Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brady and Manning have done it on the same day. Weird.

Default Brady and Manning have done it on the same day. Weird.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have both become the first QB's in NFL history to beat all 31 other teams in the league.

Next weeks game between the two should be interested.

I am gonna pick the Pats.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I have looked for a true definition of homer, I didn't find a good one although there is a site that has a variety of definitions at
    http://getupandgosports.com/news/ind...=7&func=fb_pdf

One such definition is
    Posted by Keenum - 2007/10/21 20:41

Stuff like that. Or some Eagles homers "when healthy, given enough time, and has good WRs, McNabb is the best QB ever." Well duh, any NFL QB with good time, healthy, and talent around him can look great
    There is a huge difference between being a "homer" and a "passionate fan." Homers always think their team is the best, and can not carry on a good sports conversatoin. A passionate fan is one who knows when their team is bad (like me, I know the Rams are HORRIBLE this year, but I still support them all the way) and supports them all the way. I don't have a proble with people being a homer in their private sports life, but when somebody was to seriously discuss sports with me, leave that homer crap at the door.

There are other good definitions on this page, I feel there are some definite homers on this board, If you refuse to look at stats and refuse to admit when a part of the team or a person on a team is not performing then that could be considered a homer. This may be unpopular, (like I care) but refusing to see that Huard is sucking eggs so far this year because the Chiefs are 4-3 is a great definition of a homer. I love the Chiefs and want to see them win every game, but I am a realist and know they aren't going to win every game, even if they started the year over again, unless I guess if we played 16 against the Dolphins lol. Actually though if we played 16 against the Dolphins they should be able to find a way to win at least a couple against us.

The only teams that can be considered not homers for thinking they have the best team in football right now would be the Colts and the Pats. And one of them will lose next week, I don't like the Pats, but I feel that they will prolly win next week even, just too many weapons and they have the dominant offense (1st overall) and a great D 3rd overall. I am not a homer, I dont like the pats and if they played the Chiefs next week I would put a ton of Arrowcash on the Chiefs but wouldn't put a real dollar on the Chiefs as I feel that the Chiefs dont have what it takes to beat the Pats right now. Although in that the Chiefs are in great company.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Throughout their careers they have played against and beaten every other team in the NFL besides their own, respectively.

Never been done before and then two QB's do it on the same day.

Spooky if you ask me...

(Chiefster could ya do the bwahaha thing? I'm not sure if I am allowed to do that for ya.)

No quarterback had ever beaten 31 different teams. There have been those who had beaten every other team, but not since there have been 32 teams in the league.

I'm not being sarcastic, this is the very first site I have ever been a member of (sports wise) and am not 100% of the meaning of homer. Also I am too lazy to go and research it.

Is a Homer a person who roots for his team even when they know they suck? Or is it just a fan who really believes their team is great and can't see what is really wrong with it?

If I think that a certain team can beat the Chiefs on a particular Sunday (say we have obvious injuries, etc...) does that make me not a homer?

I really don't understand the term that well and I have been throwing it around a lot lately.

A little help?
    A homer is basically someone who believes that his teams players are better than all others. Even when they aren't. Like believing that DT was the best linebacker of all time. Sure he was one of the best, just not the best. Like thinking that LJ is the best runningback in the game (not many of those right now, but before the season started, wow.)

Anyone who is not a Colts/Patriots fan who insists that their team is as good as either of those teams. (Mild exception for Chargers/Cowboys fans, eventhough they both got whipped by the Pats.)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    No quarterback had ever beaten 31 different teams. There have been those who had beaten every other team, but not since there have been 32 teams in the league.

A homer is basically someone who believes that his teams players are better than all others. Even when they aren't. Like believing that DT was the best linebacker of all time. Sure he was one of the best, just not the best. Like thinking that LJ is the best runningback in the game (not many of those right now, but before the season started, wow.)

Anyone who is not a Colts/Patriots fan who insists that their team is as good as either of those teams. (Mild exception for Chargers/Cowboys fans, eventhough they both got whipped by the Pats.)
    A running back is only as good as his left tackle.

The rest of the post was interesting though.

So is is different if you live in another city?

This "Homer" thing is interesting to me.

People get kicked out of bars for being belligerent to the Chiefs during a game here.

Hmmmm...

Is it really that bad in another city?

We get enough grief from that we don't need anymore.

I hate that guy.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Bars near local NFL teams tend to be homer-bars. And yes, wherever you go, if there is a local NFL team, then you can find their homer-bars. I live in central Illinois, a good three and a half hours from Chicago, but the area is filled with Bears homers. (That is one highly depressed bunch of people there.)

The rest of the post was interesting though.

So is is different if you live in another city?

This "Homer" thing is interesting to me.

People get kicked out of bars for being belligerent to the Chiefs during a game here.

Hmmmm...

Is it really that bad in another city?

We get enough grief from that we don't need anymore.

I hate that guy.

Bars near local NFL teams tend to be homer-bars. And yes, wherever you go, if there is a local NFL team, then you can find their homer-bars. I live in central Illinois, a good three and a half hours from Chicago, but the area is filled with Bears homers. (That is one highly depressed bunch of people there.)
    I'm sure you wished you lived next to the Chiefs!

Unfortunately so does ... ugh...

So we do this...

too bad Favre can't join the elite company next weekend. Chiefs are the only team he has never beaten!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    too bad Favre can't join the elite company next weekend. Chiefs are the only team he has never beaten!!
    And never will!

Barry Sanders??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

HH...I could name a 1/2 dozen very good runningbacks who had mediocre or poor Left Tackle...a QB depends on his Tackles very much, however a RB can head to the right if the left side of the line isn't the strength...

During most of Walter Payton's career he had a patchwork O-line, the strength of Jim Brown's line was on the right side, Barry Sanders also comes to mind. Other good running backs that come to mind but aren't at the level of these other three Ronnie Brown and his performance before injury this year, Willis McGahee has done well despite Ogden being out most of the year.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Ouch....I guess I am Homer but I will argue that point with anyone!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast