Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge O-line news

Default Huge O-line news

Andy Reid said today Donald Stevenson is the starter at LT and Eric Fisher will start at RT

That means the 2015 starting o-line looks like this, LT Stephenson, LG Grubbs, C Morse, RG LDT And RT Fisher
    Last edited by Chiefs4life24; 09-07-2015 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    Demp: I've been on these boards for sometime now..
    Well, good for you. Don't forget to inform everyone about your next nose-pick or bowel movement. It's sure to be highly riveting stuff. Get my drift?

Your decorum is atrocious!
    Good, I'm glad you see it that way. Let's continue then, by all means.

Do I value some of your opinions? You bet.
    I've pointed out many facts and evidence regarding the topic of what this thread is about, more so than giving an opinion.

There is NO reason for you to throw around expletives to another poster just because you don't agree! .
    Quite the contrary. When said poster is continually repeating the same nonsense like a stuck record, constructing false scenarios to support their phony arguments, and their posts primarily consist of continually bashing certain players over and over, then there's plenty good reason.

Remember that WE are all Chiefs fans here!
    Well gee, Captain Obvious, it must be our lucky day coming across as observant and intelligent as you.

Do you get that? Stop with your "bashing" of other Chiefs fans! In the end, we all want the same thing.
    No, I don't get it. I don't get how you could ignore the obvious reason why what you call "bashing of other Chiefs fans" is happening in the first place & now your going to try, in pollyanna mother-hen type fashion, to tell me what to do? Guess again, and if want to play mother-hen, then go use somebody else -- not me. The link below to this vid illustrates what you'll get in return for trying, as well as echo my sentiments towards you and your post:

http://www.toughreality.net/hendrix/images/bcc1.webm

Just to be fair, I agree with you that he may struggle at RT the first couple weeks or maybe half the season because he has had no reps there. Which is why I still think this move is not about others struggling at Rt. It is more about who was better at LT. Also, in 2013 he really struggled so I hope that does not come back to him quickly. Just saying, if he struggles the first couple weeks he gets a pass in my book to get adjusted.
    No, it is about the fact that Stephenson couldn't lock down the RT job, and there's no visual evidence to support Stephenson being better at LT than Fisher, based on the games played this pre-season. Reid said that Stephenson looked more comfortable at LT than at RT, and the visual evidence of that, along with the fact that Stephenson failed to lock down the starting RT two seasons in a row even though it was Stephenson's job for the taking, backs what Reid is saying and doesn't back what you are saying.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-10-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Wow, talk about maturity. This used to be the place to go for civil and mature discussion, but lately it has just devolved into personal attacks and name calling. I can get enough of that elsewhere. I think I'm going to step away from this forum for a bit.

The unfortunate thing is that I'm sure newcomers are probably seeing this drama and then deciding this isn't the place for them to celebrate and discuss the Chiefs.

I'm sure I'll be back eventually. Go Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of truth. Part of the head coach's job is to be a politician with the media and public.

If he's not making this move because he feels that Stephenson is a better LT right now than is Fisher, then he's doing a disservice to the team. There really is no other logical reason for this decision.T

LT is a premium position, and that's why coach Reid has to answer the questions the way he has. It wouldn't be this big of an issue if the decision were, for example, to move Grubbs from LG to RG.
    I think there is a logic behind the reason that Reid has given.

The reason that Reid has given isn't to far fetched to be true. He's pretty much just saying that Fisher is a more versatile player and it helps the O line as a whole if he's at RT.

There would be more reason to believe that Reid was just being a politician if Fisher had been struggling. By all indications he wasn't. At least from what I've seen from the camp reports.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think there is a logic behind the reason that Reid has given.

The reason that Reid has given isn't to far fetched to be true. He's pretty much just saying that Fisher is a more versatile player and it helps the O line as a whole if he's at RT.

There would be more reason to believe that Reid was just being a politician if Fisher had been struggling. By all indications he wasn't. At least from what I've seen from the camp reports.
    Putting Fisher back at LT and Stephenson back at RT would not have represented the 'best 5', as the right side would have been still raw and suspect. Fisher is being put at RT to try to bolster the right side of the O-Line because Stephenson couldn't. Stephenson had his chances and failed and I don't believe that Jeff Allen was or is a solution at RT either.
    There is your logic. Simple to understand, really. And a vid of Fisher showing what a class guy he really is:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...e-98cc9936022f

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    Yep, and a meaningful contribution to the forum at that. Foreign concept to you, I know.

Is my shirt-tail long enough? You do understand that the view never changes from where you are, right?
    You call what you do a contribution?!? Contributing to what? I've got another saying for it: Troll confession. Especially when you brag about how many pages your "contribution" makes.

Don't get the shirt tail reference at all (especially from a person that uses a shirtless guy as an avatar pic), but you are correct in the fact my opinion of you hasn't changed at all.

Response to bRD.

"No, it is about the fact that Stephenson couldn't lock down the RT job, and there's no visual evidence to support Stephenson being better at LT than Fisher, based on the games played this pre-season. Reid said that Stephenson looked more comfortable at LT than at RT, and the visual evidence of that, along with the fact that Stephenson failed to lock down the starting RT two seasons in a row even though it was Stephenson's job for the taking, backs what Reid is saying and doesn't back what you are saying."

NO that is YOUR Words now...... Never did Andy Reid say Stephenson cant play Rt and Fisher is being moved to RT because Stephenson failed. Never did he say that...That is your opinion of the situation. IT IS YOUR OPINION NOT FACT. What he did say was that Fisher could play at a pro-bowl level at any position on the line so he is moving Fisher to RT, he even said he could be a star at Center. (Which is complete BS right there, so he is already coach speaking Fisher up) RT is also a position Fisher failed at just as bad as Stephenson did, which has been my whole beef with everythig you say in this thread. Your argument two years ago was that Fisher was out of position at RT and moving him to LT will make him better. Now, you are saying he is the better RT so that is why he is playing there.

IT all comes down to. Do you really believe Andy's word like it is the bible or is it coach speak and he supporting his player by talking him up. Most people see it as coach speak. Yes you are a minoritiy in this. Everyone on the radio is treating this for what it is. Stephenson is the better option at LT. They are all saying Fisher lost his job to Stephenson and that Fisher is better suited to play RT.

Fact. NO OPINION HERE. Stephenson is playing at LT a position originally held by Fisher. Stephenson will be asked to block JJ Watts who is considered to be one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Andy needs his best LT there. His actions, not his words are telling the story. No debating this.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Wow, talk about maturity. This used to be the place to go for civil and mature discussion, but lately it has just devolved into personal attacks and name calling. I can get enough of that elsewhere. I think I'm going to step away from this forum for a bit.

The unfortunate thing is that I'm sure newcomers are probably seeing this drama and then deciding this isn't the place for them to celebrate and discuss the Chiefs.

I'm sure I'll be back eventually. Go Chiefs.
    Jap: With Demps, it's "his" way or nothing. He should be ignored @ all costs. I for one will. If you read his reply to me, it's evident he justifies all of his actions as being correct (always) I do think he's very knowledgeable, but unfortunately he cannot play nice. Been called a lot of things in my 50 years, but "Mother Hen" isn't one of them. To be honest, I like it.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I see you have removed your signature line. Thank you. I think you will find that having done so you will get more respect around here. A tip of my hat Sir. Certainly from me you will.
    No, I haven't. If the signature is removed, it wasn't my doing.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    So your saying you know better then reid?
    No, I'm saying you can't read.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    But i just believe reid and fisher didnt do anything to lose his spot at lt so that's why i believe reid.
    I understand that you want to believe that Fisher is a great player, and he may very well be one day. He was drafted #1 overall to be the LT for this team. He was drafted to replace a departing Branden Albert. He was slated as the starting LT when camp opened up.

If you want to deny all these things just to hold on to your belief that he didn't lose his job, then that's your prerogative. I didn't say that Fisher did anything to lose his job, just saying that Stephenson is better and won the job. Just because Reid doesn't come out and say it doesn't mean that he's lying.