Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post-game observations on the London game:

Default Post-game observations on the London game:

This one is gonna be short. For obvious reasons.

1- Remember Cecil the lion? I am soooo against lion hunting I get sick every time I read about them. But, psst, I'm celebrating today's hunting of lions. ;)

2- The first two plays looked like an ominous bad day for the Chiefs was shaping up. Looks were deceiving. Thanks D. Great game today. The lions were hopeless against our blitzes all game. Great effort by team veterans. Thanks LJ, Tamba, Sean Smith, and even Houston whom I was pretty tough on last week. Now I'm not saying he is the old JH. But he was halfway between him and last week's JH, which was more than adequate for this game. One more note on D: When Sean Smith WANTS to play he is Aquib Talib. He shut down Megatron today. The only big catch against him was when the game had already been in our pocket, when Smith slipped and fell down.

3- A bit of nitpicking here: On the Lions first drive, 3rd and 3 on the Chiefs 30 and threatening, Stafford "completed" a first down pass to Eric Ebron. The only shot of the completion they ever showed looked convincingly like Ebron trapped it with the turf. Why wasn't a red flag or an official review on that play?

4- "Dante Poe?!!!!!".... screw you Sam Rosen. Do your homework for the game.

5- What is this new phenomenon with us beginning halfs with TD drives!? Something is not right with that picture. We are the Chiefs. We have a reputation to protect. ;)

6- For once Andy did not get conservative in the red zone. Hence, #5. I have been screaming about using Alex's run ability on goal situations. Today it happened by accident, but we need to put that in as a designed angle to our red zone offense.

7- Alex easily had his best game of the season. Maybe he is starting to trust the O-line now. His first down runs, his TD run, his 49 yard run, and his gorgeous TD pass to Maclin were things of beauty.

8- speaking of the O-Line, I focused on Fisher the entire first half. I quit doing that in the 2nd because I am now convinced he is firmly on the right track. Perfect he wasn't, but a great game he did have. He still needs to improve his strength in the offseason. He gets pushed back on pass blocking a bit too easily for my taste. But I'm now convinced he is our current and future LT.

Meanwhile Stephenson sat on the bench while we needed a RT today. Jah Reid played that position over him and it looked like he was holding his own.

LDT, to me, was the weakest link on the O-line today. He may have an upside, but it's not showing yet.

BTW, I can almost see the coaches insistence to turn the college T Jeff Allen to guard. When the camera was showing the O-line (from behind) getting set, I could tell clearly that Allen is built like a guard and not a tackle.

9- My only two regrets about this game were the fact that Conley did not see many snaps, and that Aaron Murray was inactive. Instead of Chase late in the game I wish we could give Murray some snaps.

10- If the O-line and the rest of the team play like this the rest of the season, I think with the emergence of Charcandrick West, we need to start featuring Knile for trade bait.

OK, it was supposed to be shorter than this. My bad.

11- Great to see the Chiefs FINALLY showing a killer instinct. Part of our victory today has to be credited to the Lions being worse than I thought. But when the Chiefs get to a hapless team they usually and frustratingly play the way the game is still in question late in the 4th. This time, they put their feet down on the lions neck and never took it off. Keep it up boys.

LOL, I found out the secret to #7:

http://www.latimes.com/business/real...030-story.html

On the Lion's first drive they had the long run, one of our D-line got blown up/pancaked. I think it might have been Howard. It's going to be one of those plays that's going to be played and played and played again during team meetings when they watch game film as a joke. Amazing what a win can do

7. Smith is starting to use his legs again to make plays, which is good, because moving the sticks and keeping possession of the ball is paramount & it drives opposing Defenses NUTS. It also helps with 3rd down efficiency.

Also, look what's happened the last 2 weeks with a better balance between running & passing. Forget the BS about "it's a pass-first league" -- it doesn't apply to the Chiefs. Just look what's happened with the pass-happy BS that occurred during the 5-game losing streak with the ball being thrown around 40 times -- IT DIDN'T WORK !! Vince Lombardi once said "football is first and foremost a running game -- that will never change". Trent Green said last week the Chiefs needed better balance & he should know about that, as during the Vermeil years the Chiefs always featured a strong rushing attack and they were not a pass-first team. To add to that, the Chiefs Defense is starting to come on & they have cut down enemy scoring and helping to eliminate the need to be pass-happy.

8. Fisher is performing better at LT in his 3rd season in the NFL, than Branden Albert did in his 3rd NFL season in 2010 (9 sacks given up in his last 5 starts that year and countless hits on the QB throughout the year) & therefore Fisher is worthy of getting the same chance and time period to develop at LT that Albert got. CASE CLOSED !!

Jah Reid and Jeff Allen probably should be resigned, but it's curtain call for Stephenson once the season is over. He failed to lock down the RT job TWICE and he got a 3rd chance to be the LT and failed. That's 3 strikes and Stephenson is OUT!!

Morse is making progress at Center.

As for LDT, he'll need to show progress over the remainder of the season, or else the Chiefs will be drafting a Guard in the 2016 draft with one of their top two selections.

OVERALL:
    Granted the Lions were 1-6 coming in, but they hadn't gotten WAXED like they did today. Nobody was anticipating or predicting a 45-10 Chiefs romp.

Its changing to a passing league like it should be. Tardif has played well it may take him until next year to get everything. But agreed we should draft Vadal Alexander from LSU and Tackle Conklin in the 2nd or 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Its changing to a passing league like it should be.
    Says who??? All the fantasy-footballers? Sorry, but it isn't working that way for this current Chiefs team. Just look at Alex's passing numbers today in contrast to the number of points that went up on the scoreboard.

But agreed we should draft Vadal Alexander from LSU and Tackle Conklin in the 2nd or 3rd
    They may need another CB with one of those top two draft picks, as we don't know what's going to happen with Sean Smith after this season. However if Conklin were available to the Chiefs in round 3, then he's be a nice value pick, but I don't believe he will slide that far.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    8. Fisher is performing better at LT in his 3rd season in the NFL, than Branden Albert did in his 3rd NFL season in 2010 (9 sacks given up in his last 5 starts that year and countless hits on the QB throughout the year) & therefore Fisher is worthy of getting the same chance and time period to develop at LT that Albert got. CASE CLOSED !!
    IMO, Fisher is a better LT than Albert RIGHT NOW. Period.

Its changing to a passing league like it should be. Tardif has played well it may take him until next year to get everything. But agreed we should draft Vadal Alexander from LSU and Tackle Conklin in the 2nd or 3rd
    Getting those two in rounds 2 and 3 is an ambitious goal.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast