Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs/Pats

Default Chiefs/Pats

Were underdogs and game time is Saturday, at 4:20 eastern

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    What else would you call what happened in '97 and '98 other than "rigging"? If you read the articles that I provided a couple of pages back, one can easily see a league official named Henderson trying to say the Donks diverted funds from 1996-1998 because of needing 100 mill for the new stadium, but what Henderson doesn't tell you, is that is impossible by the true time-line showing the approval of funding a new stadium (Nov. 3 1998) and when its actual construction began (August 1999). What that means is that the Donkeys weren't on the hook for one single thin dime regarding stadium funding going into any of those seasons from 1996-1998

So, as the true facts show, the league knew about the Donks cheating the cap, and tried to cover it up.

Many of your posts suggest otherwise.
    That's why the Jags beat them in one of the biggest post season upsets in 96?

To me, the best Defense, is to a have a Chiefs Offense that continually moves the ball and scores points and keeps Brady and company on the sideline.
    A Lot of KC points were scored with short fields (27th in total yards but first in total points). The offense has worked great off the turnovers

Like Matthew said in another thread, KC offense has to put a full game of good football if the defense doesn't get turnovers or slips a little

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    That's why the Jags beat them in one of the biggest post season upsets in 96?
    That was why they cheated cap so heavily & signed the players in '97 that I mentioned earlier. Apparently, what they did in '96 wasn't enough. And the Jags game wasn't that big of an upset, at all. The Jags had already won up in Buffalo the week before because of a balanced Offense. I never doubted that the Jags could win that game in Donkeytown.

What else would you call what happened in '97 and '98 other than "rigging"? If you read the articles that I provided a couple of pages back, one can easily see a league official named Henderson trying to say the Donks diverted funds from 1996-1998 because of needing 100 mill for the new stadium, but what Henderson doesn't tell you, is that is impossible by the true time-line showing the approval of funding a new stadium (Nov. 3 1998) and when its actual construction began (August 1999). What that means is that the Donkeys weren't on the hook for one single thin dime regarding stadium funding going into any of those seasons from 1996-1998

So, as the true facts show, the league knew about the Donks cheating the cap, and tried to cover it up.
    I agree with what you say above Demps, but I don't call it "outright rigging" of the games.

I do think this was a "deal with the devil" or "a conspiracy" whichever you wish to call it in that I believe the NFL made a deal with the donks to allow them to cheat on the cap in trade for accepting whatever punishment the NFL determined *IF* the rules violations ever came to light. But IMO that does not amount to "rigging" or "fixing" a game. Instead IMO it amounts to giving a team an unfair advantage. Which is really no different than hinting to the zebras that giving one team or another "a little help" in a specific game is OK with the NFL.

To be honest Demps I think you agree with me. I say that because you've always said that the donks never won a Super Bowl "On a level playing field".

I don't believe the NFL gift-wrapped 2 Super Bowls and handed them to the donks on a platinum platter. I do believe the NFL tilted the playing field more than just a little in the donks favor.

Consider it to be like a "handicap" in Golf.

As I said before, I believe that the NFL takes steps to "help out" certain scenarios from time to time. I don't believe the NFL ever has complete control over what team will win or lose any given game.

Anyway...that's how I see it.

^^ ctc, tilting of the field IS actually a form of rigging. Sorry, but there's no getting around that. What else can it be called when one team is allowed to circumvent rules that are enforced on all the other teams.

Getting back to what Jake Vanderkooy said in the pic I posted on page 3, he said he hopes he is wrong, but what he is suggesting is people should be wary of it. And given what already happened in the Donks-NE game, Jake has solid basis for his analysis. NE certainly got screwed in that game, and many who are not fans of either the Pats or Donks, have stated so, around the web.

The run game might be a factor Ware has an ankle sprain and hasn't practiced much this year

Not year I meant this week

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    The run game might be a factor Ware has an ankle sprain and hasn't practiced much this week
    No problem, I fixed it for you. If Ware can't go then Knile Davis will have to be ready to see action.

That was why they cheated cap so heavily & signed the players in '97 that I mentioned earlier. Apparently, what they did in '96 wasn't enough. And the Jags game wasn't that big of an upset, at all. The Jags had already won up in Buffalo the week before because of a balanced Offense. I never doubted that the Jags could win that game in Donkeytown.
    "cheated cap in 96-98"

"they lost in in 96"

"well they cheated more in 97 and 98"

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    "cheated cap in 96-98"

"they lost in in 96"

"well they cheated more in 97 and 98"
    Not sure what point you are trying to make, but that is what happened.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast