Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knile Davis?

Default Knile Davis?

Does anyone know what's going on with Knile Davis? Don't get me wrong, C West is doing a great job filling in for JC, but I was surprised that Knile wasn't used more the last couple of games. Was he even on the sidelines?

Radio guys are have been saying since the beginning of season that he won't be back next year. He was a healthy scratch last game and Spencer Ware was active instead.

I just dont' think he fits Andy's mold of a running back. I have seen him drop many easy passes and is not a very good blocker.

Reid said last weekend he believes in Knile Davis, he was removed from the game so it would help special teams

Grubbs ruled out to I forgot to mention this

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Reid said last weekend he believes in Knile Davis, he was removed from the game so it would help special teams
    So he's been on ST? Do you happen to have a link to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    So he's been on ST? Do you happen to have a link to this?
    I think maybe he was scratched because he doesn't play on special teams so they could add depth to ST. I can't remember who they activated in his place, though.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Reid Believes in all his players. He is a players coach.

How does removing your kick returner help special teams?

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I think maybe he was scratched because he doesn't play on special teams so they could add depth to ST. I can't remember who they activated in his place, though.
    Spencer Ware! Davis does play on Special Teams. He is the Kick Returner! Granted almost every kick is a touchback now.

Chiefs' Knile Davis keeping positive despite healthy scratch last week

By Joel Thorman @JoelThorman on Nov 19, 2015, 7:57a 30

TWEET (2) SHARE

Knile Davis was a surprise healthy scratch last week against theDenver Broncos. The Kansas City Chiefs decided that Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware could handle the running back duties whileDe'Anthony Thomas could handle the return duties, which left no room for Davis.
    He was a 2013 third round pick who many feel has some talent so being inactive had to be incredibly disappointing. So far, he seems to be handling it as a pro.
    "Man, I've been good, I've just been staying ready, man," the KC Star quoted Davis as saying. "And whenever my opportunity comes, I'm going to be ready to take advantage of it. Just right now, I'm keeping my head up, keeping a good attitude."
    A few of the reporters from Wednesday's media session credited Davis for talking to the media. He didn't have to but it's good that he did because people are wondering. There was no Dez-style blow-up or anything like that. The KC Star's article paints it all as a professional scene.
    "I think he's handling it professionally," Andy Reid said, via quotes from the Chiefs. "That's all a part of this business. He's a young guy, he's learning and he's got a lot of good days ahead of him so this isn't the end of the road for Knile at all."
    For the Chiefs part, Reid recently explained they wanted to get newcomer DB Saalim Hakim into the game, which came at the expense of Davis last week.
    "Yeah, no, we haven't lost confidence (in Davis)," Reid said. "The way it works, those guys are working in on special teams, both of them are, (Saalim) Hakim and (Spencer) Ware, both have a bigger role than what Knile had. Knile was just doing the returning and we felt that 13 (De'Anthony Thomas) could do that, too. They were kind of rotating at that spot. Really, that's kind of what it came down to,
    The Chiefs say they haven't lost confidence but obviously actions speak louder than words. They don't feel that he is one of the 53 46 most important players on a game day. That says more than what Andy Reid could tell us.

Just my opinion....and what do I know....but....

I don't think KD really fits the mold of what Andy Reid likes in a RB. Reid prefers small fast guys that can "break the big one" or catch passes out of the backfield to get them a shot in open space.

KD IMO is more like Marcus Allen but maybe lacking a bit in the receiving department.

IMO it sucks, but I expect KD will be on the trade block at the end of this year.

KD has been out-shined by West because West is more like JC and JC is one of the best.

If we trade or release him it will be a shame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast