Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Week 1 postgame thoughts

Default Week 1 postgame thoughts

Happy to get the win

Offense great first half. Never thought we would hang 27 in a half on that D.

2nd half not so good. And it wasn't in a fashion that we have seen a lot. A lot of the struggles came from getting very little going in the running game. Charles had a few runs but for the most part the Texans stuffed the run from start to finish.

Defense was kind of hit and miss. They had a couple of bad drives. Where they allowed the Texans to score way to easy. I think some of that late TD drive came from the QB change. You just don't prepare much for the backup QB.

Great to get off to the 1-0 start already ahead of last year week 1. And we didn't lose anyone for the season like we did week 1 last year.

NOW LETS BEAT THE DONKEYS THURSDAY NIGHT AT HOME.

GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Jah Reid filled in for Fisher he was just signed this week, he did have a holding call but when the game was pretty much over, he played his *** off today

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Jah Reid filled in for Fisher he was just signed this week, he did have a holding call but when the game was pretty much over, he played his *** off today
    Well, Jah Reid is also 100% healthy right now and Fisher isn't. I suppose the Steelers Maurkice Pouncey is also being labeled a chump by Shaun Smith because he had his ankle broken by the exact same type of thing that happened to Fisher.

Detroit 21- San Diego 10 halftime

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Alex Smith....Yup...sure enough he can't throw the long ball....NOT! It's true that the long ball is not his most accurate pass but give him a REAL WR and he'll Git-R-Done! I didn't try to time how quickly he was getting his passes off, but the announcers kept saying he was getting them off too quickly for Houston to react. DEMPS...Perhaps when you watch the NFL Game Rewind you could pay special attention to that and give us your opinion on if Alex was getting rid of the ball noticeably faster?

O-line as a whole....Way better than I had hoped especially with Fisher out. O-line has been my major worry all through the off-season. I'm A LOT less worried now. And who was that kid that filled in for Fisher? I don't even know his name but he seems to have done a pretty decent job.

Will do, regarding Alex, later on.

Regarding the O-line, it was very nice to see the two youngsters Morse and LDT not have any major issues and they didn't get called for one single penalty, either. Regarding Fisher, he was listed as Questionable on Friday and it was the coaches decision to hold him out and start Jah Reid in his place. Jah Reid's addition to the team signals the end for Jeff Allen, most likely. And Fisher did fill in for Stephenson at LT, when Stephenson had to leave.

Apparently, Shaun Smith hasn't figured out that it really is in the best interest to let Fisher get 100%, because if something happens to Stephenson, then who's going to play LT?

Oline will have Another big test against def. There harrassed flacco all game. But this was a nice confidence booster. Only one penalty is perty good.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Will do, regarding Alex, later on.

Regarding the O-line, it was very nice to see the two youngsters Morse and LDT not have any major issues and they didn't get called for one single penalty, either. Regarding Fisher, he was listed as Questionable on Friday and it was the coaches decision to hold him out and start Jah Reid in his place. Jah Reid's addition to the team signals the end for Jeff Allen, most likely. And Fisher did fill in for Stephenson at LT, when Stephenson had to leave.

Apparently, Shaun Smith hasn't figured out that it really is in the best interest to let Fisher get 100%, because if something happens to Stephenson, then who's going to play LT?
    Good points all Demps....

I must admit that I am borderline AMAZED at how the O-line played. Fisher out except for "emergency". This Jah Reid kid comes in...a last minute FA pickup and lo and behold our O-line STILL looks a million times better than last year.....and they do it against what is arguably one of the 5 best defensive lines in the NFL. Evidently Morse and LDT Played pretty damned well too. Our O-line played MILES BETTER than I expected. That gives me REAL HOPE for this season. I'm borderline thinking we could make a serious playoff drive.

Shaun Smith can kiss my white backside....IF he actually said what was reported. (I don't trust the press). If he actually said it, then he has no place on this team. There is NO ROOM on a TEAM for players that PUBLICLY criticize a teammate. If he actually said it and IF Reid feels he needs him this year then Dorsey should replace him in next years draft. Reid builds TEAMS. Dorsey provides the "raw material". There is no place on a team for troublemakers.

On Alex...PLEASE DO take a close look at how quickly Alex was getting rid of the ball. Several months ago I spent several hours watching highlight reels of Alex and I felt that his one fault was that he was a little slow getting rid of the ball. Hearing from the announcers that Alex was getting rid of the ball very quickly was like a "HOLY SHIP" moment. If it is true against Houston's D-line then we *might, just, maybe* be seeing a reinvented Alex Smith. I seem to have a recollection of another QB who is famous for getting rid of the ball very quickly....forget his name....Forehead...Manhead...something like that. :)

ALL-in-All....we bent the Texans over a log and made them squeal like a pig. And they are a tough team--especially on Defense.

After this game it's damned tough to not start getting REALLY EXCITED!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Good points all Demps....

I must admit that I am borderline AMAZED at how the O-line played. Fisher out except for "emergency". This Jah Reid kid comes in...a last minute FA pickup and lo and behold our O-line STILL looks a million times better than last year.....and they do it against what is arguably one of the 5 best defensive lines in the NFL. Evidently Morse and LDT Played pretty damned well too. Our O-line played MILES BETTER than I expected. That gives me REAL HOPE for this season. I'm borderline thinking we could make a serious playoff drive.

Shaun Smith can kiss my white backside....IF he actually said what was reported. (I don't trust the press). If he actually said it, then he has no place on this team. There is NO ROOM on a TEAM for players that PUBLICLY criticize a teammate. If he actually said it and IF Reid feels he needs him this year then Dorsey should replace him in next years draft. Reid builds TEAMS. Dorsey provides the "raw material". There is no place on a team for troublemakers.

On Alex...PLEASE DO take a close look at how quickly Alex was getting rid of the ball. Several months ago I spent several hours watching highlight reels of Alex and I felt that his one fault was that he was a little slow getting rid of the ball. Hearing from the announcers that Alex was getting rid of the ball very quickly was like a "HOLY SHIP" moment. If it is true against Houston's D-line then we *might, just, maybe* be seeing a reinvented Alex Smith. I seem to have a recollection of another QB who is famous for getting rid of the ball very quickly....forget his name....Forehead...Manhead...something like that. :)

ALL-in-All....we bent the Texans over a log and made them squeal like a pig. And they are a tough team--especially on Defense.

After this game it's damned tough to not start getting REALLY EXCITED!
    CT this is not the Shaun Smith that is a current Chiefs.

This is the guy who wore #90 he last played for the Chiefs in 2012

And he did say it on Twitter

shaun smith Verified account ‏@autumnsjs90 Chiefs fans I love yall & I will always be a chief but when u have chumps like Eric fisher pulling this crap cause he scared of jj we lose
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

^^ctchiefsfan,

The Shaun Smith, that ran his big mouth about Eric Fisher, is the former Chief DE who wore #90 that had a fetish for grabbing opposing O-Lineman's testicles -- not the current Chiefs CB Sean Smith.

Notwithstanding, he should just keep his mouth shut about things he's really not in the know about.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-13-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Shaun Smith was a DE for us. Really good performance by the offence as a whole

As for the O line I will say this

I'm not as happy with them as some

They got in our backfield A LOT today. It was a big reason our running game was pretty much held down. Outside of a couple of run Charles was really stuffed a lot.

SO at least when it comes to run blocking IMO they left a lot to be desired. It has to get better. We are not going to win a lot of games if our running game is as limited as it was today.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast