Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The reason why I became a KC Chiefs Fan......

Default The reason why I became a KC Chiefs Fan......

I wanted to post this. I just turned 50 & I wanted to know why many of you (outside or inside KC) became a fan. I was living in Newark Delaware in the late 60's early 70's. We had a babysitter for us (myself & my two sisters) & he (yes he) was our caretaker @ the time.

One night we came & said I have 6 boxes of NFL paraphernalia. I remember all of them. Baltimore Colts, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, NY Giants, Oakland Raiders & of course the KC Chiefs. You can pick one he said. This consisted of pins, magnets, banners etc. I said "I want the cool looking RED one" I think I was 5 @ the time.That's it people. I was born right there & then! I still have the box with all it's offerings to this day!

Here's another little tidbit....My 1st car was a Red Fiat Spider. Ever since then, I have always purchased a Red car (current is a 2015 VW Jetta manual)

Would like to hear other peoples stories & I know you have some.
    Last edited by KCMASS; 01-07-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

As a little kid I didn't like football. I was a small kid and FAST! Fastest kid in my school. I played soccer. My dad didn't like that ONE BIT! Thought maybe I was limp-wrist or something. So one day...'68 I think (I was 11)...He had to take a business trip to KC. Brought me along and got tickets to a Chiefs game. It was Chiefs VS Raiders. Chiefs won. I was HOOKED!!! Been a Chiefs fan ever since. Christmas of '71 was the WORST Christmas of my life. Probably the worst day of my life.

My story pretty cool... When i was younger my dad put me in peewee football and my team name was the chiefs we went 3 years in a row never losing 1 game.. It was great i remember my dad telling me one day your team going lose and it will be hard on u but that day never came tell high school lol.. But ever sense then i became a chiefs fan bc of my peewee football team!! Hehe go chiefs!!!

Born and raised

My freshman year in college(1992) the Nintendo game Tecmo football was all the rage. Everyone in my dorm hall had to pick a team. On that game, teams that ran a 3-4 defense could sometimes sack the QB with the NT as soon as the ball was hiked. KC was a 3-4 team. I also had Derrick Thomas for my buddies that tried to run shotgun formations to protect against the NT dive play. On offense they had Okoye to run over people.

I started following the Chiefs on TV a lot in 1994 and never stopped. I started the ChiefsCrowd.com fan club in 2003 and here we are 13 years later. I'm ready to witness a playoff win!
    Last edited by Coach; 01-07-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Some great stories everyone! CTChiefs....I need to hook-up with you @ some point. Coach...Many thanks for this website. I'm so remember the Tecmo Nintendo game! They also had Christian Okoye & he blasted thru the lines most of the time. A little before your time. I love this site & once again thanks for it.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

For me its simple #58

Was just amazed as a kid watching him the rest is history
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Growing up in Dayton, OH, the Chiefs were not a team that received any local coverage. But I've always been a huge NFL fan and I quickly took up interests several other teams besides the local Bengals. The Chiefs were of course one of those teams. I was drawn to a team from heartland playing tough, hard-nosed football in an awesome venue like Arrowhead. I'm 34 and this was the early '90's and the early days of Martyball era. Then came the Montana years, which were exciting obviously, but the Chiefs still were just one of few teams that I followed. I remember wearing Chiefs shirts to school and being accused of being a Montana bandwagon fan. The year that hooked me in as a Chiefs fan for life was the '95 season, the year after Joe. No one gave the Chiefs any chance that year with Steve Bono as the starting QB and they quietly put together a solid 13-3 season. And of course we all know what happened in the playoffs that year. :( So yes, I'm STILL waiting to celebrate a playoff win as a rabid Chiefs fan! And yes, I'm confident and nervous at the same time about tomorrow. I was at the disaster in Indy a couple years ago, I thought I was going to see that first playoff win in ages in person. Obviously I was hesitant to celebrate prematurely and it's a good thing I was... But in summary, I love my Chiefs, as frustrating as they can be. My almost annual pilgrimage to KC and Arrowhead has become one of the most anticipated trips on the travel calendar for me and my friends and family. Go Chiefs, let's make some serious noise in the playoffs!!

Central mass . Basketball coach for 30 years , retired school teacher providence college golf coach

I became a Chiefs fan watching the hated raiders and Chiefs when I was a teen and around here the pats sucked and wasn't going to root for the Giants . Yes Podolak yan stenerud , Lanier and others thrilled me with their AFC Sunday afternoon late games. Aerial shows with hard running close games with chargers donkeys jets . Hank stram orchestrated an offensive attack which would culminate in the AFC finally being accepted in the nfl . As far as this weekend we aren't getting respect we should 1.we are scoring 25.3 points a game 2. Our passing rTio of defending against and completing passes is in the top 5 3. Kelce and macklin ahave a combined 13 touchdowns and over 2000yArds4.alex smith does not turn it over5. We have four pro bowlers who can stop the run and the pass ranking 7 in total defense and third in points allowed ! Why am I a Chiefs fan we'll initials are KC and after 8 disappointments it is our time ! Don't want to look past Houston but we are better and can't wait to seey Chiefs dethrone the pats at Gillette !

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    Some great stories everyone! CTChiefs....I need to hook-up with you @ some point.
    For sure Jersey! It would be great to get the Northeastern guys from this board together for a game. Something I've always wanted to do is go to that Chiefs bar in Philly. Saturdays are always tough for me--especially early in the regular season (I'm a chef and Saturdays are the busiest night of the week, but I can always sneak away for a Sunday, especially after mid-October. Perhaps we can do it for a playoff game this year or--GULP​--the Super Bowl!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast