Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: it's go time for Alex smith

Default it's go time for Alex smith

Yes it's go time for the rest of the team as well. But I have heard it alot on here that Alex smith shows up big for playoff games. Let's hope so I believe we are much better then Houston at the qb position. So we need alex to bring his A game. His scrambling abilities are gonna play a huge factor in this game I believe. Alex smith and his play will be the deciding factor in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Yes it's go time for the rest of the team as well. But I have heard it alot on here that Alex smith shows up big for playoff games. Let's hope so I believe we are much better then Houston at the qb position. So we need alex to bring his A game. His scrambling abilities are gonna play a huge factor in this game I believe. Alex smith and his play will be the deciding factor in this game.
    No doubt that Alex is the better QB "on paper". No doubt at all. The scrambling alone won't Git-R-Done however. Unless I am SORELY MISTAKEN the Texans will have a plan to contain Alex's scrambles. If they don't their coach and Defensive coordinator need to be fired with expediency. They watch film just like we do and know how many times Alex has gotten CRITICAL first downs with his legs. They will have a PLAN. The way to RUIN that plan is to show them looks they don't expect and HAVE SOME SUCCESS with it. We'll need an EFFECTIVE running game combined with a steady diet of passes that travel 4-8 yards beyond the LOS before being caught and at least enough downfield throws to force the Texans to respect the threat of the long ball.

We have the weapons to win this game. Now it is just a matter of EXECUTION--both on the field and in the playcalling.

I want to hear Alex yell..."KILL! KILL!! KILL!!!" at least 2-4 times per quarter.

I've never heard Alex audible before this last game and its awesome

IMO There's only 1 person who needs to step up more then Alex and that's Andy Reid as the play caller.

They simply can't run the screen passes that haven't gone anywhere all year. If he's calling those all day long then really Alex won't have much of a chance to do well.

I've been one that has stuck up for Alex and other QBs. This season I have raised my standards this is the most talent around a QB that I've seen the Chiefs have in years. It's up to him at the QB to take advantage of that talent. GET IT DONE ALEX PLEASE
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Alex and are O showed up to playoffs 2 years ago are D DIDNT!! Im not worried about alex showing up i want are d show up!!!! And play at a crazy high lvl!!! And bob sutton better be rdy to make changes not like 2 years ago !!!

2005, Alex Smith's rookie year, was abysmal offensively for #49ers. Smith threw one TD! They scored 239 pts that yr. This year's squad: 238.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    IMO There's only 1 person who needs to step up more then Alex and that's Andy Reid as the play caller.

They simply can't run the screen passes that haven't gone anywhere all year. If he's calling those all day long then really Alex won't have much of a chance to do well.

I've been one that has stuck up for Alex and other QBs. This season I have raised my standards this is the most talent around a QB that I've seen the Chiefs have in years. It's up to him at the QB to take advantage of that talent. GET IT DONE ALEX PLEASE
    The only screens I would like to see is charcandrick west on a quick slant across the middle

#Chiefs QB Alex Smith is 3 TD passes shy of franchise postseason record.

10 Stats to Know: https://t.co/EoBQo3AfW8 https://t.co/LYjuGL2Fdb

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post

He might, maybe, could.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post

That could happen. While it sucks that Maclin is banged up, can imagine Smith, Wilson, Conley and Avant are all working to connect better next game. If Smith had thrown that long ball one foot shorter to Wilson, it'd be 2 TD passes shy. If the other WR's start doing well, it'll open up things for Kelce and our running game. We can get 3 passing TDs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast