Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs/Pats

Default Chiefs/Pats

Were underdogs and game time is Saturday, at 4:20 eastern

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan35hey View Post
    I agree Brdempsey we have to establish the run with tight ends blocking . Is macklin definitely out because he stretches the field and against pats zone coverage Kelce will get open. Key to this game is getting Brady off his spot and stopping him from getting rid of the ball quickly. Special teams we have the edge! Pats have lost 3-4 and their defensive secondary is shaky. We will upset the vaunted pats with a balanced attack that keeps brady off the field. I'm excited for this one rather beat them than the donks
    Just watched pats Gameday. They believe this is easy with all their returning guys Hightower, Edelman. I'm telling you they aren't. Going to put up 35 against our"d" . However, macklin could have torn an acl so Andy Reid has to scheme a way to put up points by beating pats defensive line up front. We can run the ball on them . Have faith this is a team Chiefs that is confident and has played well on the road!
    Sounds like the Pats are getting a bit overconfident. They should know better.

I know a gal who is a Pats fan & she is filled with absolute terror, as she remembers full well what happened last year when the two teams met.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Godd vid, Kcman. People forget Conley filled in for Maclin in the Steelers game and there was NO dropoff. Conley is bigger and has world-class speed.
    Yup...Conley is good. All he lacks that Maclin has is the rapport with Alex that Maclin has. That will come.

Just watched pats Gameday. They believe this is easy with all their returning guys Hightower, Edelman. I'm telling you they aren't. Going to put up 35 against our"d" . However, macklin could have torn an acl so Andy Reid has to scheme a way to put up points by beating pats defensive line up front. We can run the ball on them . Have faith this is a team Chiefs that is confident and has played well on the road!
    If there is a coach that can figure out how to beat the Pats with Maclin out it is surely Reid. Watch for Conley to have a GREAT DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I briefly touched on this in my thread. I prefer facing NE instead of Denver next week for the following reasons:

1- If NE is still beaten up we have a better chance at beating them than we do Denver. Brady had a high ankle sprain. Most versions of that injury are not easy to come back from in just two weeks. Especially when he is pushing 40. also a lot of their injuries are to their O-line. Our front 7, in the right mental attitude, can feast on them, and by extension on Mr. Brady. If Amendola and/or Edelman are back healthy, it could be problematic.

2- The Chiefs have already prepared a week for the Texans who have coaches and some players from the Patriot tree. The continuity in that preparation i9s valuable. we will prepare for denver or Pitt when the time comes, but for now we are ahead of the curve in our preparation.

3- Peyton Manning right now is an unknown commodity. Is he recharged now that he has had a few weeks of rest? Or is he ripe for another beat down. I'd rather we let Pitt show us that in case the Donks get past the Steelers. Having some film on him can't hurt.

4- I think the Donks would be more inspired in their first game after the bye to face us than in the second game. Just something about having nothing else on their mind but some sort of revenge. this factor is not as important as the other 3 but worth considering.
    All excellent points!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Yup...Conley is good. All he lacks that Maclin has is the rapport with Alex that Maclin has. That will come.
    That is not entirely correct. Yet anyway. Maclin's best asset is how he gets open. Conley may learn that with experience, but he is not quite there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    All excellent points!
    Thank you sir.

Frankenchief is right & I'm glad the Chiefs are playing in NE this weekend, as it will be a great test for KC. Also, because of the analysis given at NFL.com in the photo below, which I believe there is a lot of truth to:

donkeygift.jpg

Dempsey, I hate to participate in conspiracy theories, but another "Retiring Elway" scenario has been eating at my psyche. It quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and swims like a duck. I just hope it is not a duck.

Even Peyton's injury didn't seem that serious and and the long rest he got while somehow Denver won most of their Peyton-less games feel dubious. Now the scenario seems to be that Peyton returns "just in the nick of time to carry the Donks to the promised land."

Yeah, as much as I don't want to believe it, I have to say it does bother me a lot.

Dempsey, I hate to participate in conspiracy theories, but another "Retiring Elway" scenario has been eating at my psyche. It quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and swims like a duck. I just hope it is not a duck.

Even Peyton's injury didn't seem that serious and and the long rest he got while somehow Denver won most of their Peyton-less games feel dubious. Now the scenario seems to be that Peyton returns "just in the nick of time to carry the Donks to the promised land."

Yeah, as much as I don't want to believe it, I have to say it does bother me a lot.
    Please forget the so-called "conspiracy theory" copout. One must look objectively and not blatantly ignore certain realities. There was NO Manning injury. Manning was never seen hobbling or wincing in pain when the Chiefs beat the Donks in mid-November, and there were NO reports about Manning being injured prior to that game, nor has there been any visual evidence provided anywhere that Manning was hurt. The whole thing is a freaking smokescreen.

As for what you said "It quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and swims like a duck. I just hope it is not a duck.", well I got news for you. IT IS A DUCK & one that needs to have its head blown off with a double-barrel shotgun, somehow.

Watch closely what happens with Pittsburgh next week, if that game is close. Probably the same thing as what happened in the NE-Donks game & it was discussed to death around the web about how the Pats got screwed in that game by the biased officiating.

If it's any consolation...You wouldn't be alone. If the Denver powers-at-be could influence things to the point where Manning and Elway could look like a homecoming couple while holding the Lombardi, they'd do it.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast