Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knile Davis?

Default Knile Davis?

Does anyone know what's going on with Knile Davis? Don't get me wrong, C West is doing a great job filling in for JC, but I was surprised that Knile wasn't used more the last couple of games. Was he even on the sidelines?

^^West is clearly the better fit in this Offense than Davis, and he's great in helping out in pass protection & is willing to go head-to-head with any defender even if he does get knocked down on his can. And 3 games in a row, West has delivered the big play in the 4th QTR.

I believe you are correct, ctc, that Davis will be on the trade block. Probably for a late draft pick or maybe a player that can help at another position.

Kudos to Dorsey for finding West and keeping him around to let him develop into a bonafide replacement for JC. I wonder what is going to happen with JC after this season, also.

Its almost like the offence is better without Charles, my father in law heard they were taking fealers to see what they could get for Charles

I would hate to see JC get traded. West has been good. VERY GOOD. But he hasn't exactly faced the best run defenses in the NFL either. And the rest of the season he won't exactly be proving himself against top notch defenses either.

Trade JC???? No. Not unless some moron wants to offer a 1st round pick. That would be an offer Dorsey would HAVE TO LISTEN TO.

A 1st or two 2nds would wet my appetite for a trade

The Chiefs face a tough decision. I hope he comes back as strong as ever, but what if, after all the injuries, Charles just isn't that good anymore? Do you keep him as a backup to West and see what you can get for Knile? Davis as pretty good and I'm sure he can help out another team if he fits their system better.

Do you keep Knile as insurance just in case Jamaal isn't what he used to be? Do you test the waters and see which player you can get more for, or do you cut them both lose and look for another stud RB in the draft?

I don't think JC has any value to another team until he heals up and they are able to see what he can still do. And we won't find out what he can do until after the draft. I think, for now, the Chiefs are stuck. Fortunately, West is a very good running back to be "stuck" with.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

What about Charles and West splitting time next year, think about finding a new RB down the road

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I believe you are correct, ctc, that Davis will be on the trade block. Probably for a late draft pick or maybe a player that can help at another position.
    Knile Davis' Speed/size combination could be attractive to some team. But he will never earn the Chiefs what he is worth in draft picks. For that he needs to be featured in some games.

more from Spencer Ware lik what we saw today will seat Davis fate

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    more from Spencer Ware lik what we saw today will seal Davis fate
    I think you got that 100% right. KD will be traded or released.

Davis is a butthead... at Cardinals game players were signing my sons chiefs flag and when he signed it he turned it over and signed the back (as in back up) what BS..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12