Thread: What's Up With Knile Davis?

Default What's Up With Knile Davis?

I've been waiting for someone to post about Knile Davis. Is he in the Andy Reid doghouse? He's a damn fine North/South runner. I don't understand why he's being kept off the field. Any insight people?
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

He's been outplayed by two guys this year for one, can't take anything away from West and Ware. One thing that donned on me, during one of our games the were talking about how Coach Bieniemy coaches the backs, run tough and finish runs, Be the hammer not the nail etc. Davis isn't a tough runner. He often tip toes up to the line instead of accelerating into it. One might say his style of running isn't suited to Reid's offense, but is he much of a different style than Spencer Ware?

I doubt he gets resigned. He'll probably sign with another team and be forced to earn his playing time.

Ware and Davis are almost identical in size. They are both small guys--about 5' 10" and about 227 pounds. Davis has had problems with a bit of fumbleitis. Ware in limited service has a much higher yards per carry average. Both have 1 year (2016) left on their contract. Ware is cheaper. Cutting Davis would save us $700,000 in cap space. Our Chiefs are top heavy in running backs--JC, West, Davis, Ware. One of them is going to go down the road this off-season. And it looks like Davis will be the "odd man out".

Thanks guys for your insight. I guess that was a semi-wasted 3rd rounder. He had slippery hands in college as well. I was somewhat stunned we took him @ all.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    Thanks guys for your insight. I guess that was a semi-wasted 3rd rounder. He had slippery hands in college as well. I was somewhat stunned we took him @ all.
    I think he could have turned out fine. But Ware came along for next to nothing and due to the injury to JC Ware got a chance and that chance may have ended Davis' career as a Chief. He may not be a completely wasted pick though. He has shown enough that we might be able to trade him for a late round draft pick.

I dont think we would get a pick for him

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    I dont think we would get a pick for him
    Maybe, maybe not. But I think we might get a 6 or 7 for him. Better than nothing.

if DAT is contemplation retirement nobody will give us anything for him. Teams may shy away from Knile because of his butter fingers