Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some current football thoughts.

Default Some current football thoughts.

First I'll be the first to apologize to the Kansas City Chiefs football team. I was one of many that wrote them off when they were 1-5. They have gotten back in the run for it and proved that was way premature. They are still alive for the AFC west. Denver has the pats and Cincy left to play that's very well 2 losses. That leaves them 1 more loss for the Chiefs to catch up assuming the Chiefs keep winning. There's a lot of football left. The Chiefs can still win the west.

A big tip of the cap to the Chiefs FO. FINALLY after years of me BEGGING they have finally improved the talent on the offensive side of the ball. This has been something I have been VERY vocal off for the past few years. Albert Wilson has gotten better and better. He made a hell of a catch today. And has made some good catches. Conley is still a work in progress but that's to be expected for a rookie. The O line is WAY better then they were week 1. And it's a young O line. Given more time with anther peace or two they could become a DOMINANTE line.

^^^^speaking of this I've taken some heat over the years for defending the QBs this team has had. While watching Rivers today there was a VERY SMALL part of me that felt for him like I have for our QBs over the years. His line was garbage today his guys droped a few passes all that helped the Chiefs get the lopsided result that they got today. I felt for him a bit then I remembered he's Philip Rivers :)

There's been some talk about the Chiefs having an easy road the rest of the way. Today it just got a tad easier. Joe Flacco is out for the year with a tore ACL. That means the Chiefs will be facing an already banged up Ravens team with Matt Schaub at the QB spot. They had already taken a hit with there number 1 WR out for the rest of the year. Now they are without there number 1 QB. They have had a tough year. The Chiefs might get them at the right time.

While watching todays game seeing Ware running through the Bolts defense it became clear to me that we don't give the RB coach enough credit. I mean Ware is what the 3rd or 4th string guy and he came in and ran like a top guy. Now sure some of that was the Chargers. But for a number 3 or 4 guy doing it against anyone you have to give mad props to the RB coach. He's clearly doing a great job.

The Chiefs have a tough game next week against a Bills team that over the years has given the Chiefs trouble. The Bills will be coming off a short week as they play the Pats on MNF. And regardless of the outcome will be a team that the Chiefs are fighting for a wildcard spot with. That makes next week game a MUST WIN. We are at home. LETS GET IT DONE

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

You said it all matthewschiefs! We still have to be darned near prefect for the rest of the season, but this Chiefs team is starting to shape up like the team we expected. We are back in the hunt for a playoff spot and winning the west is not outside the realm of possibility. One game at a time. JUST WIN BABY!!!!!

Chiefs are due to lay an a$$-kicking on somebody on their home turf. The Bills are the perfect candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Chiefs are due to lay an a$$-kicking on somebody on their home turf. The Bills are the perfect candidate.
    You make an EXCELLENT POINT Demps...

I think maybe we should explain the movie "DELIVERANCE" to the Bills. Make 'em SQUEAL LIKE PIGS!

Here are a few more thoughts

Eric Fisher. He has been one of the most talked about player on this team. Maybe the most that was not named Alex Smith. Today he was not talked about at all. For an offensive Linemen that's a great day. He has made great improvement.

Eric Berry. Watched Andy Reids post game comments he told the story how Berry during his treatment had one hair growing out of his chin and how he refused to cut it. Berry has made great improvement in his comeback. During the offseason and the start of the season I saw talk about how they need to let him go. I strongly disagree. The guy is a playmaker they need to find a way to keep him

Depth. There was a lot of talk about how injured the Chargers were during the game. I couldn't help but to laugh a bit seeing that the Chiefs have been without Charles the best player on the team for weeks now. There is a big difference with this team. DEPTH. One injury isn't a doom sentence now. Think back to the first time Charles tore his ACL how our offense looked 100% lost without him. Look at the team now. Sure You might not see a great offense but they are respectful. The depth on this team is FAR better then we have seen in a long time. Again a credit to Mr. John Dorsey.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

^^Regarding Fisher, I knew from watching him closely that he could be a decent LT, if given the chance to develop and get seasoning. People forget that going into 2014, he had no off-season preparation due to having to go under the knife. In 2015, he did prepare, but that injury in camp where Bailey fell on his ankle threw a monkey wrench into things. Fisher was lucky his ankle wasn't broken. Thank goodness, after the Chiefs 5th consecutive loss, that the brass wised up and put him back at his natural LT position. Fisher has done credible job since then, and NO, he's not a bust like the cabal of numbnuts out there were labeling him to be.

Regarding Berry, I was one of the people who was all for letting him go after this season, but that has changed and I started a thread about Berry's move to FS, and admitted that I was wrong about that. Turns out the Chiefs had been playing him out of position at SS all this time from 2010 -- 2014. Thank goodness the Chiefs brass realized that Ron Parker was okay at SS, and gave Berry the chance at FS. Also, thank goodness the lymphoma was detected in time and the chemotherapy worked and saved his life. His best football is ahead of him, not behind him, now that he's at FS. Hopefully, the Chiefs can work something out after this season to keep him.

No one cares about Fisher anymore such old news talking about him, more importantly how about this team a a whole have seemingly found their soul again

I have to say I am very impressed by how well we were able to turn the season around. The bills next week is going to be a tough game. I also think that if the Bills were to win tonight against the Pats then it will be even more difficult for us, but I do have confidence that we can do it. Pat Kirwan talks each week about who he thinks will make it to the playoffs. For the past two weeks he has been saying that we can get there, but this Bills game is going to be pivotal. In case you guys are interested here is his recap of this past week and what teams he feels are on the road to playoffs: https://realfootballnetwork.com/2015...ng-storylines/

The winning is great, but I'm not putting hope into this team and playoffs yet. They know how to crush it and make you question why you follow the team.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    The winning is great, but I'm not putting hope into this team and playoffs yet. They know how to crush it and make you question why you follow the team.
    Despite Manning picking on our 3rd string Corner, a bunch of turn overs, we beat the Donkies the first time. We then choked a decent lead with three minutes left against the Bears. We would be 7-3. We then lost to three really good teams, in Greenbay, Minnesota and Cincy. Every team can look back one bad play or another and say well we would be better, but those two games we really gave away. So despite being 5-5 after all that we have the easiest schedule in the NFL. If they keep from stubbing their toes as they did against Denver and Chicago this team is on the right path. The have tie breakers with all the other teams in wild card hunt except for Buffalo whom we play this week and the Jets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast