Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The reason why I became a KC Chiefs Fan......

Default The reason why I became a KC Chiefs Fan......

I wanted to post this. I just turned 50 & I wanted to know why many of you (outside or inside KC) became a fan. I was living in Newark Delaware in the late 60's early 70's. We had a babysitter for us (myself & my two sisters) & he (yes he) was our caretaker @ the time.

One night we came & said I have 6 boxes of NFL paraphernalia. I remember all of them. Baltimore Colts, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, NY Giants, Oakland Raiders & of course the KC Chiefs. You can pick one he said. This consisted of pins, magnets, banners etc. I said "I want the cool looking RED one" I think I was 5 @ the time.That's it people. I was born right there & then! I still have the box with all it's offerings to this day!

Here's another little tidbit....My 1st car was a Red Fiat Spider. Ever since then, I have always purchased a Red car (current is a 2015 VW Jetta manual)

Would like to hear other peoples stories & I know you have some.
    Last edited by KCMASS; 01-07-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan35hey View Post
    I became a Chiefs fan watching the hated raiders and Chiefs when I was a teen and around here the pats sucked and wasn't going to root for the Giants . Yes Podolak yan stenerud , Lanier and others thrilled me with their AFC Sunday afternoon late games. Aerial shows with hard running close games with chargers donkeys jets . Hank stram orchestrated an offensive attack which would culminate in the AFC finally being accepted in the nfl . As far as this weekend we aren't getting respect we should 1.we are scoring 25.3 points a game 2. Our passing rTio of defending against and completing passes is in the top 5 3. Kelce and macklin ahave a combined 13 touchdowns and over 2000yArds4.alex smith does not turn it over5. We have four pro bowlers who can stop the run and the pass ranking 7 in total defense and third in points allowed ! Why am I a Chiefs fan we'll initials are KC and after 8 disappointments it is our time ! Don't want to look past Houston but we are better and can't wait to seey Chiefs dethrone the pats at Gillette !
    That would be cool BEYOND BELIEF!!!!

Central mass . Basketball coach for 30 years , retired school teacher providence college golf coach

Yes yes Boston also has some great watering holes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12