time I seen the guy speak. At which time I knew Pioli was a mistake for bringing Haley on board. It was amateur hour in KC. Our current management is building depth. With the exception of the OL, we have improved at every position - which - in just two years - is quite remarkable considering the salary cap mess we were left in. I don't see how you can't see a vast improvement of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Our current management is building depth.

True beyond a shadow of a doubt. Anywhere you look people are talking about the "excess" players we have that might bring value on the trade market.

With the exception of the OL, we have improved at every position
    True again. And to be honest I think the O-line is at least somewhat improved from last year.

I don't see how you can't see a vast improvement of this team.
    Even a blind man could see that. Maybe trolls don't see so well.

whatever they do keep that chachandrick west and wr Williams. lb ramik Wilson. those guys brought us a spark this preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty chief View Post
    whatever they do keep that chachandrick west and wr Williams. lb ramik Wilson. those guys brought us a spark this preseason.
    YUP! All 3 of them will become starters somewhere. It says A LOT about Reid and Dorsey that these guys are anywhere near "the bubble".

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    YUP! All 3 of them will become starters somewhere. It says A LOT about Reid and Dorsey that these guys are anywhere near "the bubble".
    The only one of these 3 that are near the bubble is Fred Williams.

West and Wilson are locks.

And Wilson is almost certainly a starter for this team, this year.