Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on today anyone else want some of this Crow?

Default Thoughts on today anyone else want some of this Crow?

Today is a HUGE day for this team After getting off to a 1-5 start they have somehow someway made the playoffs

Lets talk about the game

Running QBS have always given this team trouble. And it did again today. It didn't help being without Houston and Hali but THEY HAVE TO BE BETTER AGAINST THE RUN.

The 2nd half offense was hampered some by that run D. The Browns had the ball most of the 2nd half based on one drive. They just couldn't get them off the field. They had many chances and just couldn't get the job done. My biggest takeaway from this game is being alarmed by the run defense.

The offense playcalling was back to early season bad. An example of this was we had a 3rd down just out of Field goal range and we run a QB draw. WTF? We could at least try to get some yards to try a field goal. They were ready for that as they were the darn screens on 3rd downs. That has been the case all year. Why we are in week 16 and this is still an issue someone needs to slap Andy upside the head when he calls one of these plays.

The special teams unit had a rare blunder on the fake punt. This hasn't happened much. But it allowed the long drive to keep going. A teaching moment to say the lest. They had him short but just couldn't bring him down. If they stopped him we might not have had to sweat that one out as much

It will be interesting to see what the Chiefs decided to do with Houston and Hali next week now that they are in the playoffs. IMO it all depends on PEDenver tomorrow night. If Cincy wins then I say if possible play them. If PEDenver wins then sit them. No need to risk them if we don't have much of a shot to win the division

I was one of many that early in the season declare the Chiefs were dead this year. I will now be enjoying a very tasty plate of crow since they have now clinched a playoff birth. Who wants some of this did I mention how tasty it is

GO CHIEFS GET THAT PLAYOFF WIIN
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Thanks NJ!!! I don't see any teams in the playoffs that the Chiefs can call an "easy win". I also don't see any team in the playoffs that can call a game against the Chiefs an "easy win". The NFL works hard to achieve "parity" and they are pretty good at it.

And yup...turnovers are HUGE! And the Chiefs are DAMNED good at generating turnovers and equally good at avoiding turnovers. If we can get Houston and Hali back for the playoffs I think just about ANYTHING can happen.
    According to kcchiefs.com, Zombo and Ford will be the starters in Sundays game against the Raiders. They have to make sure that they can have Hali and Houston on the field in the post-season, even if they may be a bit rusty. And even with that, the Chiefs still need Zombo and Ford to step up, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    According to kcchiefs.com, Zombo and Ford will be the starters in Sundays game against the Raiders. They have to make sure that they can have Hali and Houston on the field in the post-season, even if they may be a bit rusty. And even with that, the Chiefs still need Zombo and Ford to step up, anyways.
    It would be a shame to deal with the Raiders without Houston or Hali, but without a doubt having them for the playoffs is FAR MORE IMPORTANT than for the Raider game. Might even be some benefit to having Ford and Zombo play most or all of the reps against Oakland. I'm sure they know how important the game is and that they know about the magnitude of the rivalry. Might give us a look at "what could be".

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Were in 5th place on the power rankings
    A bit over ranked IMO. At this stage anyway. Maybe when we get everybody back this would be more apt.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    I agree with Connecticut. This is definitely an "on any given Sunday" season. It comes down to this: turnovers. When Andy Reid took over he pointed to the turnover differential as the most important statistic of all. That comes after a 2-12 year when we had the worst differential in the league. This year we are 2nd. Plus 15. And the reason we are in the playoffs. Carolina is first, no surprise. The top seven in turnover differential are all in the playoffs. A turnover can lead to a 14 point swing. If we win or at least are even in the turnover game, the curse is over. Guaranteed.
    NJChiefs: Amen to your post. BTW....I grew-up most of my life in Morristown, NJ. Where do you live now?
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    NJChiefs: Amen to your post. BTW....I grew-up most of my life in Morristown, NJ. Where do you live now?
    Hey Massachusetts! I live in Morristown! Moved here almost twenty years ago. It's a great little town, though not so little any more. South street is more like Columbus Avenue in Manhattan. Now the taxes on the other hand ... And not enough Chiefs fans here...

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Hey Massachusetts! I live in Morristown! Moved here almost twenty years ago. It's a great little town, though not so little any more. South street is more like Columbus Avenue in Manhattan. Now the taxes on the other hand ... And not enough Chiefs fans here...
    That's too funny. We lived @ 38 Harter Road (near Springbrook CC) Had many great times there. It was semi-upscale in the 80's Now it's completely "yuppieville" Checkout the "Dublin Pub" on Pine Street. A friend of mine owns it. I cringe to think what the taxes are on our old home. Hey....At least your gas is cheap!
    Last edited by KCMASS; 01-01-2016 at 08:41 AM.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

KCMASS....NJChiefs.....

Interesting to hear you two guys talk about Morristown. Long ago and far away my Grandfather and Grandmother were sort of the caretakers at the Frelinghuysen estate. My Grandfather was their personal Chef. This was back in the either very late '60s or maybe the early '70s. They would spend a few weeks with us every summer and they always spoke of the Frelinghuysens.

Bad news guys I'm probably moving to Indianapolis from kansas, so I'll be proudly flying my colors in enemy territory, on the plus side I may get to see the Chiefs-Colts game next year at Lucas Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Bad news guys I'm probably moving to Indianapolis from kansas, so I'll be proudly flying my colors in enemy territory, on the plus side I may get to see the Chiefs-Colts game next year at Lucas Oil
    Hope this is due to a great new job opportunity! Meanwhile, stick around here on ChiefsCrowd. A lot of us Out-of-area fans here.

I will be staying on Chiefs crowd you guys are like a second family, I would hope I contribute to the site, and you guys have always been nice to me

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast