Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to Alex Smith.

Default Kudos to Alex Smith.

19-30-255. No interceptions. 2 touchdowns. 112.5 rating. He added 35 yards with his legs so a combined 290 yards. And this against a Bills Defense that was supposed to be Hot Ship.

No matter who you are that is a pretty damned good game.

In addition, Alex had 6 passes (that's 31.5% of his completions) go for 15 yards are more. He had 4 (21%) that went for 32 yards or more. And most if not all of the 30+ yard completions were virtually all in the air not short throws with a long run.

Only slight downer is that that pass to Conley wasn't about 6" shorter. 37-22 would have been REALLY SWEET!!!

Great job today Alex.

Being a chiefs fan it is hard to admit he underthrew that maclin reception. And it hit the ground combine that with the overthrow to conley. Is the reason for Alex having a good game not a great one. I like how Alex is running this offense right now I hope he keeps it up

And the missed wide open in the end zone kelce play. Definitely room for improvement for alex. But at least they are small things that he can fix

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    19-30-255. No interceptions. 2 touchdowns. 112.5 rating. He added 35 yards with his legs so a combined 290 yards. And this against a Bills Defense that was supposed to be Hot Ship.

No matter who you are that is a pretty damned good game.

In addition, Alex had 6 passes (that's 31.5% of his completions) go for 15 yards are more. He had 4 (21%) that went for 32 yards or more. And most if not all of the 30+ yard completions were virtually all in the air not short throws with a long run.

Only slight downer is that that pass to Conley wasn't about 6" shorter. 37-22 would have been REALLY SWEET!!!

Great job today Alex.
    Alex did have a good game.

Imagine what his numbers would've been like if he'd connected with both that deep pass to Conley and the play that slc pointed out where Kelce was wide open. For some reason he just didn't see that Kelce was left wide open (?!? What was Rex Ryan's D thinking there, too ?!?). The Conley pass fail was probably a combination of Alex's throw being a little off, going to a rookie WR.

Conley hasn't played enough on the first team to have that down with Alex yet

It was good to see that the 10-0 deficit and the 202 yards to 20 yards didn't just drop kc into a spiral (like it has in years past)

Smith looked good (minus the under throw to maclin). I'm still worried about smith when the run game is t doing much and have to rely on him and the passing game

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Conley hasn't played enough on the first team to have that down with Alex yet
    Agree

If the throw had been a yard shorter Conley would have caught it. That's something that should get better the more they play together.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    It was good to see that the 10-0 deficit and the 202 yards to 20 yards didn't just drop kc into a spiral (like it has in years past)

Smith looked good (minus the under throw to maclin). I'm still worried about smith when the run game is t doing much and have to rely on him and the passing game
    Yesterday was actually a case where the running game wasn't the first thing to get going. We got the passing game going hell even the downfield passing game going and that was a help to the running game.

We haven't seen that much over the past few years. Hopefully it wasn't a one time thing. The offense has shown a pretty nice improvement from where they were early in the season
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I would take Alex Smith over Turd Elway because Alex is a man of integrity and Turd Elway is not (and Elway has already proven this by his own words and actions).

I would not take Alex Smith over Joe Montana, however, because I couldn't take any other QB in the history of the game over Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    And the missed wide open in the end zone kelce play. Definitely room for improvement for alex. But at least they are small things that he can fix
    was that the play where Smith got pressured and scrambled to his right, just as Kelce started to get open? Would have been an awkward throw

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    was that the play where Smith got pressured and scrambled to his right, just as Kelce started to get open? Would have been an awkward throw
    There was pressure pretty quick on that play

Alex then got out of the pocket and Ran he could have made the throw to Kelce there was time after he got out of the pocket he just didn't see him. He had already made the choice that he was going to run the ball.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast