Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eric Fisher

Default Eric Fisher

As critical as I have been against him all year, Nothing made me smile more seeing him smash JJ Watts face into the ground and hit him the back of the head with an aggressive kicking his behind attitude. Can't stand how much that game was about JJ Watt an how great he is... blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Looking carefully at the play, it doesn't look to me like the injury had anything to do with Fisher. Looked to me like his knee just gave out. As to whether Fisher's hit should have drawn a flag...I don't know enough about the rules to say but it looked to me as if Fisher was just making sure Watt was out of the play. I didn't see anything wrong with it.
    Looks to me like Fisher was making sure Watt didn't jump back up and get a hit on the QB. I don't believe Fisher knew that Watt was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Looking carefully at the play, it doesn't look to me like the injury had anything to do with Fisher. Looked to me like his knee just gave out. As to whether Fisher's hit should have drawn a flag...I don't know enough about the rules to say but it looked to me as if Fisher was just making sure Watt was out of the play. I didn't see anything wrong with it.
    Granted, this is the NFL playoffs and there's a lot of things in play here...JJ Watt is an amazing player, but all the media hype is putting a target on his back, Fisher fighting to prove he's worth his draft status, and add in it's a playoff game...Stuff like this is going to happen. Just hope it doesn't get to the point where Fisher becomes a flag magnet in games down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Looks to me like Fisher was making sure Watt didn't jump back up and get a hit on the QB. I don't believe Fisher knew that Watt was hurt.
    EXACTLY my thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Granted, this is the NFL playoffs and there's a lot of things in play here...JJ Watt is an amazing player, but all the media hype is putting a target on his back, Fisher fighting to prove he's worth his draft status, and add in it's a playoff game...Stuff like this is going to happen. Just hope it doesn't get to the point where Fisher becomes a flag magnet in games down the road.
    EXACTLY. The Chiefs are NOT playing "dirty", but they are playing TOUGH AND AGGRESSIVE FOOTBALL. Making sure that someone who has been blocked STAYS BLOCKED. So long as the flags don't start flying every which way I like it.

If Fisher would have drove his shoulder into Watt, then I could see people calling it a dirty play by Fisher. But, that's not what happened. Fisher was just reacting instinctively to make sure Watt didn't get back up and get to the QB and because Watt is lightning quick. I really don't believe that Fisher knew Watt was hurt and everything was happening so fast anyway, so it's not like Fisher had any time to figure out that Watt was hurt.

^^^100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Was thinking the same thing when I saw that. Was this a "payback" hit by Fisher? Did Watt take a cheap shot prior to this?
    I have never heard of Watt being a dirty player or a cheap shot artist.

I cannot agree to dirty to me and should have been flagged, he acted like a Raider on that play sorry but that was wrong

maybe like the Donks, Hunt bought us some Zebra's
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I have been a big Fisher supporter and I must say I like his new attitude. That said, that blow to the head was unnecessary. If he wanted to make sure Watt wouldn't get up and go after the QB he should have just thrown his full weight on top of him.

I don't think Fisher is a dirty player and I think that was a spur of the moment thing and an attitude overflow. I'm thankful we didn't get flagged for it. I do agree that Fish didn't know Watt was already injured, though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast