Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on today anyone else want some of this Crow?

Default Thoughts on today anyone else want some of this Crow?

Today is a HUGE day for this team After getting off to a 1-5 start they have somehow someway made the playoffs

Lets talk about the game

Running QBS have always given this team trouble. And it did again today. It didn't help being without Houston and Hali but THEY HAVE TO BE BETTER AGAINST THE RUN.

The 2nd half offense was hampered some by that run D. The Browns had the ball most of the 2nd half based on one drive. They just couldn't get them off the field. They had many chances and just couldn't get the job done. My biggest takeaway from this game is being alarmed by the run defense.

The offense playcalling was back to early season bad. An example of this was we had a 3rd down just out of Field goal range and we run a QB draw. WTF? We could at least try to get some yards to try a field goal. They were ready for that as they were the darn screens on 3rd downs. That has been the case all year. Why we are in week 16 and this is still an issue someone needs to slap Andy upside the head when he calls one of these plays.

The special teams unit had a rare blunder on the fake punt. This hasn't happened much. But it allowed the long drive to keep going. A teaching moment to say the lest. They had him short but just couldn't bring him down. If they stopped him we might not have had to sweat that one out as much

It will be interesting to see what the Chiefs decided to do with Houston and Hali next week now that they are in the playoffs. IMO it all depends on PEDenver tomorrow night. If Cincy wins then I say if possible play them. If PEDenver wins then sit them. No need to risk them if we don't have much of a shot to win the division

I was one of many that early in the season declare the Chiefs were dead this year. I will now be enjoying a very tasty plate of crow since they have now clinched a playoff birth. Who wants some of this did I mention how tasty it is

GO CHIEFS GET THAT PLAYOFF WIIN
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It's great that the Chiefs fought back from a 1-5 start to get a post-season slot. Next week, I don't care if they lose to the Raiders. I'd rather see the Chiefs play on the road in that first post-season game, anyway. The Chiefs have played GREAT on the road for the most part this year & played poorly at home for the most part. So playing at home in the first post-season game isn't important to me.

Not a single point in the 2nd half. I'm happy we're in the playoffs, but not happy with the 2nd half play calling. Better fix it, or the Chiefs will be watching the AFC championship game on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It's great that the Chiefs fought back from a 1-5 start to get a post-season slot. Next week, I don't care if they lose to the Raiders. I'd rather see the Chiefs play on the road in that first post-season game, anyway. The Chiefs have played GREAT on the road for the most part this year & played poorly at home for the most part. So playing at home in the first post-season game isn't important to me.
    I agree regardless of the donkey out come rest the starters for the most part. Am I the only one who wouldn't be to depressed if all the talk about 9 in a row goes away either.

Ugly win. Playoff bound.

Its great to get to the playoffs and this nice 3 year stretch but until the playoff game is won, it's same old same old

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    I agree regardless of the donkey out come rest the starters for the most part. Am I the only one who wouldn't be to depressed if all the talk about 9 in a row goes away either.
    No, you aren't the only one. The primary concern now is the post-season. There is no reason to put any stock into this meaningless season final & I don't give a rat's behind if it is the Raiders. Even if the Chiefs don't win next Sunday, it still would be better to give ALL their primary starters a much needed rest and have all the key players ready for the post-season. My hope is that Andy Reid takes the same approach that he took two seasons ago. Even though the Chiefs didn't win that game at SD, and didn't win the playoff game at Indy, it was still the right thing to do by Andy Reid resting all his key players & having them ready for the post-season.

Don't agree to rest the starters I will hurt us I promise you

I'll take a healthy slice of the Crow pie, after my "I hate this team" thread after the first Broncos loss. But a win in the playoffs is crucial. We've got to break that curse. Anything less will be a disappointment. Anything more will be tasty gravy. I think next week is still important from an attitude and confidence perspective. We don't do well when backing into the playoffs. And our opponent as a 5th vs 6th seed may be important. I think I'd rather face Houston.

Something to keep in mind it's been a good while since Houston has played. Getting him some time next week could be a big help in shaking off some rust. IMO that's something that has to be taken into account.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I think if Cincy beats Donks tomorrow, Reid should shoot to win the division. If donks win, rest the starters.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast