Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petters ok??? And #thoughts on dee ford??

Default Petters ok??? And #thoughts on dee ford??

Rly hope he ok i cant see cooper comeing back in game ill go nuts!!! Awesome win today hard fought today dee ford <~~ want people thoughts on him i think zombo should started...

For Peters it looks like it was a combination of not being hydrated enough, being extremely nervous about the magnitude of the game, the very good receivers he had to cover, playing in his home town and not being well enough conditioned for the number of plays he was involved in. The good news is that he wasn't injured and will be back this week.

Zombo had a good game yesterday recording 5 tackles, 4 solo, 2 sacks and one tackle for loss. Dee Ford was credited with only one tackle. But before we jump all over Ford and start labeling him a bust consider the following.

1) Zombo is a veteran with 6 years experience and played in a Super Bowl with the Packers. Ford is just into his second season and didn't play a lot last year so he is pretty much still a rookie. Give him some time and he should get better.

2) Ford just came back from a long stint on the injury list so he was sure to be a little rusty. In fact he was listed as "out" last week and listed as "probable" yesterday, so he is still hurt. His bad back may have contributed to his low performance.

3) Zombo is listed on the depth chart as Houston's back up while Ford is listed as Hali's back up. Maybe Ford is a lot better from the right side and was playing out of position, I don't know.

4) Does anybody know haw much each player was on the field? The only source I can find snap counts for only goes through week 12. Yesterday's games haven't been updated yet. I know Ford was the starter but if Zombo was in on most of the defensive plays you would expect him to have better stats.

At any rate, none of this really matters much. Should Zombo or Ford have been the starter? Neither. Justin Houston should have been the starter but he couldn't play because he was hurt. But Houston will probably be back this week or almost definitely by next week and then we won't have to worry about it.

I think the coaches just saw this as an opportunity to throw Ford out there and get some real game experience against a not-so-good team and see what he can do and what he needs to work on. They already knew what they have in Zombo and knew he could step in if Ford struggled, so they gave Dee the start. I wouldn't make too big a deal out of this one game. Let's give Ford the benefit of the doubt for now and see how he progresses.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Give Ford some time. He will turn out fine just like Fisher did.

De ford played 95% of the snaps zombo 8% snaps

Kansas City Chiefs Mobile: Snap Counts: How Much Time Did Dee Ford See in Houston’s Absence?
    http://yi.nzc.am/ciT28I

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Give Ford some time. He will turn out fine just like Fisher did.
    I am. Like I said, he was out previously so it was not like hi 10 consecutive start or anything. He is still a rookie to me. ON the Bright side, he des not look nearly as lost as he did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am. Like I said, he was out previously so it was not like hi 10 consecutive start or anything. He is still a rookie to me. ON the Bright side, he des not look nearly as lost as he did last year.
    Yep.....He is coming along. Admittedly a little slowly because he isn't getting a huge amount of playing time but I think he will be just fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12