Thread: Webnews: Peyton Manning won’t use injuries as an excuse

Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 48

Post Webnews: Peyton Manning won’t use injuries as an excuse

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    The Broncos lost badly at home on Sunday to the Chiefs, in a game that included the benching of quarterback Peyton Manning. After the game, coach Gary Kubiak said Peyton will still play if healthy. Peyton was reluctant to blame the performance on not being healthy. “I have a really hard time using that as…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 5

0 Not allowed!
    ALL THEY DO IS USE INJURIES AS EXCUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make up some vagina foot thing????

Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 224

2 Not allowed!
    I speak Manning. Let me translate for you.

“I have a really hard time using that as any type of excuse,” (I don't want admit it) Manning told reporters after the game. “I had some injuries during the week. (I was too hurt to play) [Athletic Trainer Steve Antonopulos] and the training staff worked overtime to get me to feeling like I thought like I could go out there and play. (They did the best they could but it wasn't enough) Obviously, you have to give a lot of feedback yourself, (They didn't know how hurt I really was) and I felt good enough to go out there and play. (I lied to them because I wanted to set the passing record at home.) If you look back on it now, I have a hard time saying that’s why I played badly. Could that be the reason? I guess it always could be. (I'd rather blame my injuries than blame my age, weak arm, and poor decision making, but football players can't say that out loud.) But to me, that’s an easy way out. (I'll take it) That’s kind of an easy line to say after the fact. So I was very honest with [Antonopulos] and coach Kubiak that I felt like I could go. (I lied. How are they gonna know?) I wanted to go, I wanted to be out there for the team. I did feel like we had some guys down, with [Aqib] Talib down and DeMarcus [Ware] down, and weren’t really sure Emmanuel [Sanders] was going to be able to play. (I knew we were in trouble after the way the Chiefs manhandled us in the first meeting.) So I wanted to be out there. (because a healthy Brock still sucks compared to a crippled ME.) I was as honest with them with the feedback as I could give them, (I lied for selfish reasons.) and certainly did not play well and am disappointed about that.” (I hurt the team because I'm selfish and have a huge ego.)
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 839
    Given: 1,617

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    LMAO spot on, excellent use of observational french, subbed with Manninginese.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,379
    Given: 1,517

0 Not allowed!
    The Donkeys don't have any excuses for getting their asses kicked by KC, any more than the Chiefs had any excuses for losing to the Donkeys in week 2 --- cut and dried.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-19-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 919
    Given: 2,585

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

“I have a really hard time using that as any type of excuse,” (I don't want admit it) Manning told reporters after the game. “I had some injuries during the week. (I was too hurt to play) [Athletic Trainer Steve Antonopulos] and the training staff worked overtime to get me to feeling like I thought like I could go out there and play. (They did the best they could but it wasn't enough) Obviously, you have to give a lot of feedback yourself, (They didn't know how hurt I really was) and I felt good enough to go out there and play. (I lied to them because I wanted to set the passing record at home.) If you look back on it now, I have a hard time saying that’s why I played badly. Could that be the reason? I guess it always could be. (I'd rather blame my injuries than blame my age, weak arm, and poor decision making, but football players can't say that out loud.) But to me, that’s an easy way out. (I'll take it) That’s kind of an easy line to say after the fact. So I was very honest with [Antonopulos] and coach Kubiak that I felt like I could go. (I lied. How are they gonna know?) I wanted to go, I wanted to be out there for the team. I did feel like we had some guys down, with [Aqib] Talib down and DeMarcus [Ware] down, and weren’t really sure Emmanuel [Sanders] was going to be able to play. (I knew we were in trouble after the way the Chiefs manhandled us in the first meeting.) So I wanted to be out there. (because a healthy Brock still sucks compared to a crippled ME.) I was as honest with them with the feedback as I could give them, (I lied for selfish reasons.) and certainly did not play well and am disappointed about that.” (I hurt the team because I'm selfish and have a huge ego.)
    EXCELLENT POST Roy!!!! You know more about Manning than he knows about himself! Are you a "shrink"? Because if you are you are probably the best one in the entire country.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 11-20-2015 at 04:29 AM.