Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chase Daniel?

Default Chase Daniel?

Ok this has been debated since well as far back as I can remember. It's the QB spot. I see many want to bench Alex and turn the keys over to Daniel and I just don't understand this.

I've been called out for "defending" QBS or "making excuses" for them many times in the past. So maybe this is just a thing I don't understand. But I think it's time people face facts. There are "excuses" and then there are factors that need to be addressed.

Here are the facts

The number 1 WR this team has given QBS got away from Alex. He has had 1 catch for (a preseason catch) 8 yards in a full preseason and 4 full games of a real season. He was inactive with no injury. The number 2s that started along side him Donnie Avery and AJ Jenkins can't even get on a team. NOT EVEN A PRACTICE SQUAD as far as I can see. Let me put this in perspective. 2 teams in the last year have been willing to give up something to bring in MATT CASSEL.And the WR spot has been good enough?

Meanwhile we brought in Maclin and Maclin is doing pretty well. We have a rookie that has some upside but there's a reason he wasn't a 1st rounder. He was going to take some time if he was a Impact guy right away he would have gone in round 1

Our O lines through the years haven't been much better. Outside of Hudson can anyone name me any O linemen who has gone on and did well elsewhere? Albert went to the Dolphins and did what he did in KC got on the injured list. This is good enough?

I don't mean to start yet anther debate about Alex Smith. Nor do I mean to imply that a fair amount of the criticisms on him are not fair. Fact is they are and I've been willing to say them. He does hold on to the ball to long and if the o line doesn't start well he can let that get to him. That being said seeing the amount of times we've changed QBS my question and the point of this thread is Why would benching Alex and going to Chase be any different?

I guess there is the good old you never no until you try and that's true. But is there any other reason that I should think that this would be a move that would make any more of a difference with the current OFFENSIVE line that we have? I just don't see it making much of an impact.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Fisher was drafted over Joekel for his run blocking and I thought then and think now it was a great draft pick and the core of this team is built to run the ball and allow that to open the passing game. Reid outthinks himself thinking teams are coming in to stop the run so lets pass it instead well let them come in thinking that and run it anyway make them stop the run. There should never be a pass play called on first down unless it's play action and only then after the run has been established. Look at JC's numbers on first down run plays. Reid wants to get the pressure off Alex run it straight up the gut make that defensive front slow down and try to stop the run. There is a far better chance JC breaks open for a 80 yard td run than Alex hits a receiver in stride for a td of greater than 40 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    One point I haven't seen made. If Alex keeps taking blind-side shots like he has these last two games, it won't be a matter of IF Chase replaces Alex, it will be a matter of WHEN.
    THIS. This O-line is on pace for a 70 sack season. So yes we'll probably get a chance to evaluate Chase Daniel, Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray, the waterboy, & Reid's son in law all at the QB position.

Alex looks more jittery and nervous than a whore in a confessional, and I don't blame him

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Alex looks more jittery and nervous than a whore in a confessional, and I don't blame him
    I dunno....I thought he looked pretty good against the bungles. 31-45-0 for 348 NET yards after sacks ain't exactly bad. With this crappy O-line Alex is risking his life every time he takes the field. But he had the best game of his career Sunday. AND YES .....HE DID'T GET IT DONE IN THE RED ZONE. ABSOLUTE FACT.

As for whores.....nothing wrong with whores. World's oldest profession. Wouldn't be any if there wasn't a demand. Good old-fashioned CAPITALISM. Supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I dunno....I thought he looked pretty good against the bungles. 31-45-0 for 348 NET yards after sacks ain't exactly bad. With this crappy O-line Alex is risking his life every time he takes the field. But he had the best game of his career Sunday. AND YES .....HE DID'T GET IT DONE IN THE RED ZONE. ABSOLUTE FACT.
    Actually I thought it was 386 according to NFL.com
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201510...9378&tab=recap

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Actually I thought it was 386 according to NFL.com
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201510...9378&tab=recap
    Could be. My source was ESPN. http://espn.go.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400791712 But I *think* that the 348 figure was NET YARDS AFTER SACKS. I believe the 386 figure was gross yards passing BEFORE deducting yards lost to sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skchiefsfan View Post
    Fisher was drafted over Joekel for his run blocking and I thought then and think now it was a great draft pick and the core of this team is built to run the ball and allow that to open the passing game. Reid outthinks himself thinking teams are coming in to stop the run so lets pass it instead well let them come in thinking that and run it anyway make them stop the run. There should never be a pass play called on first down unless it's play action and only then after the run has been established. Look at JC's numbers on first down run plays. Reid wants to get the pressure off Alex run it straight up the gut make that defensive front slow down and try to stop the run. There is a far better chance JC breaks open for a 80 yard td run than Alex hits a receiver in stride for a td of greater than 40 yards.
    My point about Fisher was that he was drafted to play Tackle. He may be better at run blocking, but he is also there to pass block. They don't take him out in passing situations. He was not drafted specifically because he is a better run blocker. He was drafted because he had more upside and less experience against higher talent with the believe that he had a higher ceiling to improve against better competition.

I agree, the Chiefs need to run more. I think Andy gringes as the thought of short runs. His philosophy seems to be a short pass in the open is better than running as there is more space for the ball carrie to make a play and it makes limits who can make the play. He is literally passing to take the defensive line out of the equation to make a play other than rush the passer.

Correct Seek. If Reid would call plays to utilize the talents of his players he has, we wouldn't be sitting at 1-3 right now. If Fisher is a better run blocker than pass blocker, then run the damn ball!

we should be 2-2 right now... but ohwell as long as broncos lose I'll be happy. alot can still happen in 12 weeks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234