Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ

Default DJ

You rarely hear anyone talking about him like they do Eric Berry, Tamba, Houston or the running backs or like did with Marcus Peters yesterday but this guy is was a freaking beast like no other yesterday. He had 16 tackles, one sack two tackles for a loss and a caused fumble.

This guy is your model Professional Player. He is the type of guy you want your kids to look up to.

I know he is getting old but will be very upset if he is not a Chief next year.

Meh maybe someday we need to get younger maybe we can draft his replacement for a couple years down the road, What happened to Ramik Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Meh maybe someday we need to get younger maybe we can draft his replacement for a couple years down the road, What happened to Ramik Wilson
    Meh for a guy who really had great game who made huge play after huge play, yet you defended the sloth of a player in Dee Ford who made one??? Yeah he is getting old but he is the foundation of this defense.

At 33 DJ is certainly getting up in years. But looking at his stats this year he is still playing at a very high level. Not especially surprising since this is the last year of his contract. I would be pleased to see him back next year and for as long as he can continue to play high quality football. But without a doubt we should be looking for the man who will replace him in a year or two or three so that DJ can mentor that eventual replacement. All that said we must hope that DJ knows he is not in a position to be looking for a long term contract with big guaranteed money. Based on this most recent contract http://overthecap.com/player/derrick-johnson/498/ it seems safe to say that if he still wants to play it will probably have to be on a year to year (or similar) basis with a good salary but not a lot of guaranteed money. I hope we see him back for another year or 3.

Ramik Wilson appears to be slowed by a high ankle sprain and was just elevated to probable. I am excited to see him play but not as DJ's replacement but Mauga's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Ramik Wilson appears to be slowed by a high ankle sprain and was just elevated to probable. I am excited to see him play but not as DJ's replacement but Mauga's replacement.
    Mauga hasn't done half bad of recent.

DJ is still playing great and shows no signs of slowing down, but linebackers tend to fall off quickly at the very end of their careers. (See: Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs.) I would love for the Chiefs to lock him in to a two year extension before he hits the free agent market, with most of the guaranteed money coming in the first year. If he is still playing well at 35 he would have another opportunity to cash in again.

I don't know much about Johnson as a person, but he appears to be a high character guy. However the free agent market is very tempting. The next contract will likely be his last and he may be looking to get as much money as he can out of it. You KNOW a desperate team will probably offer him more than the Chiefs could afford to match so the Chiefs will need to be looking for his replacement right away either through the draft or a short term FA guy.

Does anyone know if Zombo would be any good on the inside or is he strictly an OLB? Houston, Zombo, Mauga, Hali still looks pretty solid to me.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Mauga hasn't done half bad of recent.
    No recently he has been good.

Yea i agree 100% seek i rly hope we get back dj and sean smith next year soo worried about them.. A good cover corner and a great lb hard to find in nfl now days!! I pray we find away to keep them

DJ and Hali are men playing a man's game. Great football players, both of them. I'm proud to have them both on our team. They were both drafted by the Chiefs, they both deserve a Superbowl with the Chiefs. And they deserve it NOW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast