Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last thoughts on the Denver game talk Packers

Default Last thoughts on the Denver game talk Packers

Ok after a weekend of trying to get over the Denver game it's time to move on but first just a couple of last thoughts.

Andy Reid. Andy is a great NFL head coach. You can't have the success in the NFL that Andy has had with just luck. And he has been great for the Chiefs. That being said as good as he is as a head coach he is just not a good play caller. He gets to wrapped up in the passing game. Or at times when they have a lead the running game. There is no balance most the time. It would be the best if he were to pass on the playcalling to someone else on the staff.

The WRS. It's early but I'm a tad let down by Wilson. And to some extent DAT. Now they both still can turn it around but they just haven't done much. DAT did miss a lot of time in the preseason so have to give him a break there. But as of now it just seems to me that we have gone from Bowe or bust at WR it's now Maclin or bust. Speaking of Mr.Bowe anyone see he had 0 catches yesterday? WOW.

Now moving on to the packers

The offense is going to have to pick it up. When you're going against the packers they are going to score points. It's just going to happen. You are going to have score 6 and not 3s. This is not the toughest defense that they will be going against but they can't turn the ball over.

While the offense is not having there toughest week this at this time is the toughest for the defense. Aaron Rodgers just finds a way to beat you. They are going to have to step it up even more then last week.

Speaking of Mr.Rodgers it was around this time that he gave us something that I think applies to this team right now after that let down last Thursday night. R E L A X the seasons not over.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ^^The primary turnovers that cost the Chiefs the ball game WERE the result of play-calling.
    HMMMMM. Not sure I agree. "Trick plays" are often successful and that run with something like 40 seconds left was a "trick play". Most teams would have taken a knee and gone for OT. JC was running well (125 yards). Most defenses would have been expecting the "take a knee". JC could have taken that play for a big gain if the enemy defense was just expecting "take a knee". I think it was a worthwhile call....that just went totally wrong. JC is usually very good about taking care of the football. That call SHOULD have been 95% as safe as taking a knee. We just got bit in the ash by the 5%.

The outcome sucked, but I like the call. The donks would have had momentum going into OT and IMO it was worth taking a shot at pulling a trick play.

Sorry, but I can't recall any team ever throwing THREE horizontal passes in a first and goal situation inside the 5-yard line -- NOT EVER.

JC's fumble at the end wasn't what I was referring to. It was the poor-play calling before-hand that I was referring to that caused it to be a tie ball game at that stage.

I agree that the play calls on first and goal in that first drive were ATROCIOUS. But in the end JC still put the ball on the ground. Like you, I'd have preferred giving JC the ball from the start.

I am NOT saying Reid's play-calling was good. Not by a long shot. But it wasn't the play-calling that cost us that game. It was 5 turnovers. And good play-calling or bad does not make a player put the ball on the carpet. That is all on the player.

It WAS the play-calling that led to two turnovers in the red zone, plus the interception at the end of the 1st half. Sorry, but there is no getting around that.

I can't put JC's first fumble on him, because it was clearly the ridiculous play call that led to that. IF JC had coughed up that first fumble on a straight-ahead running play, then I would put it on him. Come to think of it, that 2nd fumble can also be attributed to pitiful blocking efforts by certain Chiefs players just as much as Charles not protecting the football.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It WAS the play-calling that led to two turnovers in the red zone, plus the interception at the end of the 1st half. Sorry, but there is no getting around that.

I can't put JC's first fumble on him, because it was clearly the ridiculous play call that led to that. IF JC had coughed up that first fumble on a straight-ahead running play, then I would put it on him. Come to think of it, that 2nd fumble can also be attributed to pitiful blocking efforts by certain Chiefs players just as much as Charles not protecting the football.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree. The play-calling was poor--no doubt. But holding on to the ball is the individual players responsibility. JC said so himself. His culpability is at least equal to Reid's.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    We'll just have to agree to disagree. The play-calling was poor--no doubt. But holding on to the ball is the individual players responsibility. JC said so himself. His culpability is at least equal to Reid's.
    It's not a question of opinion. The stark reality is JC should have never been in that position to begin with on either occasion. That's the bottom line.

Look at this thread:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...5-play-calling!!!!!

This was posted as the game was being played.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-24-2015 at 01:23 AM.

Regarding Green Bay, the Chiefs do have a lifetime record of 3-0-1 at Lambeau field. So there is hope.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...e-b8054f81c9cd

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    HMMMMM. Not sure I agree. "Trick plays" are often successful and that run with something like 40 seconds left was a "trick play". Most teams would have taken a knee and gone for OT. JC was running well (125 yards). Most defenses would have been expecting the "take a knee". JC could have taken that play for a big gain if the enemy defense was just expecting "take a knee". I think it was a worthwhile call....that just went totally wrong. JC is usually very good about taking care of the football. That call SHOULD have been 95% as safe as taking a knee. We just got bit in the ash by the 5%.

The outcome sucked, but I like the call. The donks would have had momentum going into OT and IMO it was worth taking a shot at pulling a trick play.
    I think what he meant is we should have never been in those situations to begin with. Especially the last one. We shouldnt have had the game already one if the play calling was any better. But also you should be able to trust charles to hang on to the ball once your in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I think what he meant is we should have never been in those situations to begin with. Especially the last one. We shouldnt have had the game already one if the play calling was any better. But also you should be able to trust charles to hang on to the ball once your in that situation.
    COMPLETE 100% agreement.

all he needs to do is drop one knee and it would of been different story . nfl wanted donkey to win so they can win the division for Mannings final outing. jus look at the pos refs not calling holding all game long... IM no longer interested in the NFL... oddmakers, gambling ... refs gotta be involved. **** is rigged

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast