Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking toward next week!(Updated)(Updated Again)

Default Looking toward next week!(Updated)(Updated Again)

Division leaders W-L Remaining schedule
    1. CHARGERS — x 14-2
    2. RAVENS — x 13-3
    3. COLTS — y 12-4 CHIEFS 9-7
    4. PATRIOTS- y 12-4 JETS 10-6

Wild-card teams W-L Div. Conf. Next Game
    5.JETS z10-6 NE 12-4
    6.CHIEFS z 9-7 COLTS 12-4

x=clinched home-field advantage throughout playoffs
    y=clinched division title
    z=clinched playoff berth

AS I see it, the Bengals have problems, they play at Indy, and Denver, looking into my crystal ball I think they have a good chance of ending up 9-7

The Jaguars play NE and KC, and probably end up 9-7
    The Jets have the best chance of finishing 10-6, playing at home againt Oakland and making one of the wild card spots
    The Broncos (gag) have the best chance of finishing with a 10-6 also because they finish at home against San Frannie.
    The Steelers finish 8-8, out of the running, there're gone.
    The Titans finish 8-8, out of the running.
    The Chiefs have beaten Oakland ( Job is done) and need to beat Jac, (which will take a balanced attack by both defense and offense, which they havn't done in a while) to finish 9-7 which probably won't cut it, but we will see.
    The Dolphins lost to the Jets, and I don't see them beating Indy, I see them finishing at 6-10, out of the picture, they are gone.
    Buffalo has been beaten, ther are gone.

Anyway that is how this old fan sees it, I hope that One or two of the teams stumble and we make it in, but I am not holding my breath!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders!!

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Default Re: Looking toward next week!

[quote]
    admin wrote:
    At this point, pride is all we got.[quote]

Some would say that pride waved bye, bye in Cleveland, but you are correct sir. I, however, am torn because if we win the last game to end the season 9-7 we still do not have a realistic shot at the playoffs but may have saved some of our pride, and slipped further down in the picking order come draft day. Although, admittedly, I don't know just how much difference one more game is going to make.

That is a reasonable assessment Chieftser, even if we had the First pick, my confidence that management would know what to do with it, is shot. At least at 9-7 we finish over 50%, and can feel somewhat good about a season that went awry after the injury to Trent, we still don't know what Mr. Hunt is going to do, so let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Jaguars!!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:
    That is a reasonable assessment Chieftser, even if we had the First pick, my confidence that management would know what to do with it, is shot. At least at 9-7 we finish over 50%, and can feel somewhat good about a season that went awry after the injury to Trent, we still don't know what Mr. Hunt is going to do, so let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Meh, at this point 9-7 or 8-8 is all about the same; it = no playoffs this season.

Is that really going to be your assesment of this season?!?!?! A season that went awry when Trent Green was injured?!?!?!

It was a season where the team was only capable of doing anything when Trent WAS injured.

I've said it before, I love Trent Green too. But, I love the Chiefs above any one player. I won't be blinded by that kind of favoritism.

Huard played like an absolute, stud, and the Chiefs won when he was starting. Whereas, Grenn has struggled, and the Chiefs have eliminated themselves from the playoff spot that Huard had us in position to win, since he came back from injury.

chief31 wrote:
    Is that really going to be your assesment of this season?!?!?! A season that went awry when Trent Green was injured?!?!?!

It was a season where the team was only capable of doing anything when Trent WAS injured.

I've said it before, I love Trent Green too. But, I love the Chiefs above any one player. I won't be blinded by that kind of favoritism.

Huard played like an absolute, stud, and the Chiefs won when he was starting. Whereas, Grenn has struggled, and the Chiefs have eliminated themselves from the playoff spot that Huard had us in position to win, since he came back from injury.
    Not to totally disagree with your assessment, but the fact of the matter is that when Huard was in, the offensive play calling was such that it catered to Huards strengths; as well it should have. When we got Trent back we went back to Hermy-ball which is in reality the old Marty-ball. You know run, run, pass, punt.

Right on Chiefster, no one else seem to notice that difference, and it was in the play calling, one tends to compare QB's when in reality you have to look at the type of plays called for the individual QB's, look upstairs to the guy sitting in the little room with headsets on feeding the plays down to the field, Hey Mike, Wake Up In The Projection Booth!!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Default Re: Looking toward next week!(Updated)

i`m kinda looking forward to the offseason. just to see if or what changes are made. will it be lite weight ones or big ones. let them (clark) start by firing queen carl! this team needs,or should i say "must",make major changes. i`m tired of "needing" help to get to the playoffs.

Yep, let's get a team of Chiefs that will circle that NFL Wagon, and get us a Super Bowl!!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:
    Right on Chiefster, no one else seem to notice that difference, and it was in the play calling, one tends to compare QB's when in reality you have to look at the type of plays called for the individual QB's, look upstairs to the guy sitting in the little room with headsets on feeding the plays down to the field, Hey Mike, Wake Up In The Projection Booth!!

Yep!

wolfpack wrote:
    i`m kinda looking forward to the offseason. just to see if or what changes are made. will it be lite weight ones or big ones. let them (clark) start by firing queen carl! this team needs,or should i say "must",make major changes. i`m tired of "needing" help to get to the playoffs.
    Yep it would be nice to get there out right.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast