Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling it now RIP 2015 Kansas City Chiefs

Unhappy Calling it now RIP 2015 Kansas City Chiefs

Pretty clear that this team isn't going anywhere

Once again such high hopes for the team going into the season only to be let down. Just sitting here asking myself why I even bother to get any hope at all for any Chiefs season anymore. It seems that the higher that we have hopes the worse the season is. Being a Chiefs fan is just depressing.

There is still some value in this season. The young guys on this team can still get a year under there belts and learn as players. I know that it won't happen but if I were in charge I would make the change to Murray as QB. He won't lead us to many wins most likely but then at least by the end of the season they will be able to see if there is anything to be hopeful of in real games. He will have some starts under his belt and who knows he might just might surprise in a good way.

This season should go into build the young guys mode. It's pretty clear that this isn't going to be a playoff year. As always Maybe next year

Just depressing
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I still have hopes that Bray can turn into a truly elite homegrown QB But unless I am mistaken he is out for the year on IR. Daniel...well I have my doubts he would be any better than Smith. Murray....I don't see how it would hurt to give him some playing time.

We've got to come up with a running game now that Charles is down for the season. If Knile Davis is healthy I think he is the best possible replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I still have hopes that Bray can turn into a truly elite homegrown QB But unless I am mistaken he is out for the year on IR. Daniel...well I have my doubts he would be any better than Smith. Murray....I don't see how it would hurt to give him some playing time.

We've got to come up with a running game now that Charles is down for the season. If Knile Davis is healthy I think he is the best possible replacement.
    Agreed. They fed Davis the rock 32 times in last years game down in Miami & it didn't hurt them a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Speaking of Stephenson it's amazing how this guy was praised in the preseason (why i still don't know)

Kind of reminds me of Albert to a point. Praised for doing very little.

He was the one that get ran over on the blocked field goal allowing for the block. A wet paper sack wouldn't have folded as easy as he did there
    Stephenson has been up and down ever since he came back from PED suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    As for Daniel or Murray, if they get a chance to play and prove that they can throw football better than Alex has this year, then I'm OK with either of those guys. And we can't get around the reality that Alex is struggling with throwing the football, as there were multiple times yesterday that he misfired horribly on passes that should have been easy for him, but instead he looked like he couldn't hit anything with a hand full of buckshot. And the O-Line did a fair job of protecting him overall, yesterday.
    Man o man how the times have changed you was Alex's biggest defender this year. But you are completely right yesterday was a piss poor performance from alex. He is broken reminds me of when Houston drafted Carr but put him behind a pathetic o line.i had high hopes for smith after week 1 I was more then willing to eat crow unfortunately that was a fluke. Even at utah if you put pressure on smith he panicked bad. But urban Meyer hid this from the rest of the nation with his play calling

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Man o man how the times have changed you was Alex's biggest defender this year. But you are completely right yesterday was a piss poor performance from alex. He is broken reminds me of when Houston drafted Carr but put him behind a pathetic o line.i had high hopes for smith after week 1 I was more then willing to eat crow unfortunately that was a fluke. Even at utah if you put pressure on smith he panicked bad. But urban Meyer hid this from the rest of the nation with his play calling
    Until this season, Smith hadn't appeared to be broken. He clearly is now. That wasn't the case in 2013 and 2014. Smith isn't alone in that regard. This whole team became broken with that week 2 loss to Denver and can't even hold their own d!cks in their hands now.

Until this season, Smith hadn't appeared to be broken. He clearly is now. That wasn't the case in 2013 and 2014. Smith isn't alone in that regard. This whole team became broken with that week 2 loss to Denver and can't even hold their own d!cks in their hands now.
    Yup that loss crushed them a damn shame. I would have rather it happened against any other team in the league I can not stand the donkeys. I hope von gets popped for roids again

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    That's a pretty good comparison

The sad thing is the O line didn't have a terrible game yesterday. I thought they were OK not good not bad but just ok. Alex himself was clearly off. I remember a throw to a WIDE open Charles the Alex threw a ball like he was a 7 footer. WAY HIGH. He missed someone else that was WIDE OPEN (DAT I think)
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That's a pretty good comparison

The sad thing is the O line didn't have a terrible game yesterday. I thought they were OK not good not bad but just ok. Alex himself was clearly off. I remember a throw to a WIDE open Charles the Alex threw a ball like he was a 7 footer. WAY HIGH. He missed someone else that was WIDE OPEN (DAT I think)
    I have to put the blame mostly on Smith for those sacks happening yesterday. On one of them, DAT was was standing all alone, within just a short flip of the ball away from Smith, but Smith just ducked his head and took the sack when he didn't have to. I also saw five passes that had me saying "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?". I have no doubt that Daniel or Murray would have made good on at least 4 of those 5 passes, if not all of them.

It's not a case here of being pro or con Alex Smith. It's a case of the visual evidence revealing that Smith is broken at the moment and is not throwing the ball well at all, and nobody can get around that.

This next game, if Alex still appears to be broken, then they have to pull him in favor of Daniel. They can't leave Smith in there in a broken state, as that is not going to resolve anything & just make matters worse. Think for a moment, if you have a QB whose throwing arm is broken and in a sling, then you don't keep him on the field.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-12-2015 at 10:50 PM.

i always put a sack on the QB and Oline. My father in law said to me if Smith was a good QB Fran wouldn't have traded him

I have to put the blame mostly on Smith for those sacks happening yesterday. On one of them, DAT was was standing all alone, within just a short flip of the ball away from Smith, but Smith just ducked his head and took the sack when he didn't have to. I also saw five passes that had me saying "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?". I have no doubt that Daniel or Murray would have made good on at least 4 of those 5 passes, if not all of them.

It's not a case here of being pro or con Alex Smith. It's a case of the visual evidence revealing that Smith is broken at the moment and is not throwing the ball well at all, and nobody can get around that.

This next game, if Alex still appears to be broken, then they have to pull him in favor of Daniel. They can't leave Smith in there in a broken state, as that is not going to resolve anything & just make matters worse. Think for a moment, if you have a QB whose throwing arm is broken and in a sling, then you don't keep him on the field.
    There was one that 2 guys came untouched

But outside of that I agree with yesterdays game.

The rest of the season the O line performance could very well be pointed to as being unacceptable. Yesterday I didn't think that was the case. They might not have been "great" but they were ok
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast