Thread: Rams Game

Default Rams Game

Reid said the 2's will more than likely start the game.

OH MY GOD their are people on my twitter saying the Chiefs should make a move for RG3

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Reid said the 2's will more than likely start the game.

OH MY GOD their are people on my twitter saying the Chiefs should make a move for RG3
    Forget it!! RG3 does not fit Reid's Offense & besides that, the Chiefs have a budding youngster in Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Forget it!! RG3 does not fit Reid's Offense & besides that, the Chiefs have a budding youngster in Murray.
    See my post on this subject. http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...he-first-round Should put all the "Smith-haters" to beddy-bye land for a long time to come.

RG III is only interesting if he gets cut and we can get him for the minimum. Chase Daniel is almost assuredly gone next year so if we could get RG III for $500,000 he might be VAGUELY interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    See my post on this subject. http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...he-first-round Should put all the "Smith-haters" to beddy-bye land for a long time to come.

RG III is only interesting if he gets cut and we can get him for the minimum. Chase Daniel is almost assuredly gone next year so if we could get RG III for $500,000 he might be VAGUELY interesting.
    I know you are proud of your post, but all your Pick in the first round post proves, is that RG3 was a mistake. It won't silence the Smith Haters who suggest you pick a QB in the first until you get a winner. I am not that person, because I believe if you are in a position to get an obvious difference maker you are in need of a QB already. The rest is a crap shoot just like every other position, the difference is the need to take that risk is not there with a QB like Smith on the team. I am pretty sure this is the Hunt Family philosophy. The risk of drafting a QB with the 1st pick is not on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I know you are proud of your post, but all your Pick in the first round post proves, is that RG3 was a mistake. It won't silence the Smith Haters who suggest you pick a QB in the first until you get a winner. I am not that person, because I believe if you are in a position to get an obvious difference maker you are in need of a QB already. The rest is a crap shoot just like every other position, the difference is the need to take that risk is not there with a QB like Smith on the team. I am pretty sure this is the Hunt Family philosophy. The risk of drafting a QB with the 1st pick is not on the radar.
    With all due respect, I think you misunderstood my post. Probably my poor writing. Either that or I have misunderstood yours. I am NOT against drafting a QB in the first round if a good prospect falls to your position in the draft. I am NOT against making a small trade to move up a position or two in the first round in order to grab a likely QB prospect.

What I AM AGAINST is trading away a whole boatload of 1st and second round picks to get a QB prospect early in the first round. There have been far too many first round QB busts to make it worthwhile to trade away a bunch of 1st and 2cond round picks for that to make any sense. You don't mortgage the future of your team to get someone who in the end is nothing more than a prospect.

As an example....If you go to Vegas you only bring money you can afford to lose. You don't take out a big mortgage on the house, sell your car and bring all your valuables to the pawnshop so that you will have more money to gamble in Vegas. Wouldn't make sense now would it?

Many people were upset that we traded away a high 2cond round pick and another conditional pick for Alex. That is understandable. Though at least with Alex we pretty much KNEW what we were getting. 2 2cond round picks is a lot to pay. Does trading away 3 1st round picks and a 2cond rounder to get someone who in the end is nothing more than a prospect make any sense? Especially given our poor track record of developing rookie QBs?
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 09-02-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    With all due respect, I think you misunderstood my post. Probably my poor writing. Either that or I have misunderstood yours. I am NOT against drafting a QB in the first round if a good prospect falls to your position in the draft. I am NOT against making a small trade to move up a position or two in the first round in order to grab a likely QB prospect.

What I AM AGAINST is trading away a whole boatload of 1st and second round picks to get a QB prospect early in the first round. There have been far too many first round QB busts to make it worthwhile to trade away a bunch of 1st and 2cond round picks for that to make any sense. You don't mortgage the future of your team to get someone who in the end is nothing more than a prospect.

As an example....If you go to Vegas you only bring money you can afford to lose. You don't take out a big mortgage on the house, sell your car and bring all your valuables to the pawnshop so that you will have more money to gamble in Vegas. Wouldn't make sense now would it?

Many people were upset that we traded away a high 2cond round pick and another conditional pick for Alex. That is understandable. Though at least with Alex we pretty much KNEW what we were getting. 2 2cond round picks is a lot to pay. Does trading away 3 1st round picks and a 2cond rounder to get someone who in the end is nothing more than a prospect make any sense? Especially given our poor track record of developing rookie QBs?
    So you argument is supporting what we had to give up for Alex in trade, VS what it would have taken to get an unproven QB in the draft. Not really supressing the ANTI Smith people who want us to draft QB until one hits!

Your statemetn, I would say that is the case for any player, not just a QB. It didn't work well for the Saints when they gave up the entire draft for Ricky Williams either. That is just poor team management regardless of who is there.

Some local KC Star Chiefs articles - It seems like the main focus in the Rams preseason game will be the TE

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...e33472824.html

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...e33224481.html

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...e32926875.html
    Last edited by Eydugstr; 09-02-2015 at 04:16 PM.

So you argument is supporting what we had to give up for Alex in trade, VS what it would have taken to get an unproven QB in the draft. Not really supressing the ANTI Smith people who want us to draft QB until one hits!

Your statemetn, I would say that is the case for any player, not just a QB. It didn't work well for the Saints when they gave up the entire draft for Ricky Williams either. That is just poor team management regardless of who is there.
    Kinda found it ironic that you used the Ricky Williams/Saints reference...The team that received all those Saints picks was the Redskins (who wound up trading a lot of those picks for Champ Bailey, who wound up going to another team anyway) and some believe that trade actually wound up being a good thing for the Saints, who later (after getting a decent GM) drafted Duece McCallister and got some decent picks when they traded Ricky Williams to Miami.

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com...ke-ditka-trade

But it does support what you're saying about poor management, and says something about how good GM's will make lemonade if handed a bunch of lemons.

I guess I am just a lousy communicator. But I will try once more to clarify.

Trading 2 2cond round picks for a known commodity--a "pretty good veteran QB" (your definition of "pretty good" may be different than mine) is expensive but not much of a gamble.

Trading 3 first round picks and a 2cond round pick for a "prospect" is MORONICALLY STUPID.

Let's face facts.....it appears RATHER UNLIKELY we will be picking in the top 3 any time soon. So to get a #1, #2 or #3 overall pick (that is what it would take to get a top QB prospect) any time soon we would have to make a trade similar to the IDIOT TRADE Washington did. MORONICALLY STUPID!

As for suppressing the anti-Smith crowd.....I probably couldn't do that with 50 B-52s loaded with nukes. Haters gonna hate.

Just like MMO/MMH went ballistic when we didn't use our first round pick for Geno.

Geno hasn't worked out. RG III hasn't worked out. Alex has worked out better than EITHER OF THEM for a cheaper cost. 20-12.....2 winning seasons....a playoff game we WOULD HAVE WON if we hadn't lost JC and KD.

Yeah....Alex has given us FAR BETTER RETURN ON DRAFT PICKS SPENT than either Geno or RG III gave their teams and AT A FAR LOWER COST.

As to drafting a QB in the first round with our regular pick....I've addressed that at least 4 or 5 times today...not going to type it again. But with a pick that will probably be below #16 for the next few years, does anybody really think we are going to draft the favorite QB in any years draft for the next few years???? NOT GONNA HAPPEN. JUST A FACT. At least not without making a BRAIN DEAD TRADE like Washington did.

That's my point. If you don't get it then their must be something seriously wrong with my written communication skills.

Great teams are built primarily and methodically through the draft. Not by giving away a boatload of draft picks to draft a hoped-for superstar QB.