Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Andy Reid a mistake after all?

Default Was Andy Reid a mistake after all?

It looks like we need to rebuild all over again - again. Our offense looks absolutely pathetic. From the OL to the QB to the play calling to the gameplanning. We should be further along in this third year of the new regime. I'm mad.
    SHUT IT

It's also game three. I was figuring next year we contend

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    It's also game three. I was figuring next year we contend
    I always say maybe next year. Man its getting old...

Overall Reid has been good for the Chiefs

But as I said at the start of last week he has to give up the play calling duties he gets stuck in certain plays even though they are clearly not working.

1st down is a VERY important down. A lot of the trouble on offense is that the 1st down playcall more often then not is some type of screen. The Ds LONG AGO figured this out and they get stuffed in the backfield. When you lose yards on 1st down your drive is going to fail more often then not. But yet Reid keeps stubbornly sticking to these plays. Late in the game we moved the ball A LOT those screens were no where to be seen, Reid is a good HC bad playcaller. In 2012 they made Romeo give up the dc spot Clark or someone above Reid need to insist Reid give up the playcalling for the betterment of the team. That's his biggest weakness
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Reid gets A LOT out of his players--even if it didn't look that way tonight. That said I do think it is time he considered letting someone call the actual plays.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Overall Reid has been good for the Chiefs

But as I said at the start of last week he has to give up the play calling duties he gets stuck in certain plays even though they are clearly not working.

1st down is a VERY important down. A lot of the trouble on offense is that the 1st down playcall more often then not is some type of screen. The Ds LONG AGO figured this out and they get stuffed in the backfield. When you lose yards on 1st down your drive is going to fail more often then not. But yet Reid keeps stubbornly sticking to these plays. Late in the game we moved the ball A LOT those screens were no where to be seen, Reid is a good HC bad playcaller. In 2012 they made Romeo give up the dc spot Clark or someone above Reid need to insist Reid give up the playcalling for the betterment of the team. That's his biggest weakness
    I like Andy Reid as a person. I mean, he's a likeable guy and the players like the guy. But man, no halftime adjustments is killer. Reid is stuck on that west coast offense mentality, but we don't have west coast offense type of players. Paying huge dollars to Bowe and Smith and letting Hudson walk doesn't make sense to me. Both the OC and DC should be gone. If Reid can't make the tough decisions that will take this team to the next level, maybe he should be gone, too.

maybe you want crenel and cassel back? What kind of forum questions is this? sorry but I don't agree with you at all

And replace him with who?

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    maybe you want crenel and cassel back? What kind of forum questions is this? sorry but I don't agree with you at all
    I don't expect everybody to agree with me. And no I don't want Haley or Cassel back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I like Andy Reid as a person. I mean, he's a likeable guy and the players like the guy. But man, no halftime adjustments is killer. Reid is stuck on that west coast offense mentality, but we don't have west coast offense type of players. Paying huge dollars to Bowe and Smith and letting Hudson walk doesn't make sense to me. Both the OC and DC should be gone. If Reid can't make the tough decisions that will take this team to the next level, maybe he should be gone, too.
    I don't no if the OC needs to go or not. I would love to see Reid give Peterson a chance at calling the plays to see if that will make a difference. Playcalling is a HUGE weakness for Reid. If he could find a good Play caller then he will be fine. Do we have one now? We won't know until he gets a shot
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast