Thread: Time to get over it.

Default Time to get over it.

Yeah it sucks. Hurts like hell. But it is time the team and us fans just said F.I.D.O.!!! (F*** it, DRIVE ON!!!)

I was down in Florida partying with a bunch of college buddies from the '70s and it took me half an hour before I could even speak. But it's OVER. It was only week 2 and we all need to face facts....if we don't let this get in our heads we could still go 15-1.

The damned donks didn't beat us. We beat ourselves. 5 turnovers and 70 yards in penalties. With stats like that we should have lost by 20+ points. But we didn't. First we beat the donks. Then we went out and beat ourselves.

JC.....He had a damned good game. But he made 2 critical mental ball-handling mistakes. It happens to even the best sometimes. We won't see two errors like that in a single game again in his career. JC was just trying too hard to be the hero. That will bite you in the butt as often as not. Especially against a real good team.

Alex Smith was not impressive, but he had a higher completion percentage (64% vs 57.8%) than Manning. This most certainly was not Alex's best game. Wasn't our cobbled together Offensive line's best game either.

Andy Reid....He made some mistakes. That final offensive play was NOT one of them. Every team is going to take a knee in that situation. It was a decent gamble to see if JC could rip off enough yards on a surprise play to get us close to field goal range. Worst that should have happened was no gain and overtime. I HATE the outcome of that play, but I like the call. Yes....Reid did not do a stellar job of play-calling but that didn't cost us the game. You SIMPLY DON'T win a high profile game against a top-tier team when you turn the ball over 5 times.

Peters...DAMN!!! That kid is GOING TO BE AMAZING!!!

Defense overall...A good game. Nothing "special", but good. Held the donks run game like a stone wall. Held Manning to 254 yards and sacked him 3 times. Pretty damned good. The ugly truth is that we gave the donks too many chances late in the game. You simply can't do that against Manning. It'll bite you in the butt every time. Somebody needs to explain to Sutton and the defense that when you have your boot on the enemy's throat you don't let up, you just kill the little bastid. CRUSH the windpipe and be done with it!

If we play as well against Green Bay as we did against the donks and simply eliminate the MISTAKES then we can beat Green Bay in their own house.

AND WE WILL!!!!
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 09-21-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Well, the author of this article, doesn't quite see it that way.

http://kcsportsnation.com/2015/09/a-...football-game/

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Yeah it sucks. Hurts like hell. But it is time the team and us fans just said F.I.D.O.!!! (F*** it, DRIVE ON!!!)

I was down in Florida partying with a bunch of college buddies from the '70s and it took me half an hour before I could even speak. But it's OVER. It was only week 2 and we all need to face facts....if we don't let this get in our heads we could still go 15-1.

The damned donks didn't beat us. We beat ourselves. 5 turnovers and 70 yards in penalties. With stats like that we should have lost by 20+ points. But we didn't. First we beat the donks. Then we went out and beat ourselves.

JC.....He had a damned good game. But he made 2 critical mental ball-handling mistakes. It happens to even the best sometimes. We won't see two errors like that in a single game again in his career. JC was just trying too hard to be the hero. That will bite you in the butt as often as not. Especially against a real good team.

Alex Smith was not impressive, but he had a higher completion percentage (64% vs 57.8%) than Manning. This most certainly was not Alex's best game. Wasn't our cobbled together Offensive line's best game either.

Andy Reid....He made some mistakes. That final offensive play was NOT one of them. Every team is going to take a knee in that situation. It was a decent gamble to see if JC could rip off enough yards on a surprise play to get us close to field goal range. Worst that should have happened was no gain and overtime. I HATE the outcome of that play, but I like the call. Yes....Reid did not do a stellar job of play-calling but that didn't cost us the game. You SIMPLY DON'T win a high profile game against a top-tier team when you turn the ball over 5 times.

Peters...DAMN!!! That kid is GOING TO BE AMAZING!!!

Defense overall...A good game. Nothing "special", but good. Held the donks run game like a stone wall. Held Manning to 254 yards and sacked him 3 times. Pretty damned good. The ugly truth is that we gave the donks too many chances late in the game. You simply can't do that against Manning. It'll bite you in the butt every time. Somebody needs to explain to Sutton and the defense that when you have your boot on the enemy's throat you don't let up, you just kill the little bastid. CRUSH the windpipe and be done with it!

If we play as well against Green Bay as we did against the donks and simply eliminate the MISTAKES then we can beat Green Bay in their own house.

AND WE WILL!!!!
    This game is done and overwith...but I think we're missing the essential truth with what happened to us defensively. Denver was doing horrible trying to run a play-action style offense against us. It's when they switched back to Peyton's no-huddle offense that really drove the coffin nails in. Sutton had NO answer whatsoever. Did he think they were just going to sit back and let Manning be sacked again and again? If Green Bay does the same thing (no huddle, shotgun formation, and continually target Fleming) will the defense have an answer then? If I was in Green Bay's shoes that's exactly what I'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    This game is done and overwith...but I think we're missing the essential truth with what happened to us defensively. Denver was doing horrible trying to run a play-action style offense against us. It's when they switched back to Peyton's no-huddle offense that really drove the coffin nails in. Sutton had NO answer whatsoever. Did he think they were just going to sit back and let Manning be sacked again and again? If Green Bay does the same thing (no huddle, shotgun formation, and continually target Fleming) will the defense have an answer then? If I was in Green Bay's shoes that's exactly what I'd do.
    This was evident by the fact that NO Safety help was given to Fleming, nor did have Gaines switch places with Fleming and left Fleming on the outside on an island, even though he was repeatedly getting torched. No adjustment whatsoever & Manning simply played the game of "where is Fleming?".

And hopefully, Von Miller gets to face a healthy Eric Fisher next time. Miller will find out that Fisher isn't as docile as the other Chiefs players appeared to be last Thursday.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-22-2015 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Well, the author of this article, doesn't quite see it that way.

http://kcsportsnation.com/2015/09/a-...football-game/
    The writer of said article is a nitwit. An absolute DOPE. Clearly his Mommy dropped him on his head FAAAR to many times.

Reid is not perfect. No pro coach is. And there is no doubt that from time to time he has a few games where some of his play-calling defies comprehension. He also inspires players to perform beyond their natural capabilities. Best coach we have had in a long time.

If you wish me to expound further I will, but I suspect you were just yanking my chain. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Sutton choreographs a GREAT defense. But he doesn't seem to adjust well "on the fly" to dramatic changes from the expected offensive scheme. He also seems to have problems protecting a 4th quarter lead against good teams. A flaw we will pretty much have to live with because he is far and away the best DC we've had in a long time.

Hire Bill Cowher as the New Defensive Coordinator haha I'm just playin

Yeah sutton is not good at making adjustments. He needs help and then i think he calls play scared and gets to passive and lets up.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Yeah sutton is not good at making adjustments. He needs help and then i think he calls play scared and gets to passive and lets up.
    Not high praise for a defensive coordinator. If above is true, he shouldn't have the position.

More to come, I think, early to show and tell. I think. Time will always tell the story.