Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random thoughts after the Charger beatdown.....

Default Random thoughts after the Charger beatdown.....

I'm no "football guru" but I've been a Chiefs fan for a long time so I have some things I want to say after our 4th straight win.

#1) Yeah...it was the Chargers and they pretty much suck this year. But we beat the crap out of them and we did it in their house. In short we beat a division rival on the road and we didn't just squeak out a win, we just BRUTALIZED them 33-3. In short, we did what we should have done. That is new and different for the Chiefs. Anybody remember our Chiefs losing to the winless Raiders last year? If we continue to beat the teams we should we'll make the playoffs and maybe win the division.

#2) Santos....like so many other Chiefs teams over the last 45 years we have trouble getting TDs when we should. Santos was a GAMBLE we won. Kudos to the entire coaching staff on a gamble that paid off and saved us a ton of cap space.

#3) The defense....HOLY CRAP!!!! All of a sudden they have been a STONEWALL for the last few weeks!!! Dunno if it is Sutton or the players, but we have a Defense that could win Super Bowls!!!!

#4) Tamba Hali and Justin Houston....WHAT AN INCREDIBLE TEAM!!!!! Enemy QBs have nightmares about these 2 guys. QBs poop their pants just thinking about them. TAMBA....DON'T YOU DARE RETIRE!!!! There is a Super Bowl ring waiting for you if you can just tough it out for another year or two. You make Houston so much more effective.

#5) Ware...Too early to tell for sure, but this guy could be another Marcus Allen. BIG, STRONG and a FIGHTER!

#6) O-line.....WOW!!! Talk about improvement!!!!! From zeros to heroes in 4 weeks. The pass-blocking is still not the best, but the run-blocking seems to be able to make almost any running back look pretty damned good.

#7) Alex Smith....You are having the best year of your career. KEEP IT UP! You are just maybe starting to look like a "poor man's Roger Staubach".

#8) Secondary....These guys are looking like STUDS. They shut Rivers down like he was a second rate crack-whore.

#9) John Dorsey....He is EXACTLY what he was supposed to be. A guy that finds gold in the discount meat rack. West was a UDFA and costs us $510,000. Ware we got off the waiver wire and is costing us less than $250,000. We've got a DAMNED GOOD GM!

#10) Andy Reid....Yup....poor clock manager. Not the best play-caller in the world. But sure as ship he is a LEADER OF MEN!!!! If I can believe what I read he had a talk with the team when we were 1-5 and pretty much said..."WTF BOYS?!?!?!" And the results of that "talk" have been DRAMATIC. Reid is a coach that can get us to the Super Bowl.

#11) Despite a loss in week 2 to the damned donks that broke our team's spirit and sent us on a 0-5 skid we are right back in the playoff hunt and still have a shot at winning the west. We just have to take it one game at a time and win the games we should.

#12) The Bills game is CRUCIAL. We still have to go 5-1 to be assured of a playoff slot. And the Bills have always played us tough...almost like a division rival. Delivering the Bills a BRUTAL BEATDOWN in KC will say it all and make us a legit playoff contender.

CT maybe I understand why Alex and others are having career years this year now its starting to show. I was one that wanted to see us get younger at linebacker and see Tamba and DJ retire, I was wrong guys I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    CT maybe I understand why Alex and others are having career years this year now its starting to show. I was one that wanted to see us get younger at linebacker and see Tamba and DJ retire, I was wrong guys I'm sorry
    Don't feel alone C4L, I've been pushing to see more from Dee Ford (which, until last game, we have). Do think that the rotation of Ford & Hali has been really helpful to keeping Hali at top speed this year. DJ will be a tough one to replace when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Sorry to take so long to reply C4L. BRUTAL week in the restaurant business 78 side dishes and pies for catering this week plus a private dinner party for 18 tonight and all the while fighting a horrible cold. Apologies.

Don't you feel one damned bit sorry. Not the first time you'll be wrong. Hell! at 58 I've been wrong so many times you would need a really remarkable computer to count them all. And to be honest when you made those comments just about everybody had given up on the Chiefs 2015 season.

Lets be honest...at this point Tamba is surviving on heart alone. He loves the game. He loves the Chiefs. And you would damn near have to cripple him to make him give up. The Chiefs have been VERY GOOD to Tamba and Tamba in return has been VERY GOOD to the Chiefs. He's like players from the old days. He wants to play as long as he can but he wants to STAY A CHIEF. You just can't kick a man like that to the curb as long as he is productive and Tamba most CERTAINLY is productive. He's got--I think--4 1/2 sacks this year and I am betting he will surpass last years 6 sacks by a good margin if he stays healthy enough to play. He's been dinged up all year. But his effectiveness does not end with his sacks. He is constantly pressuring the enemy QB and that helps Houston do an even better job. This is a case where the Hali-Houston TEAM is simply much better than the sum of it's parts. As far as I am concerned Tamba leaves the Chiefs when he is good and ready and NOT before.

DJ also has some gas left in the tank. Like most of the team he was simply completely deflated by that damned week 2 loss to the donks. And like the rest of the team he has his "mojo" back now.

Alex is amusing. Since our winning streak started his stats have gone down substantially from the first 6 games. Alex is what he is and he sure as hell ain't never going to be no Brady or Montana. But if you give him an O-line and a running game and some decent receivers you can win a lot of games with Alex...and remember he has a habit of having his best games in the playoffs...unlike a certain big name donkey QB. Alex is what he is so we owe it to him to give him every tool we can get to make him look his best. After all...it's not like a good O-line, a great rushing game and some good receivers will make whoever eventually replaces Alex look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Don't feel alone C4L, I've been pushing to see more from Dee Ford (which, until last game, we have). Do think that the rotation of Ford & Hali has been really helpful to keeping Hali at top speed this year. DJ will be a tough one to replace when the time comes.
    Well said on ALL COUNTS Eydgster! Ford is Tamba's eventual replacement. And I think he'll do a fine job. But for right now I think it is best that Ford get phased in rather than told..."here is your sword, here is your shield. come back with your shield or on it." Tamba can help Ford become one of the great ones when it is his time to become the starter. And meanwhile Ford can help Tamba stay healthy enough to spend his last few years as a Chief producing at a HIGH LEVEL. WIN-WIN!

EXACTLY what our Chiefs need to do....starting with beating the Bills to a bloody pulp this weekend!!!

#1)
    This has been my beef with this team for years. Even when we have been good we have never had the killer instinct to put an opponent away (Last year's Patriot beat down notwithstanding). We usually seem to get them on the rope and we don't knock them out, only to make for some very nervous 4th quarters. I am delighted to see us kick *** and take number from minute one to minute 60 for 3 weeks now. Hope this will be our motto from now on. That kind of swagger is what this team needs to compete for the big reward.

#4)
    Dee Ford needs to keep developing.

#5)
    Another Marcus Allen? That's a bit over the top. I would take the proverbial "poor man's Marcus Allen" with glee. For that though, Ware needs to show this for a few more games.

#6)
    It's amazing how much difference the correct use of a LT makes.

#7)
    Alex has played with authority the last two games. It's a direct windfall of the improved play of the Oline. That said I would love for us to go after a guy like Paxton Lynch high in the draft and give him the Aaron Rodgers treatment for 2 or 3 years before Alex is done.

#8) A
    2 words: Sean Smith. I am not a big fan of his off the field tendencies, but man he's got all the tools to shut down an opponent's best WR.

#8) B
    2 more words: Marcus Peters. Rookie with talent, and attitude. I think we have discovered gold with this pic. Future perennial Pro Bowler barring injuries.

#10)
    I posted a thread this afternoon about Andy and his eagles replacement. 'nuff said.

#12)
    I am ALWAYS uneasy about the Bills. They always seem to bring their 'A' game against KC. It will take our 'A' game to beat them this week.

#6) Regarding the O-Line, a couple of pics posted below speaks volumes. I posted on LDT's Facebook timeline (after the Detroit game) just what you see in the first pic, below:

ldt1.jpg

As you see in the first pic, I got 2 thumbs up from what I posted. Look at the 2nd pic below, to see who one of those two people was that gave me the thumbs up:

ldt2.jpg

Yeah, LDT gets what I'm saying, and I'm hopeful he parlayed my message to rest of the Chiefs O-Lineman and keeps reminding them of that.

I think the coaches and players are holding one another accountable for their performances and they finally got the horrid taste of defeat out of their mouths. There's more team chemistry, and it appears as if each one is doing their job and they are trusting each of their team mates to do theirs as well.

In short: they have confidence once again.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-28-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think the coaches and players are holding one another accountable for their performances and they finally got the horrid taste of defeat out of their mouths. There's more team chemistry, and it appears as if each one is doing their job and they are trusting each of their team mates to do theirs as well.

In short: they have confidence once again.
    Yup! It took several weeks to get over the emotional mess that loss to Denver created. Had we won that game we would now be at the very least tied for the division lead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12