Thread: Dontari Poe: What a Stud!

Default Dontari Poe: What a Stud!

I just wanted to chime-in here about Dontari Poe. People didn't give him much credit until after the 2102 combine. Came from a weak conference (C-USA) & people said he took-off too many downs in college. He was slated to be a 2nd rounder & what a gem we have! People said he was a complete reach @ the 11th slot in the 1st round.

He's done everything to become an elite DT in the NFL. When I heard he was back for the opener after his injury, that sealed it for me. I'm not sure about his contract, but we need to sign him now. He's really is very special. DT of his caliber don't come around to often. Remember Dan Saleaumua?
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

I was against the pick of Poe when it was made.

But He has proven me wrong. And proven that I'm clueless when it comes to draft picks.. The list of picks that i haven't liked is unreal LOL
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Matt: My brother-in-law works @ ESPN in Hartford, CT. He called me a few minutes after Dontari pick & said many people there really liked him. I was worried. He's worked very hard to become an outstanding player. Nobody knows how draft picks will unfold. Did we think Justin Houston would become this good?
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I was against the pick of Poe when it was made.

But He has proven me wrong. And proven that I'm clueless when it comes to draft picks.. The list of picks that i haven't liked is unreal LOL
    I'm happy to say I am one who liked the pick. Mostly based on the stuff I had read about him prior to the draft, but admittedly, partially because of that old 'gut feeling.'

Poe got alot of scrutiny when he was being drafted not just by chiefs fans bit all the so called experts to. I am glad he has proven them wrong and I hope we can lock him up longterm

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    Matt: My brother-in-law works @ ESPN in Hartford, CT. He called me a few minutes after Dontari pick & said many people there really liked him. I was worried. He's worked very hard to become an outstanding player. Nobody knows how draft picks will unfold. Did we think Justin Houston would become this good?
    He was one that wasn't getting a ton of buzz until his combine workout. We have seen many of those just not workout

But it seems the more I dislike a pick the better they become Charles,Kelce hated those picks at the time LOL
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    He was one that wasn't getting a ton of buzz until his combine workout. We have seen many of those just not workout

But it seems the more I dislike a pick the better they become Charles,Kelce hated those picks at the time LOL
    Good. Now we know whose opinions to look for come next draft.