Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chase Daniel?

Default Chase Daniel?

Ok this has been debated since well as far back as I can remember. It's the QB spot. I see many want to bench Alex and turn the keys over to Daniel and I just don't understand this.

I've been called out for "defending" QBS or "making excuses" for them many times in the past. So maybe this is just a thing I don't understand. But I think it's time people face facts. There are "excuses" and then there are factors that need to be addressed.

Here are the facts

The number 1 WR this team has given QBS got away from Alex. He has had 1 catch for (a preseason catch) 8 yards in a full preseason and 4 full games of a real season. He was inactive with no injury. The number 2s that started along side him Donnie Avery and AJ Jenkins can't even get on a team. NOT EVEN A PRACTICE SQUAD as far as I can see. Let me put this in perspective. 2 teams in the last year have been willing to give up something to bring in MATT CASSEL.And the WR spot has been good enough?

Meanwhile we brought in Maclin and Maclin is doing pretty well. We have a rookie that has some upside but there's a reason he wasn't a 1st rounder. He was going to take some time if he was a Impact guy right away he would have gone in round 1

Our O lines through the years haven't been much better. Outside of Hudson can anyone name me any O linemen who has gone on and did well elsewhere? Albert went to the Dolphins and did what he did in KC got on the injured list. This is good enough?

I don't mean to start yet anther debate about Alex Smith. Nor do I mean to imply that a fair amount of the criticisms on him are not fair. Fact is they are and I've been willing to say them. He does hold on to the ball to long and if the o line doesn't start well he can let that get to him. That being said seeing the amount of times we've changed QBS my question and the point of this thread is Why would benching Alex and going to Chase be any different?

I guess there is the good old you never no until you try and that's true. But is there any other reason that I should think that this would be a move that would make any more of a difference with the current OFFENSIVE line that we have? I just don't see it making much of an impact.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Kcman View Post
    Its funny to me !! That when a o-line has failed!!!! You guys jump to qb!! Lol when your qb doesnt even have time for wr to complete a route how can u be good must be QB fault!! Wake up!!! See the real problems!!!
    His oline sucks that is no question. But If you actually watch the game in bias you would realize he creates alot of his sacks. Mix that with the fact he has never been good at pushing the ball down the field. It is quite easy for any defense to stack the box and blitz on a consistent basis. There is no fear of a deep ball a bad o line and a qb that panics under pressure a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    either way I have seen enough from Alex to know he won't get us to a super bowl. I hope I am wrong but I highly doubt it
    And this O line will?

See that's the point

Time and time again they have plugged in this QB or that QB and remained status quo everywhere else. The results have remained constant. That's the point I'm trying to make. Why would this time be any different. Do you think that Chase would ever be a top QB? If so what do you base this on
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

His oline sucks that is no question. But If you actually watch the game in bias you would realize he creates alot of his sacks. Mix that with the fact he has never been good at pushing the ball down the field. It is quite easy for any defense to stack the box and blitz on a consistent basis. There is no fear of a deep ball a bad o line and a qb that panics under pressure a recipe for disaster.
    No way can you or I put the all the blame at Alex, how is any QB supposed to throw the ball when your damn oline or blockers wiff. IT CANT BE DONE BY ANY QB. I have never seen an Offensive Line so Fundementaly flawed. I personally think we need to go back to the basics, maybe its just the placement of their feet or how their hands are placed I don't know but something is afoul with this line

no QB would be successful with this o line and no team would be successful with this nickel D

One point I haven't seen made. If Alex keeps taking blind-side shots like he has these last two games, it won't be a matter of IF Chase replaces Alex, it will be a matter of WHEN.

someone give Stephenson some roids, not the same player without them

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Ok this has been debated since...................
    Had to go and poke the hoornets nest eh? :) HEH HEH HEH Actually....it needed to be poked.

Meanwhile we brought in Maclin and Maclin is doing pretty well.
    Better than most people realize. I'll address that below.

We have a rookie that has some upside but there's a reason he wasn't a 1st rounder. He was going to take some time
    Correct again.

Our O lines through the years haven't been much better. Outside of Hudson can anyone name me any O linemen who has gone on and did well elsewhere? Albert went to the Dolphins and did what he did in KC got on the injured list. This is good enough?
    Well said. Let's be honest. Alex has his limitations. Just the truth. But if anyone wants to say that the O-line isn't making Alex's limitations worse then they need to put the crack pipe down.

I don't mean to start yet anther debate about Alex Smith. Nor do I mean to imply that a fair amount of the criticisms on him are not fair. Fact is they are and I've been willing to say them. He does hold on to the ball to long and if the o line doesn't start well he can let that get to him. That being said seeing the amount of times we've changed QBS my question and the point of this thread is Why would benching Alex and going to Chase be any different?
    Switching to Daniel now would be the very height of stupidity. With this O-line and play-calling Daniel won't do as well as Alex. Daniel = Orton.

I guess there is the good old you never no until you try and that's true.
    Not really. If we bench Alex now then he is all done. For better or worse we have to play him until the end of the season or until he get's hurt. If we switch to Daniel mid-season without an injury THERE IS NO GOING BACK.

Look smith is broken. Look into the 49ers sack stats when there backups played they dropped. Put that with the fact smith has never had a 1000 yard wr. Look at the garbage record he set with us no td to a wr. HE HOLDS ONTO THE BALL WAY TO DAMN LONG mix that with a weak o line AND OUR SEASON IS OVER
    Some of your criticisms are legitimate. Alex DOES hold on to the ball too long. But we've known that for quite a while now. Let's not kid ourselves. WE DON'T HAVE A TOP 5 QB. So we need to build the talent that will help cover for that problem. THAT MEANS AN O-LINE. AND WE AIN'T GOT ONE. I will point out however that Alex just had his best passing day EVER. 31 for 45. 69% completion rate. ZERO INTERCEPTIONS. 348 yards. And it didn't all come in garbage time.

You say Alex has never had a 1,000 yard WR. TRUE. But what you ignore is that Alex has had his 2 BEST SEASONS OF HIS CAREER SINCE HE CAME TO KC. AND HE DID THAT WITH BOWE AS HIS #1 RECEIVER. THAT SAME BOWE IS NOW RIDING THE PINE FOR FRIGGING CLEVELAND!!!!

Alex has had the 2 best years of his career despite having a #1 WR who can't even get playing time for the FRIGGING BROWNS!!!!!!! So far this year Bowe is 0-0-0. Does that tell you anything about why Alex has looked bad? What is shocking about Alex is that with a shi**y O-line and a crappy #1 WR he did BETTER in 2013 and 2014 than he ever did in San Fran.

Meanwhile Maclin has 28 receptions in 4 games for 398 yards. He is on track to have 112 receptions for 1,592 yards. If Maclin doesn't get AT LEAST 1,000 yards it won't be Alex's or Maclin's fault. Alex and Maclin got those yards against 4 teams that 3 of whom are 4-0 and their combined record is 13-3. If Maclin doesn't get at least 1,000 yards the fault will lie 99% on the O-line. It's not a Reid problem. Alex and Maclin are having career years despite an O-line that couldn't block a lobotomized toad.

Does our offense have problems? HELL YES! NO DAMNED DOUBT! But the problem is the O-line. Yes...we need another good WR. Hopefully Conley will pan out. But that will take a while. He's a 3rd round pick who has had "issues".

If we fix the O-line and the D starts playing like they did last year then we have a damned good team.

And an extra WR to make things tougher for enemy defenses next year wouldn't hurt either.

Alex wasn't brought here to throw for 400 yards a game , Fisher wasn't drafted to pass block. This team is built to pound the ball and until Ried gets back to that and allow the pass game to develope off that this team won't make it past the first round of the playoffs again. Blame the QB, blame the O line, blame the WR, blame the defense and special teams if you like, but till Reid gets back to what this team was designed for prepare for a postseason let down. Sure we have faced some great teams and the next few weeks we will look like the best team in the league facing some poor teams but there will be great teams in the playoffs and unless we can learn to beat great teams that trophy won't be coming home this year. Go Chiefs and Andy please pound the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I believe that's why they have kept Bray that kid has superstar potential
    Really, Super Star?

Quote Originally Posted by Skchiefsfan View Post
    Fisher wasn't drafted to pass block.
    Yes he was..

But Andy will never ever pound the ball. His first, second, third and fourth thought is to throw. Every once in a while, someone reminds him that he needs to run.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast