Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why we are changing TD songs explained. Interesting.

Default Why we are changing TD songs explained. Interesting.

Chiefs president opens up about why team is changing touchdown celebration song | The Kansas City Star
    "We’re much better at celebrating traditions — it’s part of our core — than we are at changing traditions," Donovan began. "(But) this was one that we looked at over the last few years, and the reality is the performer and composer of the song is in a maximum security prison for crimes against children, and we just didn’t want to be associated with that song in any way, either directly or indirectly through a cover song."

Who is he? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Who is he? Does anyone know?
    The guy that does the song now? His name is Gary Glitter.

I think they are doing the right thing, a song is not as important as what happened to those kids

I don't agree. They started using a cover band. So while it is a song he created, he gets nothing from it and almost everyone has no idea who he is to even link the song to the child molester he is. He is getting more attention from the fact the NFL banded his version of the song, and now that the Chierfs are chaning it. The celebration and the chant the fans make towards the other team is one of the greatest parts of being in arrowhead. You take kids to the game, and they will fall a sleep bored from the game, but as soon as they score. The kids will even join it. It is an experience my kids still remember and do at home when watchign the game.

The three songs they have suggested to replace it are horrible suggestions. Absolutely Horrible. They are better off playing cricket sounds. They have already ruined a good portion of the tailgate experience by funneling cars in to the Truman complex forcing season ticket holder who have set up shop in the same place for years to relocate every week making it difficult for friends to find them each week. Now they are going to kill another tradition stating it is time to make a new one. Not with those songs..........If you are going to kill it, at least replace it with something the fans like. I have not heard one person agree with their choices.

Next they will be changing our jersey colors, and instead of selling BBQ, Hot Dogs and beer they will start selling seafood with wine. No one will be able to stand at all during the game, and dont even think about yelling. It will become a hazard to the fans hearing.

Sorry, I really just hate their choice of songs.

Seafood would be awesome at arrowhead. But they are definitely making the right choice people can change with the team

let's do it. right now. my choice. edit of course

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Don't really care what song they play after a TD. I just want to hear it played an overwhelming abundance of times this season -- especially when the Chiefs host the Donkeys in 11 days.

What about Ozzy Osbourne Let Me Hear You Scream

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Don't really care what song they play after a TD. I just want to hear it played an overwhelming abundance of times this season -- especially when the Chiefs host the Donkeys in 11 days.
    won't be cold enough

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — No glove on his throwing hand. No feeling in his fingertips.

story

could explain the post season problems
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I had read a story where Peyton says half the time he has no feeling in his throwing hand or shoulder. Maybe its time to hang it up before you get yourself permanent damage for the rest of your life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast