Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DAMN!!! I'm nervous.....

Default DAMN!!! I'm nervous.....

Maybe it's because I feel we really should win this game. But for whatever reason I'm more nervous than I have been for any other Chiefs playoff game that I can remember in over 45 years as a Chiefs fan.

Sometimes I have a "feeling" about certain games. Somehow I just KNEW we were going to beat the donks in the second game. But I don't have any "feeling" one way or another about this game.

One "feeling" I do have is that if we can win this game and break the curse then we can go AT LEAST as far as the AFC Championship and even to the Super Bowl. I KNOW we are capable of beating the donks and the Pats. We are simply a better team than they are.

But we have to win this game to get to those easier opponents.

Lord...I know I am mostly a "Foxhole Christian" but I also know that in times past when "in extremis" I have asked you for help you have listened. This prayer is not just for me, but also for millions of Chiefs fans across this country and across the world and for this Chiefs Team that has worked so hard to overcome adversity. We have toiled long and hard and been met mostly with heartbreak for over 20 years. Despite that heartbreak we have been loyal as is our duty. Coach Reid also has given his all for many years first as an assistant and also as a head coach. I ask you Lord to look with kindness upon Chiefs fans, the Kansas City Chiefs, Coach Reid, John Dorsey, Clark Hunt and the entirety of the Chiefs organization and give us some time to glory in your just goodness. I ask this not for myself (well maybe a little) but for the multitudes everywhere that believe in our Chiefs.

Thank you for listening Lord. THY WILL BE DONE.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I'm not nervous, just really excited, but I'm not expecting a loss at all.

After a 1-5 start and losing Jamaal for the season, I was just hoping we could get back to 7-9 or 8-8. I didn't even think about the playoffs until we won 4 games in a row.

Now that we're here though, I really think we have the (backup) talent to make it to the AFC Championship. But whatever happens today and beyond is just icing on the cake for me. I am very proud of our Chiefs!

With some good off season moves, I think next year we have a legit chance to win a Super Bowl. Let's get one this year and make it two in a row!
    My sentiments exactly! I don't know that I have that warm fuzzy feeling, but I'm not fearful of a loss, necessarily, either. Mabey it's this overwhelming feeling I have that we're due for a playoff win! One thing is for sure: we need to win our eleventh straight for the previous ten to mean anything.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 01-09-2016 at 03:59 PM.

A couple of beers I am good now

Now, I'm a little nervous. Most of the so called ESPN experts are picking the Chiefs to win.

I am nervous also, my stomach is churning. That kickoff helps a little.

I actually decided to do what I had done for the 2nd Donkeys game. And that is, not tune in to it at all & wait until it was over to check in on it. I have NFL GamePass and so if the Chiefs won, then I can watch a replay of it & if they didn't, then I could spare myself the agony of another post-season failure.

Going to do the same next weekend, as well.

I had an excuse to not watch, I was supposed to go to church for a game night, no not a football game but a board, card or dominoes game but I begged out of it and I sure am glad I did. I don't think I will be nervous next week because I just wanted the playoff losing curse to be broken and I am pleased with the season now, Now I want some gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I had an excuse to not watch, I was supposed to go to church for a game night, no not a football game but a board, card or dominoes game but I begged out of it and I sure am glad I did. I don't think I will be nervous next week because I just wanted the playoff losing curse to be broken and I am pleased with the season now, Now I want some gravy.
    You got it Texas!!!!! For the first time in 22 years we are honest-to-God no ship IN THE HUNT!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    You got it Texas!!!!! For the first time in 22 years we are honest-to-God no ship IN THE HUNT!!!!!!
    No ship? How old are you? 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    No ship? How old are you? 12?
    I'm 58 and have been a Chiefs fan since '68. I don't consider us "In the Hunt" for the Super Bowl until we win a playoff game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12