Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If playoffs started today opent would be..…...

Default If playoffs started today opent would be..…...

FANSHOTS FANPOSTS
    NFL playoff picture: Chiefs are the 6th seed with Bills loss to Patriots, would face Broncos
    By Joel Thorman  @JoelThorman on Nov 24, 2015, 6:51a 704

Doug Pensinger/Getty Images
     TWEET SHARE (1393)
    The Buffalo Bills loss to the New England Patriots means that the Kansas City Chiefs are now the No. 6 team in the NFL playoff picture. It means nothing right now of course because the playoffs don't start today but it's a nice feeling for the Chiefs who started 1-5 and now sit at 5-5 after winning four straight.

IF the playoffs started today, the Chiefs would be visiting the ... Denver Broncos. Indeed, a matchup of the January 1998 playoff game where Tony Gonzalez was in bounds the Broncos won, 14-10. The Chiefs split with the Broncos including a 16-point victory in Denver for the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are much more likely to earn a Wild Card berth, rather than winning the division. Denver is up three games in the division with just six games to play. Don't count on winning the AFC West. The Wild Card though, that's very possible. In fact, it's likely to happen.

In the NFL playoffs, the first and second seeds would receive a bye. On Wild Card weekend, the No. 3 seed would host the No. 6 seed while the No. 4 seed would host the No. 5 seed. The Chiefs best bet would probably be the No. 5 seed where they can play whoever the AFC South trots out. Of all the scenarios, playing the Colts / Texans / whoever wins the AFC South sounds the most appealing. There is, however, some history with the Colts....

AFC Playoff Picture, Week 11

1. New England Patriots (10-0)
    2. Cincinnati Bengals (8-2, 7-1 in AFC)
    3. Denver Broncos (8-2, 4-2 in AFC)
    4. Indianapolis Colts (5-5, head-to-head win over HOU)
    5. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-4)
    6. Kansas City Chiefs (5-5, 4-2 AFC)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7. Houston Texans (5-5, 4-3 AFC, head-to-head losses to IND & KC, win over NYJ)
    8. Buffalo Bills (5-5, 5-4 in AFC, head-to-head win over NYJ)
    9. New York Jets (5-5, 4-4 AFC, head-to-head loss to HOU)
    11. Oakland Raiders (4-6, 4-3 AFC)
    12. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-6, 4-4 AFC, head-to-head win over MIA)
    10. Miami Dolphins (4-6, 2-5 AFC, head-to-head loss to JAX)
    13. Baltimore Ravens (3-7)
    14. Cleveland Browns (2-8, 2-6 AFC)
    15. San Diego Chargers (2-8, 1-5 AFC)
    15. Tennessee Titans (2-8, 0-6 AFC)

I would rather play the colts and get some revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I would rather play the colts and get some revenge
    DAMNED WELL SAID!!!! When we break the curse I want it to be against a long-time hated enemy....Raiders, Dolphins, Broncos, Colts. Those are the teams I want us to beat for our first playoff win in 20+ years.

I'll take a playoff win against anyone. Dont really care who it is, just get it done!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I'll take a playoff win against anyone. Dont really care who it is, just get it done!!
    Good to see you Canada!!!! And I agree COMPLETELY. Playoff win against anybody would be good, but it would just be a little more sweet against one of those 4 teams.

Thanks man, and I agree too. Would be nice to kick the stuffing out of the donkies for that first win!!
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-27-2015 at 04:22 PM. Reason: rule violation (in honor of Thansgiving!)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Thanks man, and I agree too. Would be nice to kick the stuffing out of the donkies for that first win!!
    THIS THIS AND MORE THIS

Getting that playoff win would be great no matter who it was against getting against Denver would just make it all the sweeter
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-27-2015 at 04:22 PM.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I concur regarding the Donkeys. One win wasn't enough. The Chiefs still owe the Donks an overwhelming abundance of payback.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-27-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THIS THIS AND MORE THIS

Getting that playoff win would be great no matter who it was against getting against Denver would just make it all the sweeter
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I concur regarding the Donkeys. One win wasn't enough. The Chiefs still owe the Donks an overwhelming abundance of payback.
    Agree with all of you. We OWE the donks A HUGE RATION OF PAIN!!!! ​That said, kicking the Colts in the butt in the playoffs would also be a nice measure of payback and just because I'm not unlike the Hatfields and the McCoys I'd also be exceptionally pleased with a playoff win against either the Raiders or the Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Agree with all of you. We OWE the donks A HUGE RATION OF PAIN!!!! That said, kicking the Colts in the butt in the playoffs would also be a nice measure of payback and just because I'm not unlike the Hatfields and the McCoys I'd also be exceptionally pleased with a playoff win against either the Raiders or the Dolphins.
    The dream playoff run

Go 13-3 win AFC west get first round bye
    2nd round 42-10 beatdown of the Colts
    AFC title games 49-3 beatdown of the donks
    Superbowl 56-0 beatdown of Dallas
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast