Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sean smith a must sighn !!!!!

Default Sean smith a must sighn !!!!!

I pray we get him sighned !!! Bc in this pass happy nfl were going to need him and petter great togther this year we also need to fin more deth at cb bc if one of them get hurt were in big trouble i rly hope dorsey finds a way to sighn sean smith he would be my most important sighning !!!

i just want continuity at CB assuming Gaines don't pan out .. were really close to a trophy
    . i still feel we are the second best team in the afc going into next season behind pats. can't afford any setbacks at the position if we want to get back to the playoffs, hopefully with a bye week.

Well coach i understand what your sayin but we dont have depth at the cb spot at all cooper is worst cb ive ever seen flemming just not good enuff its soo bad we have a ss playing slot cb .. smith can be a great cb if they work on his catching and looking for the ball like petters does ..smith one of the best cover corners ive seen... And sense we dont have depth and i want to see a super bowl with kc in it in my life time i say we need him bad!! Were very close to going all the way and this isnt the time to be playing games at cb in a pass happy nfl....! And if we lose him and cooper in there next year were finshed !!! Hang it up bc all the teams will attack are weekness and i want u think about something do u beleave we would went 11 game win streak with out sean smith lol .. I seen payton and roggers eat up cooper and flemming when sean smith was gone!!! ... Im sorry but i think your wrong we got lucky with petters there no way in hell were going be contenteder with 2 rookie cb.. This is why sean smith most important sighning
    Last edited by Kcman; 01-18-2016 at 04:59 PM.

He may want more than we can pay we have a half dozen other guys to pay as well including Jaye Howard who is due for a monster pay day from someone

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    He may want more than we can pay we have a half dozen other guys to pay as well including Jaye Howard who is due for a monster pay day from someone
    Number one free agent we need to get resigned - Jaye Howard. Then deal with Smith, Allen, Stephenson imo.

Yea i understand that ... Trust me i do .... All im saying is he most important sighning as of right now and i know we haft work him in the cap .. We haft way the risk reward .. Bc we got no deph at cb at all.... And yes howard big 2 but not as big as sean smith we have a little depth there... I hope dorsey trys work something out with him..

Without Howard , smiths job is a lot harder

Quote Originally Posted by Kcman View Post
    Yea i understand that ... Trust me i do .... All im saying is he most important sighning as of right now and i know we haft work him in the cap .. We haft way the risk reward .. Bc we got no deph at cb at all.... And yes howard big 2 but not as big as sean smith we have a little depth there... I hope dorsey trys work something out with him..
    Are you Sean Smith? I've watched him play 15 yards off his man all year long - at least the games he wasn't suspended. He is a good to decent corner, but we can improve there - and we should. Sign Howard first and foremost.

Him playing off wasn't his fault thats Sutton not calling press man to man like we should have ran! Even haili said they didnt press tell 4th quarter and it worked got brady moveing in pocket bc are pass rush is great!!... This 2 times now Sutton hasn't adjustments after half in playoff games .. Im not saying sean the best cb out there I'm just saying we got no depth back there .... I believe next year we have real shot going to the big show and we need a good vet cb back there..

Bump

Smith and Jaye Howard
    by Lyle Graversen 4h ago TWEET

Sean Smith and Jaye Howard were both vital parts of the Kansas City Chiefs defense in 2015. Their contributions were both essential to the unit’s success and in turn a major reason the Chiefs turned their season around. Both players are in the prime of their career at ages 28 and 27 respectively and there is every reason to believe that they will be good players in the coming years.

Unfortunately, those seasons will very likely be played outside of the confines of Arrowhead Stadium and its time for Kansas City fans to come to terms with this.

Now, before I go any further I want to be very clear….the reason Smith and Howard won’t be in KC next year is not because they aren’t good players. On the contrary, I think they’re both very talented and deserve to make good money in free agency. So if you’re already preparing your argument for the comments section and were planning on telling me that I don’t understand just how well either Smith or Howard played this season, save your breath.

Second, I also understand that letting Smith and Howard walk will create holes in the roster that will have to be addressed. I get that too. Despite those two very valid points I still don’t believe either player will be back with the Chiefs next season. What’s more, I think that’s the smart decision to make for General Manager John Dorsey.

I’ll get into the specific reasons for each player in a moment, but before I do I’ll give you the major overlying reason for both players. That is that I don’t believe the Chiefs are in a position to mortgage their long term success to go all in to try and win the Super Bowl next season. While I don’t think a Super Bowl run in 2016 is far fetched, one of the things that excites me about the current state of the Kansas City Chiefs is how it appears John Dorsey has set up the team to be a long term winner.

Yes, winning a Super Bowl is the ultimate goal but I believe the Chiefs are in a position to be one of those teams like the Steelers or Packers that are always in the playoffs. It is with this long term big picture in mind that I say that Kansas City needs to let Smith and Howard walk this offseason.

Let’s begin with Sean Smith.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast