Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Royals big deals

Default Royals big deals

Young Resigned to 2 year deal, Soria is coming back on a 3 year deal. And we may have just signed Astros Lefty Scott Kazmir

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    As a Royals fan AND a Cubs fan, I consider this a "win-win."
    having 2 teams is WEAK sauce.

But it's what I expect form a toekaroy
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

We lost Cueto to the Giants but its not really that big a loss to me he was to inconsistent he got a mega $ deal

6 years, $130 Million. No, thank you. Johnny was great in Cincy, but for some reason struggled after he came to the Royals. He finished 4-7 in KC, although he performed a little better in the playoffs and, as the announcers liked to remind us every 20 minutes when he was pitching, the playoffs are "what the Royals got him for."

KC had no intention of resigning him and never did. We were fine before we got him and we will be fine now that he is gone. Still, he was one of my favorite pitchers to watch. You never knew if he was going to be any good or not, but his throwing style is like no one else's. With the way he hurls the ball, he will probably need surgery in two years.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    We lost Cueto to the Giants but its not really that big a loss to me he was to inconsistent he got a mega $ deal
    he gave up to many HR's you just had no idea what he was gonna do. I think he gave Yost heart burn
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    6 years, $130 Million. No, thank you. Johnny was great in Cincy, but for some reason struggled after he came to the Royals. He finished 4-7 in KC, although he performed a little better in the playoffs and, as the announcers liked to remind us every 20 minutes when he was pitching, the playoffs are "what the Royals got him for."

KC had no intention of resigning him and never did. We were fine before we got him and we will be fine now that he is gone. Still, he was one of my favorite pitchers to watch. You never knew if he was going to be any good or not, but his throwing style is like no one else's. With the way he hurls the ball, he will probably need surgery in two years.
    you mean Joe Buck. about as popular as a turd in a swimming pool. he was ticked off the Cards lost and took it out on the Royals. I just put the games on mute and listened to the Royals broadcasters. who BTY Buck attacked as just mediocre at best
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

It's very interesting to here what you guys though of Cueto. It's kind of what I expected actually. He was ok but he's no big loss. Of course on the tribe forums this is the start of your downfall I even laugh at that. They were saying the same thing about the tigers every year I expect you guys will still be in contention this year should you bring back Gordon
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's very interesting to here what you guys though of Cueto. It's kind of what I expected actually. He was ok but he's no big loss. Of course on the tribe forums this is the start of your downfall I even laugh at that. They were saying the same thing about the tigers every year I expect you guys will still be in contention this year should you bring back Gordon
    Gordon was out about 8 weeks with a groin injury. not the same when he came back but maybe the off season will do it. he was a tool in left field

Gordon is no big loss, he was a loyal Royal I wish him the best but he shouldn't be hard to replace

what im gonna luv the most is seeing that WS pennant flag waving out there on opening day. and we open with the Mets

Well looks like you guys are keeping Gordon good for you guys bad for my tribe who continues the gameplan of singing past there prime guys and expecting them to become Babe Ruth
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast