Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last thoughts on the Denver game talk Packers

Default Last thoughts on the Denver game talk Packers

Ok after a weekend of trying to get over the Denver game it's time to move on but first just a couple of last thoughts.

Andy Reid. Andy is a great NFL head coach. You can't have the success in the NFL that Andy has had with just luck. And he has been great for the Chiefs. That being said as good as he is as a head coach he is just not a good play caller. He gets to wrapped up in the passing game. Or at times when they have a lead the running game. There is no balance most the time. It would be the best if he were to pass on the playcalling to someone else on the staff.

The WRS. It's early but I'm a tad let down by Wilson. And to some extent DAT. Now they both still can turn it around but they just haven't done much. DAT did miss a lot of time in the preseason so have to give him a break there. But as of now it just seems to me that we have gone from Bowe or bust at WR it's now Maclin or bust. Speaking of Mr.Bowe anyone see he had 0 catches yesterday? WOW.

Now moving on to the packers

The offense is going to have to pick it up. When you're going against the packers they are going to score points. It's just going to happen. You are going to have score 6 and not 3s. This is not the toughest defense that they will be going against but they can't turn the ball over.

While the offense is not having there toughest week this at this time is the toughest for the defense. Aaron Rodgers just finds a way to beat you. They are going to have to step it up even more then last week.

Speaking of Mr.Rodgers it was around this time that he gave us something that I think applies to this team right now after that let down last Thursday night. R E L A X the seasons not over.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It was said Pederson WAS calling the plays in the pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Ok after a weekend of trying to get over the Denver game it's time to move on but first just a couple of last thoughts.
    Seems you and I had similar thoughts about the same time. See my other thread.

Andy Reid. Andy is a great NFL head coach. You can't have the success in the NFL that Andy has had with just luck. And he has been great for the Chiefs. That being said as good as he is as a head coach he is just not a good play caller. He gets to wrapped up in the passing game. Or at times when they have a lead the running game. There is no balance most the time. It would be the best if he were to pass on the playcalling to someone else on the staff.
    I "generally" agree. Reid gets the very best out of his players. The actual play-calling should perhaps be left to someone else. Reid should continue to design the offensive playbook. Reid's offense is NOT the problem. How he executes it in the heat of battle sometimes IS. So leave Reid in charge of the overall offensive playbook, but let someone call the plays during the game.

The WRS. It's early but I'm a tad let down by Wilson. And to some extent DAT. Now they both still can turn it around but they just haven't done much. DAT did miss a lot of time in the preseason so have to give him a break there. But as of now it just seems to me that we have gone from Bowe or bust at WR it's now Maclin or bust.
    Again I generally agree. Maclin is far better than Bowe, but we need other legitimate threats to catch balls more than 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. That said, I'm still hoping Wilson and Dat can develope into legitimate threats.

Now moving on to the packers

The offense is going to have to pick it up. When you're going against the packers they are going to score points. It's just going to happen. You are going to have score 6 and not 3s. This is not the toughest defense that they will be going against but they can't turn the ball over.

While the offense is not having there toughest week this at this time is the toughest for the defense. Aaron Rodgers just finds a way to beat you. They are going to have to step it up even more then last week.

Speaking of Mr.Rodgers it was around this time that he gave us something that I think applies to this team right now after that let down last Thursday night. R E L A X the seasons not over.
    Complete agreement on all counts.

I fear the NFL is going toward a more passing league and running games will take a back seat

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I fear the NFL is going toward a more passing league and running games will take a back seat
    Maybe so...until the pendulum swings--and it always does.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Maybe so...until the pendulum swings--and it always does.
    The problem is being pass-happy at the wrong time. This was a problem in the SF game last year, and it reared its ugly head in the Donkeys game last Thursday - especially in the 1st half.

Flemming :(

Eric Fisher will start Monday at RT

Eric Fisher will start Monday at RT
    I saw that, as well. Hopefully, they'll be smart enough to take advantage of Fisher's run-blocking skills.

BTW, Branden Albert had to leave the game early yesterday & did not return. Possible hamstring injury.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I saw that, as well. Hopefully, they'll be smart enough to take advantage of Fisher's run-blocking skills.

BTW, Branden Albert had to leave the game early yesterday & did not return. Possible hamstring injury.
    Haha standard

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast