Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to roll the dice?

Default Time to roll the dice?

The Jets lost 2 QBs today and they are hitting the phones to trade for a QB. I know it's risky for this season, but Chase Daniel's value will never be better than now. Would you do the trade if the Jets were desperate enough to offer, say, a 2nd rounder?

How about a starting guard?

This would require preparing Murray quickly to become Alex's back up, for better or worse.

Thoughts?

^^It could happen, but where is the Chiefs #3 QB going to come from, is the next question. Bray is on IR.

Don't think Chase would bring a 2nd rounder. 5th at best IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Im soo proud off offenses sense steph and Grubbs out very good job!!! But on the question at hand i wouldn't trade chase at all if Alex goes down we can still win big with chase !!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ^^It could happen, but where is the Chiefs #3 QB going to come from, is the next question. Bray is on IR.
    We only had 2 QBs active today. So we will go into most remaining games with two anyway. We can sign an insurance QB like Ponder who is still unsigned.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Don't think Chase would bring a 2nd rounder. 5th at best IMO
    chase can start for the Jets the rest of this year. They do not have a starter. They wouldn't want just anyone off the street. They could be desperate enough to part with their 2.

Or do they have a guard who can come in and start for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    The Jets lost 2 QBs today and they are hitting the phones to trade for a QB. I know it's risky for this season, but Chase Daniel's value will never be better than now. Would you do the trade if the Jets were desperate enough to offer, say, a 2nd rounder?

How about a starting guard?

This would require preparing Murray quickly to become Alex's back up, for better or worse.

Thoughts?
    As you say, trading Daniel now would be a gamble. But being realistic I don't think it is that big a gamble. If we lose 2 more games we are pretty much out of contention for a Wild Card and while we could go on to win 8 of our remaining 9 games I think it's a longshot. So weighing all the options I think trading Daniel would be worthwhile IF we got good value for him...a starting guard or a 2cond or 3rd round pick. That said, the Jets are 4-3 and looking at their schedule I doubt they are going to win 6 of their remaining 9 games so they are probably out of the playoffs so I doubt they would gave enough in trade for Daniel. If they were sitting at say 5-2 I think they would give most anything to get a QB good enough to keep them winning.

The Jets would probably trade for RG3 before the do for Chase anyway. But I hear they are calling teams. In case they have called the Chiefs I really think Dorsey should listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    The Jets would probably trade for RG3 before the do for Chase anyway. But I hear they are calling teams. In case they have called the Chiefs I really think Dorsey should listen.
    Completely agree! It costs nothing to listen to an offer and while it is risky I would have nothing against Dorsey pulling the trigger if the offer was right.

Adam schefter is throwing around a scenerio where we trade Daniel for rg3 straight across.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast