Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge O-line news

Default Huge O-line news

Andy Reid said today Donald Stevenson is the starter at LT and Eric Fisher will start at RT

That means the 2015 starting o-line looks like this, LT Stephenson, LG Grubbs, C Morse, RG LDT And RT Fisher
    Last edited by Chiefs4life24; 09-07-2015 at 01:09 PM.

I'm not happy with this. Just for the record.

I'm not happy that our #1 overall pick has turned out to be a RT. But it does seem like Stephenson has been a better LT than right. And Fisher has done better at RT, than LT. So maybe we finally have a solid offensive line. That is the only thing I care about. Doesn't matter to me what name is on the jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I'm not happy with this. Just for the record.
    If we want to be a better down field passing team, we have to have our best pass blocker at LT. Stephenson is clearly better, imo.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm not happy that our #1 overall pick has turned out to be a RT.
    Speaks to the crappy draft that it was and our rotten luck to have (hopefully) our one and only top pick position in said crappy draft.

But this may still be a short term thing, until other starters are ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Fisher has done better at RT, than LT.
    I'm not sure about this. I think he was beginning to show pretty hopeful signs at LT.

People are already ripping this WAY out of context and saying "Fisher is a bust". This is complete BS. Andy talked it over with Fisher and the big Fish agreed to go over to RT, as Fisher doesn't care which side he plays on. He's not a drama-queen like Albert was, who cry-babied to the media that he only wanted to play LT.

Plus, Stephenson never did establish himself at RT and Allen can't stay healthy. If neither Allen or Fisher gets hurt, then Stephenson remains a backup swing Tackle. Reid said that Stephenson played better at LT than RT and this move is being done to get the best 5 guys on the field. Plus, Reid said he liked the idea of pairing Fisher up with LDT over on the right side.

Anyone remember John Tait? He made the same switch from LT to RT when Willie Roaf was brought on board. How did that work out? Tait handled the situation with class and Fisher will as well. In both cases, it's not a demotion, just a simple position switch to benefit the O-Line as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post

I'm not sure about this. I think he was beginning to show pretty hopeful signs at LT.
    Agreed, I thought Fisher did a bit better at LT in 2014 than at RT in 2013, but Fisher played hurt at RT all throughout 2013. Hopefully this year he'll stay healthy.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-07-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Link to story - http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/9...tephenson-will

Bottom line is Reid's got to do what he thinks is best for the team. While I'm not sure it's the best move, Fisher made a better showing last year at LT than he did at RT in '13. Since it seems like nobody has established themselves as a RT, this might be Reid's best option. Stephenson has filled in well at LT in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Bottom line is Reid's got to do what he thinks is best for the team. While I'm not sure it's the best move, Fisher made a better showing last year at LT than he did at RT in '13. Since it seems like nobody has established themselves as a RT, this might be Reid's best option. Stephenson has filled in well at LT in the past.
    That is exactly why Reid is doing this -- to do what is best for the team and to get the best 5 O-Lineman on the field. Here's the vid with Reid's detailed explanation:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...d-797d21e34365

Your right, Dougster about the question at RT. Reid said Fisher had a great camp at LT and that he had to think this through before making the decision & it came down to the fact that this move was being done to get the best 5 guys on the field. Plus, Fisher and LDT on that right side should give them some real push in the running game, which they didn't have on that right side last year
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-07-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Since Alex is a right handed thrower his blind side is the left correct? So it shouldn't be that big of a switch

I can't believe that people are reading more into this than necessary. This is a major move -- LT is the most important spot on the Offensive line. It's not a decision a coach makes unless he plainly believes one guy is better at it than is the other.

Of course when you're #1 overall pick gets beaten out for his job, the coach has to play politician publicly and polish it up as not to degrade the perception of his player in any way. Reid said all of the right things, and I commend him for it. But at the end of the day, let's call a spade a spade.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 09-07-2015 at 05:54 PM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast