Thread: 4 things that turned this season around....

Default 4 things that turned this season around....

....form 1-5 to 5-5, in no specific order:

1. The return of Jeff Allen and Sean Smith.
    2. Fisher back at LT.
    3. Berry to FS.
    4. And I'll get some heat for this one - The injury to Charles.
    Allow me my reasoning for that last one. JC WAS our offense, for many years now. With him out, our offense has seemingly opened things up, giving other players more chances to contribute. Without having to play to JC, or play around him, Reid has been enabled to open up the playbook. Defenses have to key on other players besides JC, and spread things out, which opens up the middle of the field, giving Smith more opportunities to make plays. (I mean, let's face it - would Poe have gotten that td opportunity if JC was in there?) Which in turn, is keeping our defense off the field longer, allowing them the rest to enable them to play lights out - and they have. The offense seems better. More relaxed. They're having fun out there!
    Ok folks - fire away.
    And heres to kicking some Fubbalo Libs back to the Falls with their tails between their legs. (I cannot say their real name in respect to former poster Canada, who has been missing as of late).
    SHUT IT

The notion that losing JC has helped our offense is counter-intuitive and borders on sacrilege but there is a certain twisted logic to it. JC had become not the entirety of our offense, but far to big a part of it. JC running the ball and catching short passes out of the backfield had become our crutch. We were using our other offensive weapons almost as an afterthought. And that had allowed enemy defenses to focus like a laser on packing the LOS. You can't run if you are walking with a crutch. With the crutch gone our offense has become far more diversified and far more effective.

Don't get me wrong...I look forward to getting JC back. But as the season progresses Reid and our entire offense are going to learn that we have a TON more weapons than we thought we did.

^^ Quite correct, CTC, as Alex Smith completed passes to 8 different receivers, yesterday, as a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ^^ Quite correct, CTC, as Alex Smith completed passes to 8 different receivers, yesterday, as a good example.
    Thank you. Reid is a very damned good leader of men. As a play-caller....well....let us just say that is not what he has been best at. Losing JC has forced Reid to venture a bit outside his "comfort zone" and it is working out pretty well. IMO Reid is learning just what a good team he really has. If we can keep winning and make the playoffs and win a playoff game then I think Reid will become a much-improved play-caller.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'm not sure, but having watched the game twice today it seemed to me that Reid called a lot more 8-12 yard pass plays than he has in the past. Last year we watched team after team "stack the box" and shut us down. For the last few games that certainly has not happened as much. We've become less predictable and we have diversified our threats which makes life a whole lot tougher on enemy defenses.

I'm happy to move JC

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I'm happy to move JC
    The very thought hurts me. And West is not JC....or anyway he hasn't proved that yet. But if the price was right it would be hard to argue with.

Dallas should jump all over charles if they had the chance

Its not jc fault !!! That man is greatness its the coach fault not opening up his playbook and spreading the ball around!!! That lands on coaching not jc !!!!!!

Wow that crazy talk