Thread: Chiefs long Day Ahead

Default Chiefs long Day Ahead

The Kansas City Chiefs are going to have a loooong day. They are practicing for the second time this week and then at 7 p.m. (Arrowhead Time) this evening they're leaving for a nine-hour flight. Andy Reid said that he has played internationally before and that when you land you want to get out and get moving so he planned it so that the Chiefs could (try to) sleep on the plane overnight.
    Here are some numbers on the plane they'll be flying, according to the pilot who is flying the plane here to KC.
    I envy the people who can sleep on planes. I usually get close to dozing off and then we hit turbulence or my head slips off the headrest or Mrs. Arrowhead Pride starts bugging me. I can't really sleep on planes.
    It sounds like some Chiefs players are the same way. Good luck on the flight!

we need this win to get back on track.

I don't get this. Why didn't they fly out last Sunday and use the week to get used to the time change. They have a bye week afterwards to get adjust back. It is a home game so they should have a facility to practice at?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't get this. Why didn't they fly out last Sunday and use the week to get used to the time change. They have a bye week afterwards to get adjust back. It is a home game so they should have a facility to practice at?
    Good point. Why didn't they get over there on Monday at the latest and start preparation? I'm not sure of any logic regarding last minute arrival, unless it is a league ruling of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Good point. Why didn't they get over there on Monday at the latest and start preparation? I'm not sure of any logic regarding last minute arrival, unless it is a league ruling of some sort.
    You are both right. Taking the flight as quickly as possible after the Steelers game would have been a better move.

Reid said they didn't sleep on the plane like he expected, said they were gonna crash tonight

Flying to Europe from the USA is hard. The jet lag is worse than going to the USA.

well it worked. apparently the Lions were there all week. Or maybe the Lions are just that bad.