Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eric Fisher

Default Eric Fisher

As critical as I have been against him all year, Nothing made me smile more seeing him smash JJ Watts face into the ground and hit him the back of the head with an aggressive kicking his behind attitude. Can't stand how much that game was about JJ Watt an how great he is... blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I have never heard of Watt being a dirty player or a cheap shot artist.
    Neither have I. Was just trying to understand if there was an additional reason why Fisher might've done it. The Chiefs have been sticking up for one another a lot more this season. Later in the game, the Texans got flagged when one of their players hit Stephenson after the play. The refs threw the flag, but Fulton came up and gave the guy a "wake up" shove.

Here's Fisher's postgame interview: "You literally have to finish every play (with that guy)."

Video here:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...e53953380.html

a chip on his shoulder?? so he was ticked
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I have been a big Fisher supporter and I must say I like his new attitude. That said, that blow to the head was unnecessary. If he wanted to make sure Watt wouldn't get up and go after the QB he should have just thrown his full weight on top of him.

I don't think Fisher is a dirty player and I think that was a spur of the moment thing and an attitude overflow. I'm thankful we didn't get flagged for it. I do agree that Fish didn't know Watt was already injured, though.
    I urge you to watch the video again. I also at first look thought it was a blow to the head. But after watching many times, it looks more to me like a blow to the shoulder blades that slipped off as Watt bent his upper body forward and traveled to the head unintentionally. If you look at that video carefully several times I think you will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I urge you to watch the video again. I also at first look thought it was a blow to the head. But after watching many times, it looks more to me like a blow to the shoulder blades that slipped off as Watt bent his upper body forward and traveled to the head unintentionally. If you look at that video carefully several times I think you will agree.
    Agreed.

There were two "shots" at the end of that play. The first was a blow to the back (between the shoulder blades). His hand just slid up to the helmet on the follow through, but there was no force applied to the head. At the end of the play Fisher just places his hand on Watt's back for leverage as he pushes himself back upright. There is no cheap shot there, either.

I gotta give credit to the refs, because in real time it looked like a personal foul, but it wasn't so it was a good "no call." If you were going to flag Fisher for anything, I could see holding, maybe, but Watt's own momentum carried him to the ground, the play was over at that point and Fisher did not prevent him from getting up, because he made no attempt to get up.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Agreed.

There were two "shots" at the end of that play. The first was a blow to the back (between the shoulder blades). His hand just slid up to the helmet on the follow through, but there was no force applied to the head. At the end of the play Fisher just places his hand on Watt's back for leverage as he pushes himself back upright. There is no cheap shot there, either.

I gotta give credit to the refs, because in real time it looked like a personal foul, but it wasn't so it was a good "no call." If you were going to flag Fisher for anything, I could see holding, maybe, but Watt's own momentum carried him to the ground, the play was over at that point and Fisher did not prevent him from getting up, because he made no attempt to get up.
    Thanks Roy! That is what I saw as well. Took me a while and several watches to see it though. First several times I watched it I though it was a simple case of head hunting but after watching it a bunch of times I came to the conclusion there was nothing wrong with Fisher's play there.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Thanks Roy! That is what I saw as well. Took me a while and several watches to see it though. First several times I watched it I though it was a simple case of head hunting but after watching it a bunch of times I came to the conclusion there was nothing wrong with Fisher's play there.
    I've watched Fisher closely via NFL Game Pass for three years now. Fisher is not a dirty player & he doesn't repeatedly hold defenders. What happened was just spur of the moment reaction. If Fisher had shoved Watt multiple times while Watt was down, then that would have been one thing. That's not what happened -- it was just one shove and done.

He was down he didn't have to do any more to him I know you guys don't agree with me , but it was dirty, he should at least get a fine you don't need that in the NFL we don't need that kind of reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    He was down he didn't have to do any more to him I know you guys don't agree with me , but it was dirty, he should at least get a fine you don't need that in the NFL we don't need that kind of reputation
    You're right. I don't agree with you. But you are a good and honest Chiefs fan (as am I) which means we can disagree without getting upset about it. I have friends of over 40 years and sometimes even we don't agree on some things.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I've watched Fisher closely via NFL Game Pass for three years now. Fisher is not a dirty player & he doesn't repeatedly hold defenders. What happened was just spur of the moment reaction. If Fisher had shoved Watt multiple times while Watt was down, then that would have been one thing. That's not what happened -- it was just one shove and done.
    Demps...don't undersell yourself. You have supported Fisher from day 1....always said he just needed a bit more time. While I sometimes think you are a little tougher on people than you need to be, you were completely right about Fisher and you haven't rubbed people's noses in it. A tip of my hat Sir.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast