Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking toward next week!(Updated)(Updated Again)

Default Looking toward next week!(Updated)(Updated Again)

Division leaders W-L Remaining schedule
    1. CHARGERS — x 14-2
    2. RAVENS — x 13-3
    3. COLTS — y 12-4 CHIEFS 9-7
    4. PATRIOTS- y 12-4 JETS 10-6

Wild-card teams W-L Div. Conf. Next Game
    5.JETS z10-6 NE 12-4
    6.CHIEFS z 9-7 COLTS 12-4

x=clinched home-field advantage throughout playoffs
    y=clinched division title
    z=clinched playoff berth

AS I see it, the Bengals have problems, they play at Indy, and Denver, looking into my crystal ball I think they have a good chance of ending up 9-7

The Jaguars play NE and KC, and probably end up 9-7
    The Jets have the best chance of finishing 10-6, playing at home againt Oakland and making one of the wild card spots
    The Broncos (gag) have the best chance of finishing with a 10-6 also because they finish at home against San Frannie.
    The Steelers finish 8-8, out of the running, there're gone.
    The Titans finish 8-8, out of the running.
    The Chiefs have beaten Oakland ( Job is done) and need to beat Jac, (which will take a balanced attack by both defense and offense, which they havn't done in a while) to finish 9-7 which probably won't cut it, but we will see.
    The Dolphins lost to the Jets, and I don't see them beating Indy, I see them finishing at 6-10, out of the picture, they are gone.
    Buffalo has been beaten, ther are gone.

Anyway that is how this old fan sees it, I hope that One or two of the teams stumble and we make it in, but I am not holding my breath!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders!!

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Default Re: Looking toward next week!

i always look forward to playing the faiders. but its on the road. and like if for some reason the football gods are smiling on us and we make the playoffs,it willbe on the road. this team would have trouble or the heart to beat a div.3 college team. just getting to the playoffs dont mean jack,you have to go deep to make a difference.

wolfpack wrote:
    i always look forward to playing the faiders. but its on the road. and like if for some reason the football gods are smiling on us and we make the playoffs,it willbe on the road. this team would have trouble or the heart to beat a div.3 college team. just getting to the playoffs dont mean jack,you have to go deep to make a difference.
    This is true, my friend, but logic tells you that the team has no chance unless they at least make it into the playoffs. I agree with you that the road to the Super Bowl is on the road, and the likely hood that the Chiefs will make it is probably nil and none, but stranager things have happened, this is the NFL, and you can't count out anything, but to have any chance means you have to makle the playoiffs. So taking them one at a time I say:

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:
    This is true, my friend, but logic tells you that the team has no chance...
    Should have stopped right there.

Ain't happening.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

all aside,forgetting about the pipe dream called playoffs,,,, its faiders week! my sons and their families come home for this. since we`ll be doing x-mass that day,one cant ask for more(expect a win). we will smoke a turkey for the x-mass meal and bbq ribs for the game.plus i`ll get to see my new granddaughter. let the beer flow and the family fun begin!

wolfpack wrote:
    all aside,forgetting about the pipe dream called playoffs,,,, its faiders week! my sons and their families come home for this. since we`ll be doing x-mass that day,one cant ask for more(expect a win). we will smoke a turkey for the x-mass meal and bbq ribs for the game.plus i`ll get to see my new granddaughter. let the beer flow and the family fun begin!

Well have a great time with the family bud! :pint: :-D

...Just don't let the possibility of another Chiefs loss on the road dampin yer holiday spirits. ;-)

The litmus teat is an hour away, by eleven oclock we will know the status of our very dim playoff status, I hope we beat the Faiders, because they are the Faders, whether we continue to be the play off hunt or not, this is for good old fashion Pride!!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

At this point, pride is all we got.
    kenny1937 wrote:
    The litmus teat is an hour away, by eleven oclock we will know the status of our very dim playoff status, I hope we beat the Faiders, because they are the Faders, whether we continue to be the play off hunt or not, this is for good old fashion Pride!!

I totally agree coach, and no matter what happens next week, there were more teams in the NFL with worse records, than the Chiefs and they did give us 8 wins to feel good by, and maybe 9, so we just say GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Jaguars, and with the never ending hope of next season that beats in the chest of every Chief's Fan, it has been a lot of fun on this great board. I hope that we end our season on a winning note, and finally, "Happy New Year"!!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast